October 09, 2023
2292 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

Blood Bowl - Official Website Up

More
30 Nov 2016 18:18 #239514 by Michael Barnes
Forge World has shown two new Ref figures. One is a goblin, the other is a halfling...with a giant sandwich. They look great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2016 20:24 #239521 by stoic
Do the refs move around on the pitch and act as obstacles?

More
30 Nov 2016 21:01 #239525 by PavingMantis

Da Bid Dabid wrote: Does anyone who ordered from Doc's have any idea about when they will ship?

Was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if he does a shipping notice?

More
30 Nov 2016 21:15 #239526 by Michael Barnes
He does. It comes from Auctane. I got my notice today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Da Bid Dabid, PavingMantis

More
30 Nov 2016 21:58 #239528 by Space Ghost
How does Forge World work in relation to GW? I guess the future teams will be released through them?

Sorry, I find it a bit confusing....

More
30 Nov 2016 22:18 #239531 by Da Bid Dabid

Michael Barnes wrote: He does. It comes from Auctane. I got my notice today.

Just got mine as well. It's gonna be a Bloody Christmas.

More
30 Nov 2016 22:29 #239534 by barrowdown
Forge World is a separate division of GW that primarily produces resin components and figures. They ship from the main headquarters so the resin premium plus shipping can be quite high for the same type of component.

Basically, all of their BB stuff will be much higher priced than the GW plastics and will not have the possibility of discounts.

More
01 Dec 2016 13:55 #239574 by bendgar
Why oh why does it have to be resin?

More
03 Dec 2016 19:06 #239727 by Brewmiester
I looked and didn't see this posted before but if it was I apologize.

I was looking at the Laketown terrain on the GW site and noticed they have a winter theme BB pitch listed

Blood on the snow

They also have a new weather chart, I assume with more winter weather.

More
06 Dec 2016 12:17 #239944 by Dr. Lao
In a moment of impulsiveness I purchased the Blood on the Snow pitch with aspirations to paint up the human team from the base set in Chicago Bears colors and pay homage to The Black and Blue division.

Does anyone have some Chaos Dwarfs they would be looking to trade/sell? I am looking to finish up a team I started years back. Specifically I am looking for Two Bull Centaurs and Two Chaos Dwarf Linemen.

And I saw these rumors posted from:
www.thenaf.net/2016/12/jbone-comments-from-full-beard/

JBone has written down some stuff mentioned by GW at the Full Beard tournament:

-Plastic Goblins to be released with resin secret weapons. 2 new secret weapons hinted at. Goblins will also be available in a 4 pack for use with Orcs.

-Resin Bright Crusaders (lantern jawed heroic Humans) and Orcland Raiders (horned helmet, tough looking Orcs) conversion kits to be released.

-Troll & Ogre plastics to be released

-Halflings planned but date is not before middle of next year.

-WHW exclusive will be a new star. An Ogre kicker with a Halfling ball holder.

-Referees will be for a limited time (not quantity) with rules in White Dwarf

-New double-sided Dwarf / Skaven pitch to be released with optional ‘Subterranean events table’

-Most teams will be in resin due to production costs / amount of work involved. The team want to supply as much in plastic as possible but logistics are the issue.

-DZ1 teams in the pipeline are Elven Union & Nurgle

The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar

More
06 Dec 2016 12:46 #239946 by bendgar
Screw this convoluted crap. I'm a boardgamer who just wants to buy a full team or three and have them made from the same material. This is the second time I have realized the huge difference between boardgame and miniature distribution. Fool me twice and all that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

More
06 Dec 2016 14:46 #239952 by edulis
Actually ran some DEMO games of blood bowl, with my old 2002 edition board, at the local FLGS. Used halflings and undead since it was what I found laying around. I took the flings sans treeman and everyone seemed to dig it. Talk of a league is in the works and at least two people talked about buying the new game from the FLGS so win for everyone.

Man I would love to do a BB league again. Glad to see GW posted up the Teams of Legend, so I can use my Flings!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

More
07 Dec 2016 17:30 #240086 by wadenels

bendgar wrote: Screw this convoluted crap. I'm a boardgamer who just wants to buy a full team or three and have them made from the same material. This is the second time I have realized the huge difference between boardgame and miniature distribution. Fool me twice and all that.

I'm in the exact same boat which is why I got the game with no minis off eBay (thanks White!) to use my cardstock Elfball teams with. If I really get into BB I probably still won't try to piece together a whole team from GW offerings. It's easier to just get a complete team from another minis company that actually makes and releases full teams. I think the scale might be a little off though?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar, Gary Sax

More
07 Dec 2016 19:43 - 07 Dec 2016 20:29 #240091 by bendgar
Agreed. I am happy that I have the board, dice, rules and a couple basic teams to paint and learn to play. From here I probably print out the LRB and look for minis elsewhere.

I'm not angry. GW did a good job pulling me in with simple color-coded minis, I'm just too impatient and cheap to stay.

Quick question. What Living Rules are considered the best? I have a 54 page Competition Rules and a 87 page LRB6.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2016 20:29 by bendgar.

More
08 Dec 2016 01:51 #240110 by Space Ghost

edulis wrote: Actually ran some DEMO games of blood bowl, with my old 2002 edition board, at the local FLGS. Used halflings and undead since it was what I found laying around. I took the flings sans treeman and everyone seemed to dig it. Talk of a league is in the works and at least two people talked about buying the new game from the FLGS so win for everyone.

Man I would love to do a BB league again. Glad to see GW posted up the Teams of Legend, so I can use my Flings!

I found the Teams of Legend, but where do you go to access all of the GW resources that have been posted online.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds