October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

Ebay Fraud Alert- Counterfit GW Seller!

More
12 May 2017 19:56 #248246 by Michael Barnes
So I just got my Dire Avengers in the mail...I knew they were off sprue and out of box, that's fine- I've bought plenty of stuff like that. However, I noticed right away that the plastic was REALLY shitty. The sprue bits that were still attached were flaky and obviously badly molded. The parts were connected to the sprues in weird, very not-GW ways- like the crests of the helms were connected lengthwise across the top in such a way that you can't really clip them off. But the plastic is so brittle that everything just breaks anyway.

So then I looked at the feedback, which I should have done to begin with, and saw that this person is selling...plastic Sisters of Battle, for example. And there were numerous complaints about getting counterfeit product. So yeah, maybe don't buy from this clown.

Anna Kugler (biggooseman99)
Joe Giese
315 E 55th st Unit B
Westmont, IL 60559
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brewmiester

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2017 20:19 #248247 by Colorcrayons
You could report them to eBay and get a refund.
They are fairly proactive against that type of thing.
Also, report them to gw. You have to send them a model, but they will also refund you what you spent on the product too
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes

More
12 May 2017 20:29 #248250 by SuperflyPete
Counterfeit (Editor In Chief)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
12 May 2017 22:02 #248253 by Michael Barnes
I'm off duty. Letting my hair down. Seeing how the other half lives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, SuperflyPete

More
15 May 2017 16:13 - 15 May 2017 16:37 #248364 by Michael Barnes
Hoo boy. This was fun.

I asked the guy for a refund, I said "hey, you didn't state that these were recasts, I'd like to send you these back and get a full refund. He comes back with "well, it clearly said they were resin, I deal with people all the time who can't read. I will take them back for a restocking fee minus however much damage has been done to the miniatures". Which were practically CRUMBLING in my hands. After I sent it, I checked the listing and he had changed it! It had a tiny fine print line about the models being resin. Even though it still said plainly "Games Workshop" all over it and had images of the actual box. I respond "no, that's not going to work- you sold me illegal, fraudulent product that was misrepresented and you changed the listing after I complained- I've gone ahead and reported you to eBay and Games Workshop". So this guy emails me back and forth on Saturday, telling me that I am "harassing him"/ He calls me a "crybaby" and goes on about how he always has to deal with this. I said "I bet you do, because you are misrepresenting what you are selling and that pisses people off". On Saturday, dude got like three negative feedbacks from people buying Death Korps of Krieg sets from him- pissed because they are fakes. He says he's going to report me to ebay, to which I respond, "friend, I'm not the one selling illegal products and violating eBay's TOS." He says "what I am doing that's so illegal, I'm just buying and reselling these". I say "that's cool man, we can let GW's IP lawyers decide whether that is illegal or not".

So I go right on ahead and email GW's infringement desk and call eBay, who tell me plainly "you'll get the refund, don't worry". So at this point it's all my game anyway. I email the guy again and I say "look, you can either act like a reputable seller and give me my money back in its entirety or we can wait until eBay takes it from you and you look even more like a crook when they go to review your account." He comes back- "Is all this worth $24.50?" and I respond "I could care less about the refund to be honest, I'm more worried about folks getting ripped off. YOU need to decide if this is worth $24.50".

I could practically feel him collapsing. He comes back with "If I give you a full refund will you email GW and tell them that you were mistaken and that it is all resolved now?"

And of course, I reply "You are in no position to negotiate here. I am under no obligation to do so."

At this point, based on the things he had emailed I could kind of tell that this is probably a kid so I felt at least a TEENY bit merciful. I told him that I would back off, tell eBay that we were straight, and let it alone as much as I could even though GW was already alerted...IF he would go in and change all of his listings to clearly state that they were recasts and not GW products. HE DID. I couldn't believe it. I felt like such an adult. So he gave me my money back.

But not before I got a message from a GW lawyer that they are reviewing his posts because the reselling is just as illegal as the recasting...ruh roh! I ACTUALLY CALLED IN THE GW LEGAL DROP PODS ON SOMEONE!

Anyway, the funniest part of all of this is the dude gave me a negative feedback early on when he was all puffed up and not deflated yet...well, he tried to at least. He actually gave me a POSITIVE feedback with ugly comments in it.

Legit Dire Avengers on the way from BitsBoys, a reputable seller. The end.
Last edit: 15 May 2017 16:37 by Michael Barnes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, stormseeker75

More
15 May 2017 16:19 #248365 by stormseeker75
Crooks is crooks, no matter how old. Fuck him. Good job taking the high road on all of it. You did the right thing.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.738 seconds