October 09, 2023
2491 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2691 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Sell/trade/gift me your "lesser" Knizia titles!

More
06 Jul 2015 20:00 #205522 by Michael Barnes
I will accept your kind gift! Let me know where to Paypal shipping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2015 20:06 #205523 by Chapel

Michael Barnes wrote: I will accept your kind gift! Let me know where to Paypal shipping.

Don't worry about it, just message me your addr.

More
06 Jul 2015 20:17 - 06 Jul 2015 20:18 #205524 by ChristopherMD
PM me your address and I'll gift you Master's Gallery.
Last edit: 06 Jul 2015 20:18 by ChristopherMD.

More
06 Jul 2015 21:39 #205531 by wadenels

Mad Dog wrote: PM me your address and I'll gift you Master's Gallery.

In the files section for the game at BGG someone has posted a way to play the original Modern Art with just the Master's Gallery cards and chips. It's not exactly Modern Art but it's fun and only has minor differences.

More
06 Jul 2015 23:04 #205537 by KingPut

Motorik wrote: I don't have Galaxy anymore but I distinctly remember buying a copy of it directly from one of the GMT guys at the WBC about 15 years ago, along with my first copy of Battle Line and...(drumroll)...both sets of Flagship (!!!) What a weird, wild time.

About 40 people a year play in the Galaxy tournament every year at WBC. A few of my friends like it better than TtA.
The strangest Knizia titles in my collection are Flee Circus and Tutankamon. Both games along with Loot were fun Knizia games to play with the spawns when they young.

More
06 Jul 2015 23:18 #205539 by ratpfink
You didn't mention Strozzi but I thought it was a nice iteration on his ideas in Medici. It came out in 2008 so was pretty much ignored by then since it wasn't another VP generating machine game. If it was published in the 90s we would be talking about "Knizia's Auction Quartet"

More
06 Jul 2015 23:36 #205540 by Motorik

KingPut wrote:

Motorik wrote: I don't have Galaxy anymore but I distinctly remember buying a copy of it directly from one of the GMT guys at the WBC about 15 years ago, along with my first copy of Battle Line and...(drumroll)...both sets of Flagship (!!!) What a weird, wild time.

About 40 people a year play in the Galaxy tournament every year at WBC.

Still? I mean granted it's been a while since I last attended the WBC but did, like, the machine that compiles the Century Group votes break down back in '06 or something?

More
07 Jul 2015 02:10 #205544 by Forelle
PM me your address and I'll send you Ivanhoe. You might not get the box, though. I consolidated a bunch of card games and I'm not sure I still have it.

More
07 Jul 2015 10:26 #205551 by MacDirk Diggler
I read the piece you have an Knizia's website.... brilliant. I can see why he chose to put it there. It is some of your best writing and you should be quite proud. I am glad to see you have put Beowulf to such good use.

I am concerned that the articles forthcoming about Knizia's lesser works would elevate them to something more than what they are.... Lesser for a reason. I mean with your writing skills you could make 52 pickup sound like a brilliant design.

More
07 Jul 2015 13:08 #205564 by Michael Barnes
Forelle- sent- let me know what I can send you for shipping.

I'm not interested so much in finding "lost" great games or elevating the clunkers to a status they don't deserve...more about showing the permutations of core ideas, defining the "signature" Knizia elements and reassessing some of the games (particularly more recent ones) that have been ignored as the market and the online community has turned its attention to other kinds of games.

I don't really assess my own writing, that's the for the audience to do, but I feel like that was one of the best things I've ever done.

I do want Strozzi- I meant to list it, I had Medici vs. Strozzi on there but not the "standalone".

More
07 Jul 2015 19:52 #205604 by Chapel

Michael Barnes wrote: Forelle- sent- let me know what I can send you for shipping.

I'm not interested so much in finding "lost" great games or elevating the clunkers to a status they don't deserve...more about showing the permutations of core ideas, defining the "signature" Knizia elements and reassessing some of the games (particularly more recent ones) that have been ignored as the market and the online community has turned its attention to other kinds of games.

I don't really assess my own writing, that's the for the audience to do, but I feel like that was one of the best things I've ever done.

I do want Strozzi- I meant to list it, I had Medici vs. Strozzi on there but not the "standalone".

Let you know Razzia is pretty much a Ra lite...but I didn't find it lighter than Ra. So it's pretty much Ra

More
08 Jul 2015 10:56 #205684 by Ken B.

Chapel wrote:
Let you know Razzia is pretty much a Ra lite...but I didn't find it lighter than Ra. So it's pretty much Ra

I actually thought it was considerably inferior to Ra in fundamental ways, so much so that I don't really care to play it again. When every card/tile pull can only improve the lot on offer, much of the strategy of the game just whooshes out the window. Shame, because I dug the art and gangster theme.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds