October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Barnes' Big Trade Up '09- I want a DS!

More
04 Feb 2009 01:08 #19839 by Michael Barnes
UNLESS YOU HAVE NEVER STARTED.

Won't somebody help the Widow's Son?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2009 01:42 #19840 by Mr Skeletor
Much like my Wii, I haven't touched my DS in months.

More
04 Feb 2009 01:45 #19841 by Octavian
They've got pills for that, Frank.

More
04 Feb 2009 01:57 - 04 Feb 2009 02:00 #19842 by Dogmatix
MWChapel wrote:

I also have a pretty rare printing of OGRE/GEV as well...For the completest. ;)

Will think about what might be a good trade for the Liebe and Intrigue.

I think that's the @#$@#$ version I've been looking for. I have every other edition from the Microgaming box [though only "sort of" these days since the box disintegrated and was tossed years ago] through the "VHS box" combined Ogre/GEV edition. Is this a regular box [with lid] or yet another top-flap opening VHS-style box? Just a regular box with lid would be nice for the metric ton of OGRE/GEV counters and maps I've collected over the years would be nice.

If barnes doesn't bite, let me know what you want for it :)
Last edit: 04 Feb 2009 02:00 by Dogmatix.

More
04 Feb 2009 02:27 #19843 by Michael Barnes
Hey Dog- you get first swipe at it since we're already working together elsewhere. ;-)

More
04 Feb 2009 02:48 #19844 by Dogmatix
Michael Barnes wrote:

Hey Dog- you get first swipe at it since we're already working together elsewhere. ;-)

Speaking of which, I found my dupe copy of the 2nd ed version The Ogre Book, so that's coming your way along with the scenario book. [I was just going to buy another one but the used prices on this have become insane. Not as bad as the guy offering the Ogre Scenario Book #1 for $275 on Amazon (or you could buy the 1 copy listed above it for $10...I'll never quite get how some people come up with a price for some of this stuff), but people have *got* to figure out .

[To be more accurate, I found *a* copy of the 2nd ed book along with a math trade email that proves that I do own a duplicate copy. Now, where that first copy went is a bit beyond me at the moment but I'll find it one of these days...]

More
04 Feb 2009 03:07 #19846 by Gary Sax
Did you ever play Not War but Murder, incidentally? Dog gave me an awesome deal on Up Front, which I am eternally grateful for, and that was part of the meagre compensation.

More
04 Feb 2009 03:29 #19848 by dave
I've moaned about the availability of Flying Colors on my blog and TOS for some time, so I think I earned a shot at that copy. I've played my friend's copy a couple of times and had a lot of fun. I've got the other games in the series on preorder (cross my fingers).

You can see videos for one of my games @ boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/33955/item/721853

More
04 Feb 2009 03:36 #19849 by Dogmatix
Gary Sax wrote:

Did you ever play Not War but Murder, incidentally? Dog gave me an awesome deal on Up Front, which I am eternally grateful for, and that was part of the meagre compensation.

It's due up this month with my friend Dave. He's intrigued by the A-I system and I'd much prefer to play this type of game with another human--plus, he's one of the best rules-readers/instructors I've ever met, so it's great to learn a new game with him. I can read and digest the rules (and in this case, I have to "unlearn" parts of Storm over Arnhem, which is how I got introduced to this style of game), but I've determined that, with many games, I simply learn far faster and better through a play than a rules-read, which is why Fields of Fire makes me so nuts--I know I'm not playing huge chunks of it correctly but I just can't quite divine HOW I'm off. [Up Front gave me the same headaches.]

I will, however, post a review as soon as I play it.

More
04 Feb 2009 08:28 #19868 by Juniper
I have a copy of BUY WORD that is like new, but is missing the paper money, the box, and all vowels. I am willing to trade it for LIEBE & INTRIGE. Trader must reimburse my shipping fees. Not negotiable.

More
04 Feb 2009 09:05 #19871 by Ken B.
Before leaving for work this morning, I professed quietly my deep, unrelenting love for my DS. Then I kissed it. With tongue.

More
04 Feb 2009 09:44 #19876 by Million Dollar Mimring
Would you go so far as to say you had an Avery-esque love for your DS?

Sorry Barnes, I wish I could help you, but I'm one of the last few people to not own a DS. I really want one.

More
04 Feb 2009 09:57 #19877 by Ken B.
Million Dollar Mimring wrote:

Would you go so far as to say you had an Avery-esque love for your DS?

Sorry Barnes, I wish I could help you, but I'm one of the last few people to not own a DS. I really want one.

I bet you do, they're fuckin' awesome.

More
04 Feb 2009 10:06 #19878 by Stephen Avery
I saw a bunch of them in Ken's hometown of Huntsville. There is an unclaimed baggage place there which sells all the stuff that get left on airlines. All the stuff in the store was reasonable (50% off) but used. The personal electronics though were insanely cheap. I want to say that DS were like $30-$40. There were a few new ones still int the case for $60.

Maybe Ken can hook you up.

Steve"Tanktop-esque"Avery

More
04 Feb 2009 10:23 #19882 by Beisaic
Michael Barnes wrote:

No, I'd actually prefer it. What's your pleasure, sir?

Well, tops of the list would be Wizards Kings and Dominion. I suspect that Wizard Kings is the more fun game, while Dominion is the game more likely to get played. I have not had the opportunity to play either. I may have to read up on the rules today to see what I think of them.

I suppose Dominion would probably be first on my list, what with it being the new hawtness and being CCGesque.

Anyway, how about one of those two?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds