October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2658 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

F:AT ARMS TRADING #1 RESULTS POSTED!

More
03 Mar 2009 00:50 #22673 by Mr MOTO
Replied by Mr MOTO on topic Re:Leave feedback!
Ken B. wrote:

I hereby declare MR. MOTO a trader of the highest caliber. Tiny little Wiz-War was packaged in a box big enough for Samurai Swords, with enough padding to deflect bullets. Besides some minor box damage to the bottom, this sixteen year old game is in obscenely good shape, unpunched and unblemished.

So good on you, MR. MOTO. Acheivement unlocked~!

LOL

Thanks Ken! :)

Even with the USPS struggling to find your code of ziptitude, your package arrived first among the three I sent from the post office within five minutes of each other. The packages that are heading west are taking their sweet azz time getting out of the midwest.

I've received all three of my trades and I have to concur that Ameritrashers treat and pack their games well. :)

I'm hoping that the western cargo will giddy up and move out to their new owners soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2009 11:50 #22721 by MattFantastic
My Runebound arrived yesterday from the fucking Neatherlands (and in fine shape) so the bar is officially raised. If your sent games haven't arrived yet, you are thoroughly disgraced by the overseas shipping prowess of timeLess (Simon).

More
03 Mar 2009 12:31 #22731 by jeb
I saw my MARE NOSTRUM pile is being processed in the Netherlands, so timeLESS should be receiving soon as well. This turns my eyes towards Ska_baron. Ahem. You got a BANG! there somewhere you plan on sending out?

More
03 Mar 2009 13:46 #22754 by Mr MOTO
MattLoter wrote:

My Runebound arrived yesterday from the fucking Neatherlands (and in fine shape) so the bar is officially raised. If your sent games haven't arrived yet, you are thoroughly disgraced by the overseas shipping prowess of timeLess (Simon).

Is the fucking Neatherlands like East Germany was to West Germany or something different? :)

I see one of my west coast packages was delivered, so the last one will probably be at its destination soon.

More
03 Mar 2009 15:48 #22785 by Ochobee
I'm actually very curious about this-

Jeb, how did the Prof Euro doll fare during shipping? I didn't give him any special packing with the hopes that any damage he suffered would be transferred via voodoo to the live Prof Euro in his tiny fortress of snobbitude.

More
03 Mar 2009 20:11 #22844 by MattFantastic
Mr MOTO wrote:

Is the fucking Neatherlands like East Germany was to West Germany or something different? :)

Yeah, it's where all the awesome Netherlanders (what the fuck is the proper term, is that Dutch?) go about being fucking awesome! You have to climb over the wall of radicality to get there though...

More
03 Mar 2009 21:05 #22847 by jeb
Ochobee wrote:

I'm actually very curious about this-

Jeb, how did the Prof Euro doll fare during shipping? I didn't give him any special packing with the hopes that any damage he suffered would be transferred via voodoo to the live Prof Euro in his tiny fortress of snobbitude.

The voodoo doll survived for about ten seconds in the presence of my three-year-old. If there is a Prof. Euro out there, he's lacking in the head-torso connection area at this point.

More
04 Mar 2009 11:36 #22906 by Ska_baron
MattLoter wrote:

I lose.

More
04 Mar 2009 11:42 #22908 by Ska_baron
jeb wrote:

I saw my MARE NOSTRUM pile is being processed in the Netherlands, so timeLESS should be receiving soon as well. This turns my eyes towards Ska_baron. Ahem. You got a BANG! there somewhere you plan on sending out?

Double lose!

Sorry about the delay guys - tis all shipped out now and hopefully in your eager hands by the weekend.

In OTHER news:

I got a shipment of collectable shiz packed like the delivery guy was going to play rugby with it. Ken frickin B. sent me the Mage Knight (uh, and some other stuff) figures not only in a divided plastic case which was taped shut, but EACH INDIVIDUALLY BAGGED. Seriously, man - very cool, but I had no idea folks were so into preserving MK figs! Card sleeves I get, but these? Crazy! Really appreciate all the packaging effort that went into it!

And more recently, while distracted this weekend by my wife's surgical adventures (with me starring as the nurse), Sag's awesome package arrived God knows when and when I retrieved it had to seperate it from the ice and snow that had accumulated. Yeesh! I even suck at RECIEVING games in the mail! True to his word though, it contained the awesome RED TRUCK OF SALVATION along with some game called Last Night on Earth. Gonna rock this one with my Bro coming up soon, who is really into horror and only a little into board games. Thank you good sir.

Whew. Fun times with my first math trade - next time though, I gotta get my wife's medical needs prioritized around my game trading schedule!

More
04 Mar 2009 23:52 #23023 by metalface13
I finally got my Dragon Dice from Ken B. and Blue Moon City from Million Dollar Mimring. Sometimes I think tracking numbers are a curse rather than a blessing. I got to watch my package dink around for a day in Illinois then somehow take 72 HOURS to cross the country. Then it arrived at the local distribution center at around midnight but failed to make it on the truck in the morning? WTF? So I finally got it today. Man, if UPS promises 7-day shipping they will not deliver a day before!

But yeah, Ken does go a little nutso on the packing. My Dragon Dice were bags within bags within bags. Also one die is a misprint. A Coral Elf, with Dwarven crossbows?! Whudda think it?

More
05 Mar 2009 08:38 #23068 by Ken B.
Whoa! Hey man, some collectors are crazy about those misprints. I've never really cared so I didn't bother to check mine.

Let me explain on the packaging. I really hate for cards and boxes and game parts to get dinged. So I go a little overboard to make sure that doesn't happen.

With the miniatures, I'd never actually shipped a large batch of miniatures before, and I was paranoid they were going to get jostled around and break. So I put them in the plastic compartment containers. To give them padding, I put them in little ziplock bags (I didn't keep them in my collection that way.) That way they had a little protection in case the box was dropped or punted--you never know, man...UPS guys is crazy.

For the Dragon Dice, those are precious little babies so I packaged them firmly so they didn't get loose in the box and fall out or something. The extra bags were to help keep the armies divided as best I could.

Anyway, that's a tip for traders. Package your stuff well. My brother is having to ask for three replacement cards for his game he received because they weren't bagged or banded up. It's not a big deal because the company is cool about sending replacements, but it's proof that if you don't package well, things get damaged in transit.

More
05 Mar 2009 15:26 #23128 by metalface13
Ken B. wrote:

Whoa! Hey man, some collectors are crazy about those misprints. I've never really cared so I didn't bother to check mine.

Let me explain on the packaging. I really hate for cards and boxes and game parts to get dinged. So I go a little overboard to make sure that doesn't happen.

With the miniatures, I'd never actually shipped a large batch of miniatures before, and I was paranoid they were going to get jostled around and break. So I put them in the plastic compartment containers. To give them padding, I put them in little ziplock bags (I didn't keep them in my collection that way.) That way they had a little protection in case the box was dropped or punted--you never know, man...UPS guys is crazy.

For the Dragon Dice, those are precious little babies so I packaged them firmly so they didn't get loose in the box and fall out or something. The extra bags were to help keep the armies divided as best I could.

Anyway, that's a tip for traders. Package your stuff well. My brother is having to ask for three replacement cards for his game he received because they weren't bagged or banded up. It's not a big deal because the company is cool about sending replacements, but it's proof that if you don't package well, things get damaged in transit.

Oh I'm not complaining how you pack stuff. Everything arrived in perfect condition. All the dice look great!

Just poking fun of you as it seems a little OCD.

More
05 Mar 2009 16:29 #23132 by Ska_baron
Ditto Metalface. You rocked Ken. I just had never even fathomed what amounts to 'figure sleeves.' Everything arrived in perfect condition!

More
10 Mar 2009 07:08 #23409 by timeLESS
Whooo! WW2: Barbarossa to Berlin just arrived! thanks Flim_Flam !

Now if only those bastards at customs would release Mare Nostrum. They've been holding it captive for a week now!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds