October 09, 2023
2218 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2438 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

My AC murdered my bank account.....buy my games!

More
22 Jun 2017 17:43 - 23 Jun 2017 12:33 #250324 by SuperflyPete
A/C blew up. Like, exploded. Probably hit by lightning.

I'm now 5460.00 lighter than I was two weeks ago. Now, this is a problem because this is birthday season. My youngest wants a Hatchimal, for some insane reason. That's not really a big hit. Now, my oldest is turning 16, and despite her not realizing it, we're looking for a car for her. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen unless I sell some shit. I've already been fucked out of WBC, but I really want to buy my oldest a car (because I never got jack or shit from my parents) and she wants a job, so this car will free me from the shackles of being a god damned personal Uber for my kid.

This is also just after having to pay my car registration, which is like 250$, plus other shit which all hit at once.

SO...out goes the Foreverish Shelf.

ASCENDING EMPIRES: 65$ + shipping
Not warped, not smoked around, no dogs or cats. All very good condition.I'm the guy who stuffed a big bag of desiccant into the box after hearing of the woes of others.

(Sold to the Pit Crew Man)
DEFENDERS OF THE LAST STAND: 50$ + shipping (note: this is a fucking beast)
Includes the KS upgrades. Be advised that some of the cards are beaten up....needs sleeves since corners are folded a bit. This happened due to a tragic accident whilst letting a friend out of state borrow it, and UPS are a bunch of brown cunts for not paying the insurance on it for some inexplicable reason. Fuck UPS, by the way. Box beat/torn a bit. Hence the cheaper price.

Rampage (and I mean the REAL Rampage, which I got at GenCon, prior to the lawsuit which made the game a fake ass impostor called Terror in Meeple City): 40$ + shipping
Good shape. It's been played a ton, and has stickered meeples. One of the glued-on tabs on one of the small boards came unglued, just needs a drop of rubber cement to square away.

Escape From Colditz Anniversary Edition BRAND NEW IN THE BOX. Just got it a month or two back. 30$ + shipping to match Amazon Prime.

(Sold to the original Space Cadet)
FEROX. Why would I ever sell this unless I had to? Because I have to. 35$ + Shipping.
Perfect condition. Played many, many, many times. No wear though.

The Adventurers: Temple of Chac. Comes with the painted miniatures set. I LAAAAWWWWVVVEEE this game, but it's gotta go. Great condition, not beat up in any possible way. 60$ + Shipping.

Adventurers: Pyramid of Horus. Also with painted miniatures. Another game I love but must be released into the wild. 50$ + Shipping

(Sold to the undisputed King of Indiana)
Warhammer Mighty Empires - with a ton of extra tiles. Some primed, some painted a bit. I got it like this with the intention of making it awesome but time isn't on my side, ever. It's probably got almost two full terrain sets. It has a bunch of flags, castles, keeps, and the original rules. Now, here's the thing: I bought this SOLELY so that I could use it as a campaign management system for Wastelands 2: Total Meltdown (the single best miniatures campaign system ever devised my man or God). I've used it for that and Strange Aeons campaigns, and I shit you not, if you are into campaign games, there is no better toolkit to manage months-or-year long campaigns. 80$ + shipping

That's pretty much all I have left other than valueless games and my Space Hulk set, which is also on the table. All painted, and wicked fucking awesome slime effect on the Genestealers. I painted it so you know it's legit. Comes with Battle Foam insert. If someone's legitimately willing to pay 250$ for it, I'll take photos.

Fuck me running. I just sold a mess of games online and locally (Colosseum, my entire Guildhall collection, my remaining stash of Heroscape, Star Trek Fleet Captains, QUEEN'S FUCKING GAMBIT (for 100$ no less), and a mess of other shit that had I described it all you'd all fucking weep openly like your dog got run down by a moped piloted by Charles Manson.

Fuck. Me. Running.

NOW: Don't think I'm desperate. I always have a secret stash of cash for emergencies only, and this doesn't apply, so that money's in there. I'm not losing my house or car or anything, it's just that I have to buy a car for a kid (probably 3K) by July 9th and thus I'd really like to move this shit so that can happen. I'm even considering selling a few guitars, so you know how deadly fucking serious I am about it.

Open to negotiations.
Last edit: 23 Jun 2017 12:33 by SuperflyPete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2017 08:14 #250332 by stormseeker75
If you sold Queen's Gambit to some douche canoe other than me, you and I are no longer in love.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
23 Jun 2017 08:27 #250333 by Brewmiester
Sounds like a worthy cause. Sign me up for mighty empires, let me know the shipping costs and I'll send you the monies!

More
23 Jun 2017 09:46 - 23 Jun 2017 09:49 #250335 by engelstein
I'll take FEROX if still available. Let me know shipping and where to paypal the money.

EDIT: And Defenders of the Last Stand.

Geoff
Last edit: 23 Jun 2017 09:49 by engelstein.

More
23 Jun 2017 10:21 #250337 by SuperflyPete
All yours, Mike and Geoff.

More
23 Jun 2017 10:54 #250342 by Black Barney
I will buy your tears

More
23 Jun 2017 11:33 #250344 by SuperflyPete

Black Barney wrote: I will buy your tears

Funny, I always figured you for a discharge kind of guy
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Black Barney

More
23 Jun 2017 11:57 #250345 by jeb

SuperflyTNT wrote:

Black Barney wrote: I will buy your tears

Funny, I always figured you for a discharge kind of guy

The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, SuperflyPete

More
23 Jun 2017 12:41 #250349 by OldHippy
I really would like that Temple of Chac game but shipping to Canada is a real bitch. Any idea what that would set me back or if you know of some sneaky way we can finagle this? Like someone coming to Canada personally or something like that?

More
23 Jun 2017 12:57 #250350 by SuperflyPete
I'll hold onto it until I cruise up that way, JJai
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
24 Jun 2017 16:24 #250386 by ubarose
Probably too late now, but air conditioner hit by lightning is covered by homeowners insurance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, SuperflyPete

More
24 Jun 2017 20:56 #250389 by SuperflyPete
Sadly, it was a 19 year old unit and the prorated "ARP" was less than the deductible, 500$. So at that point I heard that and felt my rectum slowly being penetrated by the member of Liberty Mutual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
25 Jun 2017 22:40 #250416 by ubarose

SuperflyTNT wrote: Sadly, it was a 19 year old unit and the prorated "ARP" was less than the deductible, 500$. So at that point I heard that and felt my rectum slowly being penetrated by the member of Liberty Mutual.

Dude, you need to talk to your agent about replacement cost coverage. If you have a major loss without replacemnt cost coverage your fing screwed.

More
26 Jun 2017 13:29 #250452 by SuperflyPete
We looked into a bunch of policies and the cost/benefit of a lot of it was absurdly low. We have a different philosophy - pay as little to insurance as possible and save the balance. That's how we had 5400$ lying around. Our homeowners insurance used to be like 1600$ a year with Progressive but after our roof fiasco (our deductible on roof was 3% the home's entire insured value (including property in the home, about 4 grand). So, we changed policies to LibMut and it's a far better policy with lower premiums (by HALF) and lower deductibles but some shit like a/c and furnace are prorated. Our furnace is literally 34 years old and costs a bunch to operate but it will literally outlive us. So, we figured it would be better to suck up the one-time hits when those die than be on the "buy an entire new system every 10-12 years" cycle.

Plus, where we live it was virtually impossible for lightning to want to erupt from the AC over the thousands of old-growth trees. We don't ~know~ that it was hit with lightning, but the service guy was fine saying that, which implies to us that he would be just as likely to say that a band of marauding killer clowns trashed it, if that meant making a larger sale.

I'm a lot of things, but a fraud isn't one of them, so we made the conscious choice to eat the cost rather than potentially defraud Liberty Mutual.

The bad part is that it happened at a very bad time. If this happened September to April we'd have been less impacted. We're big time savers so we always try to keep two emergency funds - one for this kind of shit and another for "Pete just got canned". The latter is untouchable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds