October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

Let's Talk About Age of Sigmar

More
29 Sep 2017 12:07 - 29 Sep 2017 12:08 #255023 by GorillaGrody

Michael Barnes wrote: What Tyranid/AM stuff are you unloading?

Keeping all my AdMech! That and Nurgle (due to its compatibility with Sigmar) are, for now, my keepers. Though I do have a complete set of Admech rangers still on sprue I may be convinced to part with.
As for Tyrannids, they're all the guys from the Deathstorm set (Carnifex, Broodlord, Warriors, Genestealers)+ a set of Warriors (minus two Genestealers I gave to a friend). They're all half-painted but not fixed. Group photo below. Will consider Sigmar and Infinity trades.
Otherwise, this is my first time setting prices for this stuff. 75 for the 'nids, shipped. Throw in rangers for 25?

EDIT: Oh, right. There's a single Zoeanthrope in there, too.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Sep 2017 12:08 by GorillaGrody.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2017 12:26 - 29 Sep 2017 12:32 #255024 by Mr. White

GorillaGrody wrote: In every case, we preferred the Sigmar way of handling things.

I haven't played 40K 8th, as 40K isn't my bag, but compared to all the other GW minis games I've played in the past....AoS is right up there. If not #1. The only thing preventing it from taking that spot is almost three decades of Blood Bowl.

Despite being one of the initial skeptics...I dig everything about AoS to include the fluff. I'm having a lot of fun with the simple rules and the room to be more creative with my models. Speaking of which, I _really_ enjoy seeing how GW takes what was a flavorful WFB unit and revising and expanding it out as a new, unique army. It's a cool way to have a connection to the decades of previous gaming setting all while still feeling totally new and fresh for the Mortal Realms.

I probably currently own more AoS product than I ever had for any other minis gaming line....and I'm doing all i can stay away from Shadespire....although I want all the models and it looks awesome. The Website put up yesterday is cool and I think the game looks great. I fear if I buy the base though it's going to be easy to justify "only 2-5 more models...." and I fear that path...
Last edit: 29 Sep 2017 12:32 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GorillaGrody

More
29 Sep 2017 13:23 #255027 by GorillaGrody

Mr. White wrote:

GorillaGrody wrote: In every case, we preferred the Sigmar way of handling things.

I haven't played 40K 8th, as 40K isn't my bag, but compared to all the other GW minis games I've played in the past....AoS is right up there. If not #1. The only thing preventing it from taking that spot is almost three decades of Blood Bowl.

Despite being one of the initial skeptics...I dig everything about AoS to include the fluff. I'm having a lot of fun with the simple rules and the room to be more creative with my models. Speaking of which, I _really_ enjoy seeing how GW takes what was a flavorful WFB unit and revising and expanding it out as a new, unique army. It's a cool way to have a connection to the decades of previous gaming setting all while still feeling totally new and fresh for the Mortal Realms.

I probably currently own more AoS product than I ever had for any other minis gaming line....and I'm doing all i can stay away from Shadespire....although I want all the models and it looks awesome. The Website put up yesterday is cool and I think the game looks great. I fear if I buy the base though it's going to be easy to justify "only 2-5 more models...." and I fear that path...

Yeah, I was sort of hoping that Shadespire would be playable with other Sigmar products, like WQ and Gorechosen, and that the stuff I'd already bought would be playable in Shadespire. It's not clear to me that that will be the case, which could be just what I'd need to hear to save my money on this one.

More
29 Sep 2017 13:46 - 29 Sep 2017 13:47 #255028 by Mr. White
well...I think the models are to scale so can be used as alternate figs for aos, whq, gorechosen, etc.

but.....

Danger! Danger!

I think the shadespire warbands come with aos warscrolls. We may not be able to resist.
:/
Last edit: 29 Sep 2017 13:47 by Mr. White.

