October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about collectible card here.

Hearthstone Players!

More
13 Jul 2014 14:26 #182147 by QPCloudy
Replied by QPCloudy on topic Re: Hearthstone Questions
Awesome. Can't wait to get home and try some Arena and ranked. I've already been given an allotment of time by my wife for gameplay, lol.

That was fun last night! Can't wait to play again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2014 17:07 #182153 by engelstein
I'm GameTekGuy #1675.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QPCloudy

More
14 Jul 2014 00:14 #182177 by QPCloudy
My first ranked match was soooo close. I go seriously lucky.

More
14 Jul 2014 15:59 #182223 by Black Barney
You can make a decent Mage deck at this point in RANKED. Try that but focus your efforts on first beating everyone in PRACTICE mode on regular and then expert.

In ARENA, you'll get cards to upgrade your decks. YOu should keep doing ARENA until you run out of gold and then go to RANKED until you make level 20 and then back to ARENA, baby.

Drafting tips? Mage and Paladin are much better choices than the rest. If you get offered one of those, pick them.

You want to make the best choices available all the time and then eventually looking to your curve and combos after you've drafted several cards.

As a quick example, here are some AMAZING commons you should be drafting:

- Chillwind Yeti, this guy is a total beast for 4 mana
- Dark Iron Dwarf, same. Even tho he's been nerfed, who cares, he's still amazing
- Harvest Golem - my buddy Dom who won a big tournament has this as one of his favourite cards. It's unreal in terms of value.
- Shattered Sun Cleric, much like the Dark Iron Dwarf, it's amazing how easily these guys let you trade up
- Acidic Swamp Ooze - even without the ability, it's still above average. With the ability, you can really hurt Paladins, Rogues and Warriors
- Silver Hand Knight - love this guy
- Venture Co Mercenary - great cost, easy to use properly
- Scarlet Crusader - awful against Mage, great against everybody else
- Boulderfist Ogre (see earlier suggestions on what makes a good draft card)
- Gnomist Inventor - great
- Earthern Ring Farseer - love it
- Sen'jin Shieldmasta
- Cult Master (so easy to abuse)
- Stormwind Champion
- Worgen Infiltrator (maybe my favourite 1 drop)

And those are just neutral commons! Mastering picking those is important since most of your picks are in and around them. Sometimes some of the classes have their own commons that will get thrown in there and some of them are MUCH better than those (Paladin's Truesilver Champion and Consecreation) but many are FAR worse (Eye for an Eye)

More
09 Aug 2014 22:33 #184452 by Not Sure
Replied by Not Sure on topic Re: Hearthstone Questions
So I've been playing this again over the last week or so, after the Naxxrammas thing came out.

It's fun way to waste time, but like every collectible game (even for in-game ducats) I just hate the 'open your wallet, sucker' feel.

I suppose I should get better at drafting, because that seems to be the quick way up. I can put together a passable constructed deck of almost anything, it seems, but then I'll just get blown away every other game by someone whose deck is full of awesome stuff they built/opened. My draft is still pretty iffy, but I put together a mostly decent one today.

Part of my issue is that I can't decide which classes I do or don't want to play in constructed, so I haven't burned a classes cards to craft the other stuff I want.

More
10 Aug 2014 05:27 #184465 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: Hearthstone Questions
This is one of those things that I ended up playing intensely for about a week and then never played again.

More
10 Aug 2014 10:37 #184471 by Black Barney
same, except it was a month for me. I can't find a reason to play this over Magic. Once I ran out of gold to play drafts, that was that for me. You can't even construct a good enough deck until you get really far. The new single-player stuff feels like a big money grab, it's sort of fun but those opponents are super tough with just the cards we have so far. Crafting is a pretty big rip off unless a card has been tweaked.

I just prefer Magic 2015 by a really big margin.

More
10 Aug 2014 12:18 - 10 Aug 2014 12:18 #184473 by luckyb0y
Replied by luckyb0y on topic Re: Hearthstone Questions
Never spent any money on it and only crafted one common card and I only have a few legendaries (most not considered that good) but I regularly get to lower teen rank each season and I've beaten all heroic bosses from first 2 quarters. Still haven't played the 3rd quarter, maybe later today. Heroic bosses are more puzzles than opponents. They are so dumb you just need to find a weakness and exploit it. They never adapt their strategy and often ignore your minions, use their ability whether it actually harms them or not and walk right into your traps all the time. As for Hearthstone vs Magic I guess the appeal for me is I can actually comprehend the card library and know when to expect cards getting played. Another thing is Hearthstone is super quick, 10-15 minutes tops for really drawn out games, most of the time it doesn’t exceed 5. Also the fact that audio-visual side is really polished doesn’t hurt either.
Last edit: 10 Aug 2014 12:18 by luckyb0y.

More
22 Oct 2014 13:17 #189096 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re: Hearthstone Questions
Totally digging this game. jeblucas#1574* on there, for friendinating. I got the hookup from a friend and got Naxx for free. But even without that, I love the model. The free client is worth getting, and comes with enough cards to goof around and play. It also cleans up the trading of MODO, which is a fucking shitpile of bots and nonsense; and runs on Macs and iPads.

It plays faster than Magic (Attacker chooses target is way more aggressive). Arena is really fun once you have a certain comfort level, and the anxiety for trying to get back to even is awesome (~6 wins gets you back to even).

If folks are still playing, help me figure how to beat some of these Heroic motherfuckers. I am like 1 for 20.

*Does the #1574 matter? Is that a secret pin and now you can all impersonate me and grind my cards to dust?

More
22 Oct 2014 13:43 #189098 by QPCloudy
I think the pin DOES matter. I haven't been on in a long time because I've been working 60+ hour weeks. At least I'm getting paid! I'll jump on after work this evening about 8:30pm est. On lunch right now.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds