October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

BISCUITS AND GRAVY vs. BACON AND EGGS

More
08 Jul 2016 22:40 #229900 by Egg Shen
Biscuits and Gravy all the way.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some B&E...but when you have truly great biscuits and gravy it's magical. Part of the appeal for me is that in New England spotting biscuits and gravy on a menu is like coming across an albino squirrel under your bird feeder. At least that's the way it is in Rhode Island. People up here are scared of Southern cuisine.

Also, there are alot of people chiming in how hard it is to find good biscuits and gravy...well it's really easy for a place to fuck up eggs and bacon too. There is nothing worse than when you order eggs and bacon and you get two tiny, sad,bits of limp bacon and flavorless improperly cooked eggs. Might as well flushed yer money down the shitter.

Biscuits and gravy also gets the nod because I can't simply whip up an exceptional batch at home. I mean I could...I'm a great cook. However, that would be akin to a crackhead being able to make the tastiest crack ever on a moments notice. I'd be fucking dead in less than a month...

So yeah, biscuits and gravy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mutagen, Colorcrayons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 23:17 #229902 by dysjunct
As the nominal sad vegan, I opt for black coffee, followed by sipping water until noon to stay in a fast state.

More
09 Jul 2016 01:21 #229904 by dave
I'll let Ron Swanson present my vote:

More
09 Jul 2016 11:29 #229917 by ubarose
Biscuits and Gravy, but I have to either make them myself or wait until I'm visiting family down south to get them. What you get up here in NE is terrible.

A few years back Thirsty Man challenged me to find him some authentic American food, declaring that everything that he had eaten in America thus far was appropriated from other cultures. So we took him out for Biscuits & Gravy, and grits. He declared that both were dreadful. Although to be fair he ate the grits plain. I told him you need to smash up an egg in them, or drown them in butter, or both, but he would have none of that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
09 Jul 2016 11:35 #229918 by Gary Sax
Bacon and eggs UNLESS it's some legit biscuits and gravy somewhere good (and probably southern). The variance on biscuits and gravy is just too risky because bad biscuits and gravy makes me want to hurl.

More
10 Jul 2016 22:06 #229937 by Colorcrayons
Why fight? I say eat all of them for breakfast. I will also say that I've grown to appreciate turkey bacon, so I happily replace swine with that.

The only question that needs to be answered here is:
Vegans. Are they real people or just simulacrums?

More
10 Jul 2016 22:39 #229940 by Sevej
What's gravy?

More
11 Jul 2016 07:12 #229944 by JEM
In this context, basically flour and milk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sevej

More
11 Jul 2016 09:54 #229952 by Jackwraith

Colorcrayons wrote: Why fight? I say eat all of them for breakfast.

This would be my vote, too, if I wasn't already heavier right now than I've been in my entire life. I'm far more prone to eating just the protein these days (my GF is an anti-carber) and all of the arguments for properly-made biscuits also apply to the bacon (cut thick, not overcooked, crispy outside, but still some chewiness) and eggs (over easy, not dried on the bottom so they slide, yolks cooked enough to ooze, not splash; whole package preferably sitting on some hash browns or corned beef hash or pasta carbonara or...) But for pure food lust, I'd have to go with the biscuits and gravy. Or good grits.

Colorcrayons wrote: The only question that needs to be answered here is:
Vegans. Are they real people or just simulacrums?

Simulacra, please [F:AT Latin correcto-bot.]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
11 Jul 2016 18:54 #229982 by Colorcrayons
Latin corrections are always graciously accepted. Thanks. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds