October 09, 2023
2484 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2686 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

MODOK OFFLINE -- Ya blew it

More
14 May 2014 14:28 - 20 May 2014 16:38 #178077 by jeb
AIMos 5.m starting........done
Biosys chk running.........
WARN -- neuronal systems outside defined parameters
ACTION -- Terminate boot? Yes [y] No [º’Ã-1n%%%%%%%%shutdown -h n&&&&&&ß·:õ
.............reroute
.............est contr0l in 4....3...2...

~~~~~~~MODOK ONLINE~~~~~~~
FILTHY HUMANS: I AM MODOK. Y0U MAY TRADE MARVEL DICE T0 EACH 0THER. MY ALG0RITHMS ENSURE C0MPLIANCE.

THIS IS F0R TRADING MARVEL DICE 0NLY. AND WILL BE 0VER IN 1NE WEEK.

This thread runs a "math trade"--a computer assisted algorithm to determine the best possible combination of trades so everyone ends up with games they want, even if not trading one-to-one. People will submit cryptically formatted lists to me that I will send to MODOK for... digestion? I am not sure. But he tells me it all works out in the end.

An example would be:

Black Barney WANTS to experience emotions like a real boy and HAS Dominion: Shitstorm
Barnes WANTS Dominion: Shitstorm and HAS some crappy extra Nightcrawler dice lying around
Uba WANTS Nightcrawler dice and HAS watched a lot of Oprah's channel.

MODOK will code this up and provide instructions for Black Barney to send his game to Barnes, who sends his Nightcrawler commons to Uba, who provides counseling and guidance to the fragile Canadian we all know and "love." Everyone is happy. Except MODOK I guess, but he's cool about it.

MODOK reminds you all that you do not have to trade away anything you don't want. If you offer it, and decide you want to keep it because nothing looks good in trade, just don't provide wants for it and it will stay with you.

+++++ RULES +++++

You can post Marvel Dice individually or in lots you are willing to trade away immediately. To do so, in your FIRST reply to this thread: Enter your name, your location, how much shipping you are willing to cover and your games and their condition. You can edit this reply until the "closed for submission" time to add more dice, but once I add the entry to the master list in this post, YOU CANNOT REMOVE IT until the trades are finalized. If you remove an item after it has been added to the list:
e.g.
DICE FOR TRADE: Matt Loter, 06812, USA – I’ll cover the first $10 to ship everywhere.
• IRON MAN "How does he poop in this thing?" --card only
• Bucket of Uncommons, no dupes--at least 40 of them, cards and dice
• Starter set, unopened. I will trade this only for internal organs, it's in demand

The closed for submission time is NEVER.

Want lists for each item you've added to the list are due by NOPE

Feel free to submit want lists early. All want lists are to be PMed to my account here (jeb).

This isn't a "no shipping" trade. People from AIM's underground lair may participate. Please state your shipping status in your Dice For Trade post. THIS IS IMPORTANT. That said, we're talking dice and cards here, so it's not going to break the bank or anything.

I am the ultimate arbiter of any disputes. By signing up some dice here, you are submitting to this rule. I don't care if you don't like my decision.

When addingdice for trade, you must describe the condition of them if less than awesome, and note if anything is missing. If not noted, it's assumed to be complete and in good condition. Please verify that you actually have possession of the dice before adding to this list for trade.

Please use the following format for your Want Lists:

(FAT_Username) Your_Item_Number : item_wanted_#1 Item_wanted_#2 Item_wanted_#3 &c.
A possible list might look like this:

(jeb) 1 : 14 18 19
(jeb) 11 : 14 18 19 22 26 7
(jeb) 12 : 14
(jeb) 16 :

This means I have four items to trade away: 1, 11, 12 and 16. My 16 is very dear to me and there was nothing I wanted to trade for. Oh well. #12 I could part with for the #14 item on the Master List. Item 1 could go for 14, 18, or 19. And #11 I want to move along, so I'll take any of the six things listed for it.

THE TRADE WILL BE SMALL LIKE Y0UR 1NTELLECTS. PREPARE F0R DISAPP0INTMENT.

LINEAR-PRIORITIES: Use the 1,2,3,4,... priority scheme.
SMALL-STEP=1: Adjust how priorities change between successive entries in a want list. (The default value is 1.)
BIG-STEP=9: Adjust how priorities change for each semicolon in a want list. (The default value is 9.)
REQUIRE-COLONS: Make colons mandatory for every want list.
REQUIRE-USERNAMES: Make usernames mandatory for every want list.
ITERATIONS=1000: If set to a number larger than 1, then use randomization to find num different solutions, keeping the solution with the best sum-of-squares metric. Note that all of the solutions will have the same number of trades and the same total cost.
ALLOW-DUMMIES: Allow users to include dummy items to protect against getting duplicates.

There have been some questions about how to best use dummy items to protect against getting duplicate items. Here is a big ass quote from the Trade Maximiser wiki page…

Warning: Spoiler!

If you have any questions about any aspect of the trade, please let me know and I'll try to answer them quickly. Post your stupid comments and questions to the blog , not in this thread!

Make sure to be aggressive with those lists, liquidity is the secret sauce.
Last edit: 20 May 2014 16:38 by jeb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, VonTush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2014 14:29 - 18 May 2014 21:32 #178078 by jeb
===OFFICIAL LIST===
Once it's on here, do not mess with the entry other than to clarify. Folks are building Want Lists based on your entries and you can mess them up by changing things. If you MUST change something, add a new item to your list and offer no Wants for the one you changed. Thanks!

001 Pick any 8 cards and dice (Bull Nakano)
002 20 distinct common cards (Bull Nakano)
003 A heartfelt handwritten note thanking you for participating at F:AT and in this MT (Jeb)
004 Rare Nova w/ Die ( VonTush )
005 Rare Rogue w/ Die ( VonTush )
006 Rare Venom w/ Die ( VonTush )
007 Rare Venom w/ Die ( VonTush )
008 Rare Venom w/ Die ( VonTush )
009 Rare Doctor Strange w/ Die ( VonTush )
010 Rare Cyclops NO DIE ( VonTush )
011 Rare Deadpool w/ Die ( VonTush )
012 Pick any 10 entries from his list of uncommons (see caveats about whethere or not die is included) ( VonTush )
Last edit: 18 May 2014 21:32 by jeb.

More
14 May 2014 14:30 #178079 by jeb
Reserved for results

More
14 May 2014 20:47 - 14 May 2014 21:30 #178116 by Bull Nakano
15219, I'll cover shipping to US, you'll cover shipping anywhere else in the world.

Item 1
Pick 8 cards/dice
Cards: 65, 66 (2), 67 (2), 70, 73 (2), 74, 76 (2), 77, 82 (2), 85, 86, 87, 88, 91, 95
Dice: Hawkeye (5), Mystique (2), Doc Strange, Phoenix (2), Angel, Nick Fury

Item 2
20+ different common cards
Last edit: 14 May 2014 21:30 by Bull Nakano.

More
16 May 2014 19:35 #178352 by VonTush
I'll pay shipping US. Rest of world you pay.
Shipping from 64116

Rares:
-Nova w/ Die
-Rogue w/ Die
-Venom w/ Die
-Venom w/ Die
-Venom w/ Die
-Doctor Strange w/ Die
-Cyclops NO DIE
-Deadpool w/ Die

-Pick Any 10 Uncommons Below

Angel x2 (3 Dice)
Captain America x1 (0 Dice)
Colossus x3 (6 Dice)
Deadpool x3 (3 Dice)
Doctor Octopus x1 (3 Dice)
Gambit x3 (2 Dice)
Ghost Rider x1 (1 Die)
Hawkeye x1 (1 Die)
Hulk x1 (0 Die)
Human Torch x1 (0 Die)
Iron Man x1 (0 Die)
Loki x1 (2 Die)
Magneto x2 (4 Die)
Nick Fury x1 (1 Die)
Nightcrawler x3 (1 Die)
Nova x1 (2 Die)
Phoenix x1 (0 Die)
Professor X x1 (3 Dice)
Punisher x1 (2 Dice)
Spiderman x2 (0 Die)
Storm x1 (0 Die)
Thing x1 (1 Die)
Thor x1 (0 Die)

Regarding Die - I'll provide dice where possible and as requested. Any characters from the starter set I won't have dice available as I'm keeping those, but I will make the card available. Otherwise I should have dice for most anything else...My list above should be fairly accurate (I'm trying to feed my 15 month old as I sort through this though).

As an added bonus/perk of trading with me, after the results are posted I'll work with whoever I'm trading with and offer up any extra commons, uncommons and dice that I have extra free of charge to help you round out your collection and to get them out of my house.

More
20 May 2014 16:37 #178516 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Cancelled for lack of interest
Sorry all. Won't bother you again.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, VonTush

More
21 May 2014 00:39 #178554 by ubarose
Thank you for doing this, even if there wasn't enough interest at this time. Maybe when more people have more stuff?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Dr. Mabuse

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds