October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

XBOX 360 FOR SALE OR TRADE

More
23 Apr 2009 00:25 #26664 by Dr. Mabuse
Count Orlok wrote:

Now to hijack the thread, what are some good xbox 360 games? Halo 3 is pretty awesome, and I think I'm going to get that and a live account. Gun looked cool, but I know nothing about it. I've heard Bully is fun, but know little about it. Blood Bowl this fall! What else?

Gun sucks, they're coming out with a new Red Dead Revolver game, kinda like a GTA western.
Bully's a fantastic GTA-lite with teens (no sex only kissing). But don't listen to me, I'm selling my Xbox (as you know) so I'm a bit jaded.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2009 00:56 #26667 by MattFantastic
If you have 3 friends that you'll be able to play with, by far the best video game experience I've had of the last few years (and that's saying a lot cause there have been some amazing titles out) is Left 4 Dead. It's probably the only game from the last 5 or 10 years that I can say is easily in my top 10.

Also fun:
Bioshock - easily one of the best games of the last few years
Assassin's Creed - it's short, but pretty fun for that time. It's not worth $60, but it's like $15 used now and definitely worth that
Prince of Persia - same as above pretty much
Sonic's Mega Collection (or something like that) - lots of old Sega games, retails for like $25, has the first two Shining Force games which is worth more than that alone
Oblivion - huge classic Western (as in US, not like six guns and shit) RPG
Orange Box is an awesome deal on some great games

Also I'm a big fan of Live Arcade - The new retro Mega Man is great, Catan is always fun to have on there, Assault Heroes 1 & 2, Geometry Wars II (the only must buy I think)

More
23 Apr 2009 01:42 #26671 by Count Orlok
drmabuse00 wrote:

Count Orlok wrote:

Now to hijack the thread, what are some good xbox 360 games? Halo 3 is pretty awesome, and I think I'm going to get that and a live account. Gun looked cool, but I know nothing about it. I've heard Bully is fun, but know little about it. Blood Bowl this fall! What else?

Gun sucks, they're coming out with a new Red Dead Revolver game, kinda like a GTA western.
Bully's a fantastic GTA-lite with teens (no sex only kissing). But don't listen to me, I'm selling my Xbox (as you know) so I'm a bit jaded.

It's cool, I appreciate all the comments I can get. I don't plan on running out and buying 20 games, but maybe one new one every few months. I really want to know what will be fun.

Is there any point in getting bully if I'll have GTA4?

More
23 Apr 2009 01:52 #26673 by Count Orlok
Also, what is good and on super-clearance? What are the best games that I can get for the cheapest?

More
23 Apr 2009 09:57 #26696 by Dr. Mabuse
Count Orlok wrote:

Is there any point in getting bully if I'll have GTA4?

I totally had a blast with Bully. There's just a different feel about Bully that got when playing it versus GTA, it's not a dark world you're inhabiting. Plus it's gotta cool coming-of-age story without being preachy or condescending.

More
23 Apr 2009 10:21 #26697 by lj1983
banjo & kazooie: nuts and bolts is pretty cool

its got a pretty in depth vehicle builder tool kit. basically a race game where you collect better and better pieces to build faster/cooler cars, planes, boats, helicopters, tanks, soccer ball kicking cars...etc.

not as deep as something like Forza, but pretty good if you don't want something quite as dry.

More
23 Apr 2009 11:10 - 23 Apr 2009 11:17 #26702 by moofrank
I actually liked Bully (and Saint's Row) better than GTA. The problem with GTA is all the sandbox crap they've added that invades the main game. And some of it is mandatory.

A much more fun and super clearance sandbox game is Crackdown. It is extremely bare bones....there are a couple of dozen bad guys in lairs and you kill them. Very little story.

But it is a game that lets you jump off a building, punch cars, and do it all with online co-op. A friend in the UK and I took out a single arena lair. I found a ramp that could jump the side of the arena to land square in the middle. He was standing on the hood of the car with a rocket launcher clearing us a landing space. Havok ensued.

Also Gears of War (both of them) and....Halo. Halo is a basic FPS, but the controls are still fast and smooth.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2009 11:17 by moofrank.

More
23 Apr 2009 11:37 #26707 by Not Sure
I played Bully on my PS2, I had lots of fun with it.

I liked it more than the GTA games, just because of the comedy in the setting. GTA is fun for me for a few hours, but I just get annoyed with the cheesy gangster crap. Bully has the same free-form world, but just feels a lot more fun.

It's got the great engine though, where if you think "I should be able to..." you probably can.

An example of that was the first time I got loose in the streets with a skateboard and thought "I bet I can grab rides on cars..." Well, of course you can. It's exactly the button you'd think. Smooth.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds