October 09, 2023
2490 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2689 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about collectible card here.

Hearthstone Players!

More
01 Dec 2016 13:27 #239572 by Wetworks
Replied by Wetworks on topic Hearthstone Players!
Heads up to those about to purchase packs,

There might be a bug which increases the chance of getting tri-class cards which will water down your odds of getting other cards. Might be best to wait for an official response before purchasing and opening packs.

I already opened 72 packs and only got 2 legendaries, Madam Goya and Shaku the Collector.
The following user(s) said Thank You: airmarkus, Mantidman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2016 13:53 #239573 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Hearthstone Players!
I can believe that--I have gotten about 9 of the Grimestreet 2/3 guy in ~30 packs. That seems to way overshoot. I'll hold off on the balance of my packs then. Sucks.

Got Karakus though, and a single pack with Drakonid and Golden Drakonid. ;)

More
01 Dec 2016 15:10 #239578 by airmarkus
Replied by airmarkus on topic Hearthstone Players!
Darn, I wish I had seen that before I went to lunch. I bought and opened about 40 packs from gold I'd been saving and got a lot of tri-class cards. I can't complain too much though since I got two Legendaries, Kazakus and Aya Blackpaw. I haven't been following the game as much lately so I don't know much about Aya's Jade Golems but Kazakus seems really cool from the things I've seen.

More
01 Dec 2016 19:31 #239605 by Hex Sinister
Replied by Hex Sinister on topic Hearthstone Players!
They need to have a fucking bug that increases the chance of getting legendaries. My ritual of swirling the packs around in a circle before dropping them in the hole isn't working. At least I didn't open my packs yet.

More
01 Dec 2016 19:48 - 01 Dec 2016 20:25 #239609 by jeb
Safe to open packs now, and they will compensate (generously) the folks that were affected:

Any player on the Americas server who opened Mean Streets of Gadgetzan packs before 2:30PM PST will receive additional Mean Streets of Gadgetzan packs as compensation. The affected players will receive 33% of the total amount of Gadgetzan packs opened before 2:30PM PST, rounded up, to a minimum of one, regardless if the player acquired packs through gold, Quests, or real money. Since cards are generated upon pack opening and not pack purchase, packs purchased before the hotfix but opened after the hotfix will not experience this bug and will not be a part of the compensation roll out.

Going back in for my last 40...

OK, results are in! 76 packs total. All gold and Quests. Feels nice.
I got Kazakus...TWICE, as my Legendaries. Oh well. Before melting down excess goldens, I have 2150 dust. Here's the stuff I feel like I am missing:
Rares
2x Jade Idol
1x Dispatch Kodo
1x Potion of Polymorph (maaaaybe. I need this far less than the others)

Epics
2x Pilfered Power
2x Rat Pack
2x Small-Time Recruits
2x Mana Geode
2x Dragonfire Potion
1x Burgle Bully

...and lots of interesting, playable Legendaries. 10 Total, led by Patches the Pirate and Hobart Grapplehammer.

So for the Rares and Epics, I'll need 4800 dust to fill them out. I have 2900 Dust after melting the extra Goldens. I have four more packs inbound from the Quests, so maybe I'll score some there. I have some piping hot garbage too, including Golden Finders Keepers, the Worst Card Of The Set®.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2016 20:25 by jeb.

More
01 Dec 2016 19:51 #239610 by Hex Sinister
Replied by Hex Sinister on topic Hearthstone Players!
Hey, that's pretty cool. Good luck, guys!

More
01 Dec 2016 20:45 - 01 Dec 2016 22:51 #239615 by SebastianBludd
Replied by SebastianBludd on topic Hearthstone Players!
I've been playing my pre-MSG decks to complete the gang quests, with mixed results. My Deathrattle Hunter ran into some newbs on the ladder around Rank 23 so that wasn't so bad, but when I switched to casual with my crappy Beast Druid...well, that took a little longer.

But the surprise was how well my N'Zoth Karazhan Priest deck did against a Golem Druid deck (sample size = 1). My Shades each stole the summon-or-shuffle spell (I shuffled them in, of course), and I Thoughtstole one, as well. My opponent's ramping let me play a relatively uncontested Cairne on Turn 6, he killed it, and after that it was Resurrect, Resurrect and Bishop for my next couple of turns. He eventually got up to a 9/9 Golem on the board but not before I was able to drop N'Zoth and 3 Shades, closing out the game. Yeah, I got some good draws (Cairne plus three resurrections was great), but I didn't draw all that great (late game Injured Blademaster isn't amazing) and I thought it went fairly well.

Now off to open some packs.

Edit: Just finished opening 56 packs (with 2 more coming with a quest completion tomorrow) and I got two Legendaries: Madam Goya and Sergeant Sally. Goya looks like a niche card in control decks and I love the art on Sally. She might fit in Warlock decks but she has all the looks of a card I'll tinker with and abandon after it proves too inconsistent (but you bet I'm going to try it in a Paladin goon buff deck...).

I crafted the rest of my commons (except for Worgen Greaser which, by some miracle, I got none of) and a Dispatch Kodo, but otherwise I'm holding off on the rest of my rares until the meta shakes out.

As far as Epics go, the card pack algorithm must have heard me talking shit about Meanstreet Marshal because I got two of the damn things, as well as a Piranha Launcher, 2x Lotus Assassin (continuing the trend of me pulling rare cards for my least-liked class, Rogue) and a Leatherclad Hogleader. I got one each of Kabal Trafficker (looks like a fun RNG card), Brass Knuckles (maybe good with Grapplehammer, maybe) and one Pilfered Power (yay!). The only other Epic of note was 2x Sleep with the Fishes, but I worry that it's too conditional and I wouldn't be surprised if most decks that run it - if they do at all - only include one.

I got zero Small Time Recruits, Mana Geodes and several of the potions, but I'm content to tinker for a while before I use any of the 10K dust I've hoarded.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2016 22:51 by SebastianBludd.

More
01 Dec 2016 22:21 #239617 by Wetworks
Replied by Wetworks on topic Hearthstone Players!
I opened up my 24 complementary packs and got 2 more legendaries. A golden Shaku the Collector and a Patches the Pirate. I have about 27k dust, half of which I got from their last batch of nerfs (ancient of lore, call of the wild, etc..)

I'm going to wait a while to see which legendaries become must craft before spending some dust. Not sure if I'll d/e the golden Shaku even though he probably won't be used in any viable deck. It seems they might try to force stealth rogue as a mechanic in future expansions.

More
01 Dec 2016 23:57 #239623 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Hearthstone Players!
I haven't been playing, so I didn't have much gold, but I got six packs with it and got jack-all. Then I played through the quests and got the six free packs and did likewise. I ended up with two epics out of 12 packs. That's it. There was one gold rare and one gold common, too.

I played Aggro Paladin for the first quest and rolled through everyone I faced. Then I played a mix of Totem Shaman and Evolve Shaman to finish the second one. I went 3-2, since everyone is still tuned against Shaman decks. I did face an unusual Warrior deck that was using Daring Reporter. He dropped her after I had two Mana Tide totems on the board and she grew to 11 attack before I drew a Hex and took her out. Then I did the last quest with Kibler's Resurrect Priest and had zero problem against the swarming Hunters. Turn 3 Blademaster. He hits it with the bow. Turn 4: Resurrect, Resurrect. I did face one Jade Druid deck, but he dumped his hand ridiculously fast in trying to get Golems on the board. He only got to a 3/3 before he had no cards in hand and I had 5. One EE later and he conceded. Was OK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
02 Dec 2016 01:03 #239625 by jeb
So, they fixed that problem. Logged back in and I had 14 extra packs. Thanks, Blizzard. Got Patches, a Rat Pack and Dragonfire Portion in them too!

Finished my quests, and crafted 2 Jade Idols and 1 Dispatch Kodo. Only thing really tempting is 2x Mana Geode and another Rat Pack.

Jade Druid is pretty cool, guys. I got a Fandral out he couldn't kill and ... yeah. 5/5, 6/6, and 7/7, with 9 more Idols in the mix there? That's... that's OK. My Pirate Rogue could be better, but it is weird. There's like, too much synergy. It's hard for me to keep track of what's the best play order. This happens to me with every Rogue deck, I should be used to it by now.

Best deck, though, is Shadow Dragon Reno Priest because you can play Drakonid Operative and nothing is better than Drakonid Operative. It's like Sylvanas/Ragnaros power level. That card is amazing. Let's not forget KAZAKUS. I was getting low against Zoo--but it's cool, my man K cooked me up a deal 5 dmg/gain 7 armor and we stabilized everything.

More
02 Dec 2016 04:12 - 02 Dec 2016 04:13 #239629 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Hearthstone Players!

jeb wrote: Any player on the Americas server who opened Mean Streets of Gadgetzan packs before 2:30PM PST will receive additional Mean Streets of Gadgetzan packs as compensation. The affected players will receive 33% of the total amount of Gadgetzan packs opened before 2:30PM PST, rounded up, to a minimum of one, regardless if the player acquired packs through gold, Quests, or real money.

Wow! I wish I'd been on the US Server and had the chance to open 50 bugged packs and then another bunch of free un-bugged ones 0_o
Last edit: 02 Dec 2016 04:13 by Matt Thrower.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Not Sure

More
02 Dec 2016 09:21 #239642 by Mantidman
Replied by Mantidman on topic Hearthstone Players!
Woke up to 17 packs! Thank you Blizzard.

4 Legendaries!
Patches the Pirate
Kun the Forgotten King
a golden Kazakus
Madam Goya

Looking forward to some games this weekend.

More
02 Dec 2016 09:42 - 02 Dec 2016 10:25 #239647 by Jexik
Replied by Jexik on topic Hearthstone Players!
I blew 1k gold on a heroic brawl. I think that was the whole point- get people to spend all of their gold right before a new set drops, and I fell right into Blizzard's trap. I went 3-3 with my aggro pirate deck I kept talking about before. I think I only got like 5 packs, and they were WotG's which weren't that valuable to me anymore.

So I only had around 1k gold when this started. I've bought around 6 packs and started an Arena run when it came time to win with the Cabal. I only drew Priest out of those 3, and I'm 3-2 now, after starting 1-2. I made a gamble and made my deck super-late game. We'll see how I do. I tried two of the new 4cc 3/3 random potion lady, and I've got 2x temple enforcer and 2x holy nova. It might not be terrible.

Edit: Went 5-3. I lost a game because I should have held onto my Entomb to see what Dragon my opponent discovered. It was Deathwing. GG.

In general, cards that Discover are quite good in Arena, because they allow you to not only get access to a card that could be very good for your situation, but you can also potentially get cards that are higher quality than what you'd typically have in Arena. Journey Below for Rogue for example is excellent, imo.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2016 10:25 by Jexik.

More
02 Dec 2016 09:49 #239648 by engelstein
Replied by engelstein on topic Hearthstone Players!
Been saving gold, so I opened about 60 packs, and then got 21 free packs.

Ended up with five legendaries - 1 gold, but two were dupes:

Aya Blackpaw (twice!)
Madame Goya
Golden Finja
Hobart Grapplehammer

I modified my deathrattle Hunter deck to add some of the new goodies, which worked OK - still needs to be tuned. Then I switched to a Jade Druid deck for the next gang quests, since I have Aya. It was fun, but not dominant, although I'm sure I was making bad decisions. Highlight was when I used the Discover a Druid/Rogue/Shaman card and got the Rogue card that drops the cost of all non-Rogue cards in your hand by 2. A very nice card to have when you're playing Druid!

Then for the final gang quest I made a Dragon Priest deck (with only one Dragonfire potion since that's what I got) - and it just DEMOLISHED people in the three games I played with it. Not even close. Drakonid Operative is really good, and Dragonfire is a great board clear. And Book Wyrm continues to be a solid performer.

I may have to play with that deck to ladder this month. Drakonid Operative is great.

More
04 Dec 2016 13:19 #239757 by Not Sure
Replied by Not Sure on topic Hearthstone Players!
Huh. Being at a conference and otherwise occupied meant I didn't get around to buying packs until later.

Then I see that "our extra-fucked RNG has been replaced by our regular fucked RNG, have a bunch of free packs, unless you slept through it, then sorry."

That's some bullshit. Until they stop giving out two of the same fucking common in the same pack, I feel fucking jacked. I got a nice poker hand of two pair in a pack yesterday. Where's my free shit? Didn't think so.

Doesn't matter, the devs can't make up their mind in this game anyway. Clearly we're back to aggro on this release, so at least the games will be short. Sadly, that will make the "Play 50 Class cards" take 10 games to finish when they're all over on T6.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.739 seconds