October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

ConnCon 2015

More
16 Mar 2015 11:16 - 16 Mar 2015 14:33 #199570 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic ConnCon 2015
Yeah this was an excellent time. I'm really glad I came down on Friday and stayed until Sunday. Totally worth it.

I've said it before, but the F:AT crew that attends this Con is what makes it for me. All of these people are just absolutely great to hang out with. They're just my type of people. Easy going, fun loving and quick to bust your balls. I'm glad I finally got to hang out with and play games with Billy Zavos. He's a great guy. I think him explaining a "donkey punch" to Repoman might have been one of my favorite moments. The pantomimed punch was just icing on that cake. Flim Flam I'd seen before but never hung out with. My other favorite moment was when all of us wanted to play Cosmic Encounter, but nobody brought a copy. Each of us just assumed someone else would have brought a copy. Film Flam, fueled by his friend Elijah Craig, said, "fuck it" and walked over to the vendor room and purchased a copy of a game he already owns. We all tried to stop him...but it didn't work. Moments later we were all punching out a new copy of Cosmic. Bernie was another F:AT that I'd seen before but never interacted with. Another great guy. I think he hates the New England Patriots more than I do. So he's automatically a great dude in my book lol. Got to meet Stormseeker and Dave Roswell for a quick moment too which was great. Always good to put a face to a screen name.

My wife came down on Saturday and she was very apprehensive about the whole thing. She ended up having a great time. That may be in part because she won EVERY FUCKING GAME SHE PLAYED. But it more had to do with just how welcoming and cool everybody was. Like I said, the Fatties from MA, CT, NY...the Northeast in general...they all rock. SJN, El Skootro, Jay718, Josh Look, Loter, Repoman, Uba n Al, Dan Raspler etc....all of them are just damn fine people to hang out with.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2015 14:33 by Egg Shen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay718, repoman, Saul Goodman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2015 12:35 #199577 by stormseeker75
Replied by stormseeker75 on topic ConnCon 2015
We had a blast. Unfortunately, Maren ended up with ConnCon Crud so she's sick and has no voice.

You F:ATties are awesome. Biggest thanks to Matt for putting some peeps up in his mom's house. Excellent people, that family.

So where to next? Trashfest MidWest? Who would come?

More
16 Mar 2015 12:55 #199578 by Saul Goodman
Replied by Saul Goodman on topic ConnCon 2015
I do love me ConnCon. I'm bleary eyed and tired today but well worth it. I got to play games and shoot the shit with some of my favorite folks that I see both always and occasionally.
Egg Shens wife beating us in EVERY single game - true. Claims she's not a gamer. Might be a ringer? But playing my faves: Nexus Ops, Buffy, and Shadow Hunters with some awesome folks. That ruled!
Repo introducing me to crack (aka Xmen Dice Masters.) Bought a copy in the vendor room right before I left. May or may not be getting a booster set (or 4) this week....
Late night with usuals (Jay, Dan, Al, Shellie and Matt) Tradition!!!

More
17 Mar 2015 08:20 #199604 by Bernie
Replied by Bernie on topic ConnCon 2015
As it is every time I attend, an amazing con.

Missed out on getting to play with Jay and Saul this year, but that will get attended to in the future ;)

Enjoyed every game that hit the table as well as seeing Billy Z's cries of excitement and brain burn in two different games. That's totally worth it.

Fun talking football with Egg and Octavian, a very unexpected conversation. Billy Z got a bit involved too there.

Got to play 2 amazingly different games of Argent, which I was super stoked hit the table twice. I think this game has legs and if you get the chance give it a shot. It is more trashy than I think a lot of people would believe at first glance. Really really dig this game.

Enjoyed the spectacle that is Cthulu wars, and learned that there is a pretty decent game there with the amazing sculptures!

I am missing a ton of stuff, just a fantastic weekend!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay718, Saul Goodman

More
17 Mar 2015 08:37 #199606 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic ConnCon 2015

stormseeker75 wrote: We had a blast. Unfortunately, Maren ended up with ConnCon Crud so she's sick and has no voice.

You F:ATties are awesome. Biggest thanks to Matt for putting some peeps up in his mom's house. Excellent people, that family.

So where to next? Trashfest MidWest? Who would come?

You know I would. I have often thought of doing something at the Roberts Center in Wilmington - great hotel. Ran a con there once before, cost 5$ per head to cover the ballroom and I had like 50 people come out.

More
17 Mar 2015 08:47 #199607 by stormseeker75
Replied by stormseeker75 on topic ConnCon 2015
I know you would. No doubt about it. How many Fatties do we have out this way? Not too many, I don't think. I need to check prices and make this happen. Pedro, hit me up on FB or something and let's discuss.

More
03 Apr 2015 14:08 #200286 by el_skootro
Replied by el_skootro on topic ConnCon 2015
Late to the thread, but I just got back from Vietnam....

Great time as always. One of the highlights for me was the end-of-con Billionaire Banshee laugh-fest. Seeing Dan trying to game that game was hilarious.

Also, Egg Shen, please don't bring the missus next year. I'd really like to win a game ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Egg Shen

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds