October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

A suggestion for those going to WBC: "math trade"

More
18 Jun 2010 05:02 #66327 by daveroswell
I don't know if anyone is planning to sell games in the WBC auction. For those who are planning on doing so, be aware that those running the auction charge a 15% commission.

I will be at the WBC for a few days, and I'd love to trade some things if possible. I love most of my games, but I simply don't get to play most of them and would like to see my stuff get played.

Would anyone be interested in setting up some trades for WBC?

On a side note, I took a look at the tourney schedule and came to a glorious conclusion: with the exception of Can't Stop Wednesday night (I'm assistant GMing), I have very little interest in doing anything other than open gaming. I hope to game with "all the cool kids" this year...:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2010 06:06 #66331 by flim_flam
I will try to set some things aside to trade at WBC. I have pretty much done all my trades already this year, though

I'm going to be working the Z-Man booth so I doubt I will get to play any tourneys in this year. I'm always up for open gaming after the dealer hall closes. Last year Uba was passing out F:AT stickers to put on our badges so we could find each other. I hope she does that again.

More
19 Jun 2010 06:01 #66428 by KingPut
I should be there all week. I'm not really sure we have enough F:AT people at WBC to run a math trade.

My tournament schedule:

Ti3 = Wednesday, Thursday (9-2) and hopefully I'll make the finals Friday (9-5)

Caylus, I don't know if I'm going to defend my championship. Round 1 conflicts with Ti3 on Thursday so I'd rather play Ti3 than play Caylus and Round 2 is Saturday night which sucks because I'd rather get drunk and play Slapshot than play 6 hours of Caylus.

More
19 Jun 2010 12:14 #66441 by ubarose
I got nothing but crap left to trade anyway.

We'll be there pretty much all week as well.

More
19 Jun 2010 13:09 #66442 by daveroswell
Actually, my focus is probably more on playing games than trading at this point anyways. I'll be primarily in the open gaming area all week. Tournaments cut down on my quality gaming. I'm going to play Can't Stop Wed. night, but that's the only tournament I plan on definitely playing in this year.

More
19 Jun 2010 19:55 #66451 by Dogmatix
Only thing for trade that may be of interest here is Merchants of Venus

After that, I have about 40 wargames that I'm considering for the auction...

More
21 Jun 2010 15:01 #66566 by MattFantastic
I'm already trying to find out if the person who ran the math trade last year is doing it again, if not I'm going to run one cause I love me some trading.

Could work real smooth too since I'll be working the Zman booth and that makes for a nice spot where people can meet, and then buy lots of stuff.

More
21 Jun 2010 16:09 #66583 by Msample
Unless you can work out the final details of the math trade well in advance, it could be tough to get people to commit, as the auction usually runs out of available lots well in advance. For cheaper stuff, the auction store has no limit on how many items, you just have to have them pre-registered a couple weeks beforehand.

Dogmatix, Merchant of Venus would probably get a good price at the auction - many of the old AH games get closer to Ebay prices than other genres, like wargames, which are often more of a buyers market at WBC.

More
21 Jun 2010 22:53 - 21 Jun 2010 22:56 #66621 by Dogmatix
Msample wrote:

Unless you can work out the final details of the math trade well in advance, it could be tough to get people to commit, as the auction usually runs out of available lots well in advance. For cheaper stuff, the auction store has no limit on how many items, you just have to have them pre-registered a couple weeks beforehand.

Dogmatix, Merchant of Venus would probably get a good price at the auction - many of the old AH games get closer to Ebay prices than other genres, like wargames, which are often more of a buyers market at WBC.

I've spent a lot of money at the WBC auction over the last 3 years. What I'm hoping beyond hope is that T&T is there this year. Last year, there were *few* deals to be had because the dimwitws from the Toad were paying 30% over ebay prices for shit. I've got unsellable (on ebay) SPI flatpacks that they were coughing up $30-$40 for (like this copy of Dreadnaught that my wife has taken to calling "SellsNaught" since it's been here so long). I laughed out loud when they paid nearly $400 for GCACW On To Richmond--then borrowed the laptop of the guy next to me to get onto Noble Knight's site and buy a 70% unpunched copy for $200 right then and there.

If they aren't there, I suspect I'll be moving more of my games from the auction to the store simply to move them out of my basement.
Last edit: 21 Jun 2010 22:56 by Dogmatix.

More
22 Jun 2010 10:10 #66644 by Ska_baron
I have a few Euro-ish titles to get rid of if I end up making it up there...

Gheos, Through the Desert, Coloretto...

You know, THE GOOD STUFF.

More
22 Jun 2010 11:35 #66646 by Msample
Dogmatix wrote:

I've spent a lot of money at the WBC auction over the last 3 years. What I'm hoping beyond hope is that T&T is there this year. Last year, there were *few* deals to be had because the dimwitws from the Toad were paying 30% over ebay prices for shit. I've got unsellable (on ebay) SPI flatpacks that they were coughing up $30-$40 for (like this copy of Dreadnaught that my wife has taken to calling "SellsNaught" since it's been here so long). I laughed out loud when they paid nearly $400 for GCACW On To Richmond--then borrowed the laptop of the guy next to me to get onto Noble Knight's site and buy a 70% unpunched copy for $200 right then and there.

If they aren't there, I suspect I'll be moving more of my games from the auction to the store simply to move them out of my basement.

They weren't there two years ago and it was totally a buyers market. I was able to round out my collection with some stuff that had they been there, would have been beyond my comfort zone. As a seller, you want them there. As a buyer..not so much, although it can be entertaining to watch a bidding war. A few whiners have suggested that they not be allowed to participate because it drives prices out of reach for some.

Other than two years ago they have always been there and I don't see why they won't be this year. The only change is that they stopped renting a booth in the vendors area, no doubt because the stuff they bought on Tuesday and doubled the price on didn't sell come Friday. Big shock I tell ya....

More
16 Jul 2010 23:33 #68572 by Bienardo

More
17 Jul 2010 00:04 #68573 by ubarose
Thanks for the link

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.625 seconds