October 09, 2023
2477 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2682 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

F:AT ARMS TRADING #2 -- RESULTS POSTED!

More
06 Jun 2009 16:22 #31534 by Hex Sinister
Michael Barnes wrote:

I'd like to absolve the following F:ATties from assclownhood:

HEX SINISTER
METALFACE 13

They have complied with their obligations like champions.

Matt Loter's acquittal from assclownhood is still pending.

Metalface even gets bonus points for including a Faust CD that I didn't have. That's awesome, particularly since just yesterday I dragged out the Can and Neu! CDs. F:ATtie of the year?

Metalface was the guy who sent you the Information Society 12" remix tape. Maybe you can put that in your Reef Encounter box for the next trade.

Enjoy the CD and if you don't end up liking it then it's your duty to send it away to somebody in the next arms deal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2009 21:42 #31541 by metalface13
Michael Barnes wrote:

I'd like to absolve the following F:ATties from assclownhood:

HEX SINISTER
METALFACE 13

They have complied with their obligations like champions.

Matt Loter's acquittal from assclownhood is still pending.

Metalface even gets bonus points for including a Faust CD that I didn't have. That's awesome, particularly since just yesterday I dragged out the Can and Neu! CDs. F:ATtie of the year?

I included no such CD. Somebody else should get the props for that. But why was I ever on the assclown list?

More
07 Jun 2009 00:39 #31544 by Michael Barnes
Whoa, I almost wound up on the assclown list for mixign that up. You're right, it was Hex that put in the box with Gammarauders, not you. So he's F:ATtie of the year. Thanks Hex! And FYI- I love Faust...I saw their first ever show in the US many years ago. They played in front of a substation. They had a jackhammer. They were naked. The police shut the show down.

More
07 Jun 2009 15:40 #31549 by Hex Sinister
Michael Barnes wrote:

Whoa, I almost wound up on the assclown list for mixign that up. You're right, it was Hex that put in the box with Gammarauders, not you. So he's F:ATtie of the year. Thanks Hex!

You are quite welcome.

And FYI- I love Faust...I saw their first ever show in the US many years ago. They played in front of a substation. They had a jackhammer. They were naked. The police shut the show down.

Wow, that sounds like a great show except for the cops part. Fotunately, I got to see them too.

My real fantasy back then was to have seen Can with Damo or Malcom Mooney. That would have just ruled. One of my buddies got to see Damo at least - some freak out session or something. He says Damo waded through the crowd hugging everybody, including him. I'm quite jealous lol.

The only show I ever saw that got killed by the cops was Black Flag w/ Rollins. That really sucked because I had to sit through two or three forgettable opening bands including Greg Ginn's band Gone (who sucked) and then Black Flag got booted off like after two songs. It was wierd because they were at the height of their popularity (or so I thought) yet they played in this vacated house in residential Seattle to like 25 people. Neighbors were bitching about the noise and called the cops! The crowd was shouting for "Police Story". They split soon afterwards. Needless to say I was a teenager who hated cops.

More
07 Jun 2009 21:10 #31557 by Michael Barnes
I saw Damo a couple of years ago too...yes, it was kind of just an hour long psychedelic freakout. Pretty cool though.

The only other show I've ever been too shut down by the po-po was Crash Worship. Between audience members tearing their clothes off and throwing them into these burning oil drums, the gigantic gramaphone guitar amp shooting roman candles, fire, fire, and more fire _in an inside, upstairs venue_, I was actually kind of glad they shut it down.

The Faust show was part of this avant garde showcase...it was kind of a big deal, two nights. Faust headlined the second night, the first night it was Thurston Moore. Keiji Heino was one of the performers, I still have nightmares about his screaming.

More
07 Jun 2009 22:55 #31562 by MattFantastic
I've played quite a few shows that got shut down by the cops. Jerks.

More
09 Jun 2009 19:58 #31733 by MattFantastic
So I got Mr. Barnes package in the mail yesterday and sorry, but it's really a weak 7. Everything was alright inside (which is all that really counts) but fuck, it looked like that poor box had been kicked around the post office for the last couple of years. And then hit by a truck.

More
09 Jun 2009 21:43 #31736 by Michael Barnes
Wow...when I shipped it, it just looked like it had been hit by a truck...

More
10 Jun 2009 22:31 #31862 by Hex Sinister
I received DDSmith's Red November on Saturday which was in cherry condition. Thanks again DDSmith! Praise to Lord Humungous!

Michael Barnes avatar:

Mere Pseud Mag Ed.

That's cool. I'm jealous.

More
18 Jun 2009 15:22 #32478 by Hex Sinister
I got my copy of Alhambra from Ska Baron which is also in cherry condition. Thanks a lot bro. This completes all of my trades for this deal and everything went smooth as silk. Everybody was way cool.

Jeb, thanks a lot for putting this together for us all. You rock.

-Sinister

More
18 Jun 2009 15:30 #32481 by Ska_baron
Hex Sinister wrote:

I got my copy of Alhambra from Ska Baron which is also in cherry condition. Thanks a lot bro. This completes all of my trades for this deal and everything went smooth as silk. Everybody was way cool.

Jeb, thanks a lot for putting this together for us all. You rock.

-Sinister

Enjoy it good sir Sinister!

And thanks again to Jeb!

More
18 Jun 2009 15:33 - 18 Jun 2009 15:36 #32482 by jeb
I timed it really badly, sorry for all the ruckus at the end and the laaaaaaate shipping on my part. Everything is out now though, and I have received sexy sexy games from MattLoter, merkles, and lollocaust (with BONUS!). Thanks all! Update your personal tradelists and/or sigs with good traders!
Last edit: 18 Jun 2009 15:36 by jeb.

More
18 Jun 2009 19:47 #32509 by MattFantastic
Jeb rules. That is all.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds