October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

WBC 2015

More
22 Jul 2015 21:57 #206752 by engineer Al
WBC 2015 was created by engineer Al
I'm getting pumped up for our annual trek down to Lancaster PA for a week of booze, buddies and board games. Who's gonna be there? Wadaya wanna play?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2015 00:15 #206760 by daveroswell
Replied by daveroswell on topic WBC 2015
Other than Space Cadets Away Missions (OF COURSE), I want to try Clash of Cultures with the expansion. I also have the Robinson Crusoe expansion, if anyone wants to get scurvy and foot fungus in a new and exciting way.

More
23 Jul 2015 08:15 #206761 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic WBC 2015
I'll be there, even though everyone hates me these days.

The 'blind pencil game' would be good as it's the only one I can play when totally out of it.

Be there Tuesday.

More
23 Jul 2015 09:25 #206769 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic WBC 2015
Tuesday Andy ? You're usually there by mid day Friday at the bar aren't you ?

I'm either arriving Friday late or Saturday.

Events - the usual. Combat Commander, Atlantic Storm, maybe Hannibal. War of the Ring got moved out of the precon to Friday/Saturday, ugh. Not sure about that one.

Open gaming - bring my usual go to games and see what happens. Pax Porifirana, Study in Emerald, Glory to Rome, 1989, Wilderness War, Struggle of Empires, Chaos in the Old World. Angola we've come to the conclusion after many plays that the Commies need help, so there are some play balance issues that we will try out, probably some form of giving them more reinforcements .

And working the auction all day Tuesday as usual. The list has been posted:

www.boardgamers.org/wbc15/auctionlots.htm

Tons of Martin Wallace stuff, including rarities like Gods Playground and After the Flood. and Study in Emerald, multiple copies.
Multiple Splotter games, including multiple copies of Indonesia. Weird. I had to look to see if they announced a reprint, nope.
I think there are more non wargame collectibles than wargame collectibles at first glance.

More
23 Jul 2015 18:19 #206846 by ThirstyMan
I used to come before the pre cons but I've decided to get trashed in NYC with Jay and Saul and then come up to WBC later, when everyone gets there.

I kinda got bored drinking at the bar with 7yr old ballerinas (one year) as it was the end of a week of dance competitions before WBC. If there are any lurkers here who want to find us these are the directions:

Go into Open Gaming, listen carefully for foul language, shouting and people frantically trying to hide bottles of whiskey from the organisers. That will be us.

To introduce yourself simply grab the nearest bottle, pour yourself a large one and proclaim that 'you are here'. I'll be the one with the hat on because, you know, hats are cool. If you prefer a quieter experience, there are tables and tables of euroweenies playing as well so you'll be fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, engineer Al

More
23 Jul 2015 18:42 #206849 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic WBC 2015
You're not actually bringing that rediculous hat with you, are you?

More
23 Jul 2015 19:05 - 23 Jul 2015 19:10 #206852 by ThirstyMan
Yes, with my entire body, which is more than I can say for you.

Also, the word is ridiculous as opposed to rediculous. Get a friggin' education.
Last edit: 23 Jul 2015 19:10 by ThirstyMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look

More
23 Jul 2015 21:52 #206880 by jay718
Replied by jay718 on topic WBC 2015
Getting trashed with Saul and Jay in NYC; easily my favorite pre and post con! Looking forward to it Andy! I'll be headed down to Lancaster Wednesday or Thursday, depending on a couple things. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

More
24 Jul 2015 08:08 #206896 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic WBC 2015
Hopefully, i'll do the precon with Al and Uba at my place. And hopefully we'll get in some disc golf or tennis along with some pre con eating, drinking and gaming. I'll be heading to host on Monday-Sunday. A few of the guys from my game group are hitting the pre-con in Lancaster.

More
24 Jul 2015 12:25 #206944 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic WBC 2015
Not heading up this year. Just got an offer to demo a pre-print of Warriors of Japan and had to say no.

More
24 Jul 2015 13:16 #206950 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic WBC 2015
Who's demoing it ? Is Adam going to be there ? He's been threatening to produce both that and Warriors of America at various cons for demos, but it never seems to happen.

More
24 Jul 2015 14:16 #206957 by engineer Al
Replied by engineer Al on topic WBC 2015

jay718 wrote: Getting trashed with Saul and Jay in NYC; easily my favorite pre and post con!

My favorite part of the con - actual.

Pete, I will be bringing my discs.

Dave, Stephen says he will "probably" have a demo copy at WBC.. I sure as heck hope so!

SAG, WTF?

Thirsty, am I supposed to hate you for some reason? I'm feeling left out. See you at the bar!

Msample, let's meet up at least long enough to hate Andy together.

More
24 Jul 2015 16:13 #206971 by ThirstyMan
OK here's a request.

I wanna play that Star Trek game with loads of computers all linked together where everyone has a different role.

I'm not talking about that horseshit, fiddling around with bits, rolling dice crap board game. I'm talking about full on computer screens and doing Star Trek shit.

Can anyone sort this out?

More
24 Jul 2015 18:53 #206986 by engineer Al
Replied by engineer Al on topic WBC 2015

ThirstyMan wrote: OK here's a request.

I wanna play that Star Trek game with loads of computers all linked together where everyone has a different role.

I'm not talking about that horseshit, fiddling around with bits, rolling dice crap board game. I'm talking about full on computer screens and doing Star Trek shit.

I've been playing an ios app with my buddies called SPACE TEAM. Not quite Star Trek but a team working together with computers to fly a spaceship. Loads of late night hilarious fun, but everyone needs their own i-device (phone, pad or pod)

More
24 Jul 2015 19:14 - 24 Jul 2015 19:25 #206993 by jay718
Replied by jay718 on topic WBC 2015

ThirstyMan wrote: OK here's a request.

I've seen videos of this, and someone here (MooFrank perhaps?) once gave a report of a birthday session they were part of. From what I understand, you definitely need a computer that's hooked up to a projecter for the main display and everyone playing would need individual laptops as well. Not something easily thrown together on the fly, especially when everyone's away from their respective homes. I'd fucking love to try this though. My place in NYC sometime?
Last edit: 24 Jul 2015 19:25 by jay718.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds