October 09, 2023
2491 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2694 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about collectible card here.

Hearthstone Players!

More
06 Apr 2017 19:03 #246089 by Hex Sinister
Replied by Hex Sinister on topic Hearthstone Players!
Ungoro report:
85 packs
4(!) legendary.
10 epic
Man, I got the worst luck when it comes to Legendaries. My forte is getting dupes of shit-assed purples. Ya know, the kind you wouldn't use ONE of. Only got one quest card (druid) and I got Random Elise. Fuck.

Slammed together the pre-built Druid quest deck with some substitutions. Some pretty cool cards there. The one that gives +1/+1 then armor = attack value is kind of neat. Stack of big armor for 1 cost. Dropping fat ass dinos for 0 mana is also fun. Overall, having a good time. It's SO nice to not play against the same old shit for a day.

Oh, that Warrior quest weapon is dope. Got to craft that one. Got my face nuked hard!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2017 19:25 #246090 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Hearthstone Players!
You guys are taking all my pack luck. I have opened 8 so far and 6 of them were the minimal 1 Rare + 4 Commons. Another was 1 Epic, 4 Commons and my juiciest one was 1 Epic, 1 Rare, 3 Commons. Blarg. I have 42 to go once I get home this evening. It may all be moot though, I have ~6400 dust, so I can craft up a lot of cool shit.

What are you all searching for? I want the Warrior and Hunter Quests, for sure. I'll craft these if I miss them in packs.
Next tier of Legendary wants is Elise, The Voraxx, Umbra, and Priest, Mage, and Warlock Quests. Those I am willing to wait for.

Epics, I want Bittertide Hydras, Curious Glimmeroots, Biteweeds, a Dinomancy and two Stampedes.
Next layer there is Primalfin Champion, Shadow Visions, Primordial Glyphs, Gentle Megasaurs, a Stone Sentinel, and Primordial Drakes.

More
06 Apr 2017 20:23 #246091 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Hearthstone Players!
I opened 18 packs and got a Lost Kalediosaur, which was kind of cool, and a few random epics. Me being me, I'm trying to meld it into something that involves Recruits, many spell buffs, and Sunwalker Tarim. I put together the Shaman Elemental deck and... I'm kinda "meh" on it. It's interesting, but just not that thrilling. The "if you played an elemental" effects are decent, but seem to suffer badly against most board clears and aggro. Fire Elemental still seems too slow for the meta. I've run into Hunter and Mage quest decks and can handle the latter but am having trouble dealing with turn 6 quest completion by Hunters. I actually went back to load in more AoE, so now it's a serious control deck that, of course, has problem with the Mage quest.

I actually had the most fun completing my "3 wins with Warlock" daily by just putting together the prefab demon deck that they have which doesn't really use any Un'Goro cards. Works pretty well and I can even endure the discard. Wasn't really interested in trying to go full Monty and spend the dust on Zavax, though. I realize that I completely misinterpreted Molten Blade as transforming while you've equipped it, rather than in your hand. It's, uh, much better than I thought. Still not making a Taunt deck.

More
06 Apr 2017 20:34 #246093 by Wetworks
Replied by Wetworks on topic Hearthstone Players!
I had bad luck with my packs, opened 39 with gold and only received 1 legendary (Shaman quest) on the 38th pack. I have 33k dust so I'll be able to craft what I want but this was the first expansion where I felt I had bad luck. Probably due to opening so few packs, usually I'm able to save enough gold for 70-90 packs but I was expecting this rotation to be an adventure instead of an expansion.

More
06 Apr 2017 22:52 #246097 by Brewmiester
Replied by Brewmiester on topic Hearthstone Players!
69 packs, 4 legendary and 13 epics. King Mosh, Marsh Queen, and 2 X Unite the Murlocs.

More
06 Apr 2017 22:56 #246098 by jeb
After dusting the extras and a couple excess Goldens, I had the dust to compile all my highly wanted cards, and I still have 3200 left over, so I am looking at the balance of Legendaries to see what I want next. Probably going to be Priest and Mage Quests, but like I said, I can wait. As pulls, I got two Legendaries in 50 packs (Fire Plume's Heart and Ozruk.)

My Commons were such a mess though. I had 9+ Stormwatcher and ZERO Grievous Bites. I had to craft both Stonehill Defenders too.

More
07 Apr 2017 00:27 #246100 by rocketkiwi
Replied by rocketkiwi on topic Hearthstone Players!
I opened the 9 or so packs I got for free from Tavern Brawls/Daily Login/Release and ended up with one legendary, the Warlock quest. In gold. It's anything I want to be, I guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
07 Apr 2017 00:38 - 07 Apr 2017 00:39 #246103 by SebastianBludd
Replied by SebastianBludd on topic Hearthstone Players!
I ended up with 82 total packs to open: 8 free and 74 from gold. I had really good luck and pulled 6 legendaries, including a crazy run where I opened 4 in 15 packs, and 2 of those were in back-to-back packs. They were: Sunkeeper Tarim, Ozruk, Spiritsinger Umbra, Elise, Sherazin and Fire Plume's Heart. I also got 14 epics: Giant Anaconda, Dinomancy, Primalfin Champion, Biteweed (x2), Bloodbloom, Chittering Tunneler (x2), Sudden Genesis, Bittertide Hydra, Charged Devilsaur, Primordial Drake, golden Living Mana, and golden Meteor.

I really wanted Umbra, Fire Plume's Heart, Biteweed, and Dinomancy, and Jackwraith tells me that Primalfin is pretty good, too, so I'm glad I'll only have to craft one of them.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2017 00:39 by SebastianBludd.

More
07 Apr 2017 04:20 #246106 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Hearthstone Players!
Where do I apply for my free "I Opened 50 Journey To Un'Goro Packs and All I Got Was the Worst Legendary In the Set" t-shirt?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
07 Apr 2017 09:37 #246114 by Jackwraith

SebastianBludd wrote: I ended up with 82 total packs to open: 8 free and 74 from gold. I had really good luck and pulled 6 legendaries, including a crazy run where I opened 4 in 15 packs, and 2 of those were in back-to-back packs. They were: Sunkeeper Tarim, Ozruk, Spiritsinger Umbra, Elise, Sherazin and Fire Plume's Heart. I also got 14 epics: Giant Anaconda, Dinomancy, Primalfin Champion, Biteweed (x2), Bloodbloom, Chittering Tunneler (x2), Sudden Genesis, Bittertide Hydra, Charged Devilsaur, Primordial Drake, golden Living Mana, and golden Meteor.

I really wanted Umbra, Fire Plume's Heart, Biteweed, and Dinomancy, and Jackwraith tells me that Primalfin is pretty good, too, so I'm glad I'll only have to craft one of them.

Primalfin is godlike if you're doing the Paladin quest. He's pretty decent in straight Murloc decks, too, if you're using any buffs, especially for his 1/2 statline. I got wrecked by a Priest quest deck with Umbra last night, so perhaps just ignore anything strategic I have to say from here on out. This is where Spawn of N'Zoth suddenly looks like a decent card.

More
07 Apr 2017 10:14 - 07 Apr 2017 10:16 #246116 by MacDirk Diggler
I opened 130ish packs. I preordered 50. 4 Legendaries and almost complete set of common, rares, crafted 2 copies of epic primordial glyph which pro players will tell you is one of the best mage cards in the set. Didn't get a single quest, so I crafted Warlock, Mage and Warrior so far.
It's only one day into the thing and I have seen a small sample size.... but I think the quests are not balanced...and where I am playing at rank 15 everyone is playing quests. In like 25 games, maybe 2 were against people not running quests. Ya sure, pirate warrior and jade Druid took a hit, but the Rogue quest... Maybe the people I played against got lucky with it but they complete it turn 6 then play Moroes and charge pirates. Freeze mage is not dead at all, The mage quest is just another iteration of freeze mage. They stall you out and then cast multiple Sorcerers Apprenti (plural of apprentice?) which can be three since there is a card that copies minion. Then take their second turn with Archmage Tony and 1 cost Fireballls to your face. The Warlock quest sucks. DO NOT GET IT. It is not a win condition. When I have completed it, I don't need it. I have a full board. It's nice it buffs northshire councilman and knife juggler, but I can take it out and play another one cost card and not miss it.

So ya, if completely changing the game and the meta was their goal with the expansion, then it's a smashing success. But the quests are so dominating deck builds so far I can see where the game will get staler faster than ever. I am concerned they wrecked the game for me. Rogue quest is BROKEN. Saw Thijs playing at high legend his questing rogue against another high legend questing rogue. Tier 1 for sure
Last edit: 07 Apr 2017 10:16 by MacDirk Diggler.

More
07 Apr 2017 10:31 #246120 by SebastianBludd
Replied by SebastianBludd on topic Hearthstone Players!

Jackwraith wrote: I got wrecked by a Priest quest deck with Umbra last night, so perhaps just ignore anything strategic I have to say from here on out. This is where Spawn of N'Zoth suddenly looks like a decent card.

Really? What was the Priest's win condition? Looking at the Priest cards I was struggling to see what they would do after quest completion.

More
07 Apr 2017 10:45 #246122 by jeb
I feel bad I didn't get to the other classes in term of the meta shifts. Oh well.

Hey, look at this card: Rockpool Hunter (2/3 Common Murloc for 2, 'Battlecry: Give a friendly Murloc +1/+1.') This card is amazing. 2 mana 2/3's are decent stats, and it buffs your 1-mana Murloc into a 3/2! Even works on the Coin against Druids/Mages, who have traditionally ruined Murloc starts with their Hero powers, as you can Coin out Tidehunter and his buddy and still develop the board turn 2. Right up there with Grievous Bite for best Common.

More
07 Apr 2017 11:22 - 07 Apr 2017 11:25 #246129 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Hearthstone Players!
I got much luckier with my gold purchased Un'Goro packs. Above average return of Legendaries. Perhaps best of all is that when I was done I had pretty much a full complement of common and rare cards from the set. A solid foundation on which to start crafting.

Ironic, then, that the only card I've crafted so far is Finja, from the last set.

Initial signs, though, are not great. I've tried a couple of Quest decks - Warrior and Shaman - and they're *still* getting wrecked by Pirate Warrior. Aggro is still ruling the roost right now, and Quest decks take too long to build up to their win condition.

That said, I played one game against the Rogue quest and it seemed madly OP. It works like this:
- Fill your deck with 1 mana minions, token cards and a few spells to copy them.
- Play four copies of one, which is pretty easy with Rogue's copying spells. My opponent did it on turn 6.
- Suddenly, all the tokens and weenie minions in your hand, deck and on your board are 5/5.
- Win

Plus it's still very early. Maybe the aggro counters are in the mix but no-one's figured out how best to use them yet.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2017 11:25 by Matt Thrower.

More
07 Apr 2017 11:57 #246144 by Jackwraith

SebastianBludd wrote:

Jackwraith wrote: I got wrecked by a Priest quest deck with Umbra last night, so perhaps just ignore anything strategic I have to say from here on out. This is where Spawn of N'Zoth suddenly looks like a decent card.

Really? What was the Priest's win condition? Looking at the Priest cards I was struggling to see what they would do after quest completion.

Didn't need one. He just kept activating Deathrattles with Umbra and filling his board with mid-sized creatures that overwhelmed mine. Tortollan Shellraiser was also key.

To Matt's point: I underestimated the Rogue quest, as well. After losing three straight with my Paladin deck, I decided I wanted to finish the night with a win, so I switched back to Shaman Elemental and ran into a Rogue. It's not "minions that you play are now 5/5s." It's ALL minions are 5/5s, including the ones sitting on the board or that get transformed, otherwise. I Hexed a 5/4 Novice Engineer (she'd taken a hit from one of my Recruits) and it became a 5/5 Frog.

Contrary to his experience, though, most of the quest decks that I've faced have finished their quests in short order and started rolling, usually by turn 5 or 6. That's risky against Pirate Warrior, but Hunter spends the first few turns trading and Rogue dumps its Backstabs and Eviscerates, knowing the Pirate deck will run out of steam and not be able to deal with the parade of 5/5s.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds