October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

Blood Bowl - Official Website Up

More
08 Dec 2016 08:52 #240116 by Da Bid Dabid
Down at the bottom for BB. Plus they have an app that might have some stuff if you have tech that uses apps...

www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2016 11:19 #240132 by edulis
yeah it is not easy to find and there is not much posted. But it is at the bottom under downloads- roster sheets, errata and teams of legend.

More
08 Dec 2016 13:05 #240142 by jpat
I've had lifestyle games before but never the lifestyle, yet I always find myself drawn to them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar

More
08 Dec 2016 15:44 - 08 Dec 2016 16:26 #240148 by Mr. White
Got your rules right here .

LRB 6 is the rules and fluff. CRP is just the rules.

Wade, scale isn't an issue as this is square based game. BB teams usually range from 28-32mm. Again, not a game play issue, but some people do have personal preferences. Myself, I try to stick with 28mm because I already have several 28mm teams. I try to keep my collection uniform, but I'll play against someone if they have 32mm.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2016 16:26 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar

More
14 Dec 2016 03:00 #240511 by Space Ghost
Finally played my first game of Blood Bowl -- absolutely loved it. I was the Orcs and my buddy was Humans. He started off with a good pass and ran it down to the goal line with his catcher and then fumbled. I had a lineman pick it up and take it down to within a couple of his goal line as I had stunned almost all of his players.

Unfortunately, his blitzer caught my lumbering lineman and caused me to fumble, then his guys recovered and knocked out 4 of my dudes. He scored on a ridiculous last turn play in the half. We had to call it then due to time restrictions -- probably will play again next week.

I don't think anyone answered, but maybe it is obvious. Will they make separate models for the Star Players?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar, metalface13, Brewmiester

More
14 Dec 2016 06:54 - 14 Dec 2016 06:58 #240514 by sornars
I'm also incredibly confused about model purchasing.

Twelve models come in the box but you can have 16 models on the roster meaning I'm missing 4 models. Do I need to know what roster I plan to play before buying additional models ie. Maybe I want to run with 2 black orc blockers and 2 extra lineman some days, whereas on others I'd want 4 linemen?
In addition, I can also buy a star player who will replace one of my 16. This star player will require a unique model as well? When I look at third party teams they seem to come with 16 models only, do people do a lot of "count as" models in this game and use player numbers/the roster to clarify or is WYSIWYG enforced? Is there an ideal roster for each race that makes purchasing easier?
Last edit: 14 Dec 2016 06:58 by sornars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
14 Dec 2016 08:28 - 14 Dec 2016 08:44 #240518 by Mr. White
Here's how BB teams work:

* You can field 11 players of any combination at a time. Any more than that go in reserves.
* Your roster can never contain more than 16 players. (11 on the field, 5 ride the pine)
* The base game comes with two 12 player teams (meaning you'll be fielding 11 and have one in reserve).
* Each positional player (non-lineman and women) has a maximum number you can have on your roster.

So, even though a team can have up to 16 players, you don't _have_ to. I never take 16 to a tournament and seldom ever have a full 16 player roster in a league. Playing a team with a bunch of cheap players like goblins, haflings, or undead will likely be the only time I completely fill out a full roster of 16. Often during a league, I'm spending money on re-rolls, replacing dead players or those mangled too much to be worth a spot on the roster.

Some coaches only consider their team fully collected if they have 16 players. Some don't care. It's up to you. But not having 16 players doesn't mean you have 'less than'.

HOWEVER....here's where you may have less than. For the most part, positional players are better than lineman. They have better stats or skills. So, with an orc team example, you'll want to probably have up to your max number of Black Orc Blockers (4), Blitzers (4), Throwers(2), and Troll (1). That's 11 players right there and a stronger 11 than the starting 11 you can field from the box where you'll only be able to run 2 Black Orc Blockers, 2 Blitzers, and no Troll.

If you want to add more to your existing orc/human teams from the base box, there are many sellers on ebay selling out parts of the box set you can use to round out your team (ebay search: "Blood Bowl 2016 orc"). Or maybe split the contents of another box with a friend.

WYSIWYG...eh...it's up to you and your league/opponents. Most are cool using 'counts as' models. I'm a long time minis gamer, so part of the fun for me is making sure I have enough, and the right types, of models.