More
29 Sep 2017 13:51 #255030 by ufe20
Yeah, don't have time to go looking, but pretty sure the Shadespire guys are getting warscrolls, at least digital ones. Now shadespire looks a little too fiddly for me to want to get into, like an FFG game with the card and chits everywhere, but warscrolls would probably get me to pick up a starter set or something.

More
29 Sep 2017 15:19 #255032 by Mr. White
I agree with the game looking like a cluttered ffg design, but i may not be able to resist the models. Particularly the 'ardboyz. These are far better than the currently available boyz for the Ironjawz.

More
29 Sep 2017 15:24 #255033 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic Let's Talk About Age of Sigmar
The way ufe is playing is how you're supposed to per rules. The way Mr. White is doing it is how it makes more sense to me. But you might run into an issue when the same unit is engaged to several enemy units.

I'm sort of drifting back to AoS these days. After weeks of painting tanks, I got half of Sigmarite Mausoleum at good price, just finished assembling&priming, can't wait to start painting. Really drawn to skirmish. I think my next project will be a skirmish warband, spending an evening or two on each figure. I like Death and maybe a warband around Tenebral Shard from Silver Tower.

More
29 Sep 2017 18:35 #255043 by Michael Barnes
I'd hold on Death...wait and see what comes out in November. Some of the core Death models are REALLY old timey. The skeletons are...a joke. And the Mortarchs are kind of crummy looking. I'm thinking they will do a pretty big release seeing as Death is a big part of the storyline and they've been barely touched since Nagash released.

Of course, I went on and put together some Death skirmish stuff ahead of that and I've been happy with it...but they do kind of lose something in skirmish due to the no summoning thing. I bet they change that up a bit.

I very slightly prefer the 40k rules, but I value the greater simplicity of AOS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Vlad

More
29 Sep 2017 20:45 #255050 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic Let's Talk About Age of Sigmar
Will heed your advice on deah.

I've heard nothing but good things about changes to AoS with the new General Handbook, like fixed profiles for pitched battles, and that is a more balanced game now than 40K. Which I have no idea about, because competitive play is something I never even got close to in AoS.

I really don't find it more simpler than 40K due to war-scrolls and, particularly, the way they are (not) edited. Haven't you noticed how mostly clear and to the point all abilities are in 40K as compared to AoS?

More
16 Feb 2018 13:15 #263757 by Mr. White
What does it mean?

More
16 Feb 2018 13:36 #263763 by Michael Barnes
Ha ha!

I’m sure th whole “Cthulhu Elves” talk has already started...

More
16 Feb 2018 14:06 - 16 Feb 2018 14:09 #263767 by Mr. White
No doubt.

I'm getting into the Malign Portents campaign. Cool stuff and the book is great. Worth it for the fluff alone as it summarizes the timeline and explains the Mortal Realms pretty well.

I've got some games lined up with local players where I'll be using my painted Bloodbound, but on the side will be painting up my FEC army and bringing those in for campaign points. GW is smart to allow campaign points for not just game, but hobby time. My mental narrative is that my ghoul king is mustering his forces during MP, but Bloodwulf and his Bloodskins are marching to war.
Last edit: 16 Feb 2018 14:09 by Mr. White.

More
16 Feb 2018 16:31 #263785 by Mr. White
From the same online poster who leaked info on the Daughter's of Khaine:

"This is an actual piece of scenery GW is going to sell, and that will have its own rules like the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. It's part of the entire Sea Aelves new range, which are absolutely stunning visually, will have tons of sea creatures to ride, one of which is MASSIVE, and unique high cost heroes with crazy design. Also forget about the Cthullu look, their design is closer to bad-ass Atlantean Spartans."

More
16 Feb 2018 18:19 #263790 by Michael Barnes
I was hoping to not hear any of the above.

$$$$

More
16 Feb 2018 23:20 #263809 by Gary Sax
I'd rather have fishmen to go with the lizardmen, but I guess that's copying warcraft.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.979 seconds