Will GW release models for Star Players? I believe that's the plan. There's a world of suitable models out there though if you don't want to wait. All the BB teams are available either through original, older GW models or the ever growing list of Indy teams.
Last edit: 14 Dec 2016 08:44 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar, sornars

More
14 Dec 2016 08:35 #240519 by Dr. Lao
No one knows for sure what the future holds for releases. What we do know is that the Dwarfs are in the pipe likely to release next month (my guess, and info from Jan's WD should start leaking in the next week and a half or so to confirm or not). On the BB Facebook page one of the GW reps said that the plan is to make team sets in plastic if there is enough demand.

For positional players and linemen, if the team is released in plastic it would likely just make more sense to buy another plastic set. If you are familiar with GW pricing, few minis are available for less than $10, many in the $20 range and some upwards of $30...For one mini. So it might just make more sense to get a second team box and have all options covered. I also suspect that like Calth, the teams from the Orcs and Humans will be released soon on their own.

For Star Players the common belief is that they will come Forgeworld. I hope that is not the case as the Ref minis are $25 shipped to my door. Making the Star Players, which will be more complex minis, fall around there or more (plus FW isn't available in GW shops). My hope is that they will release a box, much like the Mighty Heroes for Silver Tower, combining a few Star Players as this would be a discount to GW's pricing structure. That said though, in reality I rarely see Star Players used and rarely use them myself. In a League it makes more sense to build up your own players tailored to fit your team and your team's strategy and play style rather than fitting in an expensive player that you can't advance and will steal Star Player Points from your own players.

As far as starting teams, I found www.bbtactics.com to be a great site to give you guidance on team construction and what to do with them when progressing through a league.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

More
14 Dec 2016 11:26 #240555 by Gary Sax
You guys are totally moving me towards buying this. But then I'd have to construct and paint it...

More
14 Dec 2016 11:55 #240561 by Michael Barnes
Building these took less than an hour. They are snap fit, you don't have to use glue. And they are molded in different colors.

More
14 Dec 2016 12:00 #240564 by metalface13
Yeah, I think GW failed it's Bonehead roll on the plan for releasing teams and star players. All the teams should be in plastic and they really should have had a whole bucket of teams on sale from launch. There are new players all over confused on how to fill out their teams, if any more teams are coming, etc. They risk momentum dying down with players impatient for dwarves, elves, dark elves, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar, Gary Sax, birdman37, Unicron

More
14 Dec 2016 17:17 #240611 by bendgar
I am at the point where I check this thread and thank Mr White before I even read what he typed. I haven't been wrong yet.

More
27 Jan 2017 00:30 #243115 by BlackGoat
Man, I've fallen hard for Blood Bowl. We started a 5 player league with friends, and my spare time I spend watching BB youtube videos, or playing the Blood Bowl 2 videogame (also amazing).

Now, I hate painting minis. Just as much as I hate ugly unpainted plastic minis. Which is why I bought a bunch of lego-like figurines from Aliexpress (aka cheap knockoff lego minis) and use them for my teams. Each mini costs less than 1 dollar, shipped. I love them. I've ordered LOTR elf minis to make an elf team, and wookies and uruk-hai to make a Chaos team.

Here is a pic of a game with a friend that uses lego for his Amazon team, and my elf team.
Attachments:

More
27 Jan 2017 08:27 #243125 by the_jake_1973
I'm thinking about getting back into the TT with the new edition, but I'm not keen on the rule changes. There ill be a local league starting up, but not structured as a season. I'll likely just stick to the BB2 video game.

More
27 Jan 2017 11:07 #243143 by metalface13

BlackGoat wrote: Man, I've fallen hard for Blood Bowl. We started a 5 player league with friends, and my spare time I spend watching BB youtube videos, or playing the Blood Bowl 2 videogame (also amazing).

Now, I hate painting minis. Just as much as I hate ugly unpainted plastic minis. Which is why I bought a bunch of lego-like figurines from Aliexpress (aka cheap knockoff lego minis) and use them for my teams. Each mini costs less than 1 dollar, shipped. I love them. I've ordered LOTR elf minis to make an elf team, and wookies and uruk-hai to make a Chaos team.

Here is a pic of a game with a friend that uses lego for his Amazon team, and my elf team.

I've wanted to make Lego BB teams for a while. But, get those weapons out of their hands, this is a sportsgame! :)

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds