Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Painting Minis, Print & Play and Other Creative Type Stuff.

TOPIC: DIY Tokens

DIY Tokens 09 Oct 2017 17:31 #255394

I seem to recall someone here made tokens for their copy of Silver Tower. I think it was Shellhead?

I ask because I'm thinking of making some tokens for D&D, for common monsters.
Subscribe to my game blog, The Rumpus Room.
sanildefanso.wordpress.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DIY Tokens 09 Oct 2017 17:49 #255396

Yeah, it was me. There are various websites out there selling blank wooden tokens as "wooden nickels," and I was buying them in sufficient bulk that they were costing me about $0.05 each, at least for the 1" tokens. Then I created sheets of scanned art for use on the tokens, and printing them off on high quality copy paper or even photo paper. I punched them out with craft store hole punch that cost like $8, then glued the pictures onto the tokens with a craft glue called Modge Podge. I ended up making more than 1,100 tokens for my D&D Ptolus campaign, which ran bi-weekly for four years. I can't imagine painting 1,100 miniatures unless that was my paid full-time job.

For Silver Tower, I found scans of the various heroes and monsters online, or scanned them right out of the rulebook. My one regret is that I used some 2" tokens for the boss monsters and a couple of special monsters, because those tokens were a little too large for the Silver Tower map grid. When I get around to doing those tokens over, I will probably go with 1.25" tokens or even 1.5" tokens.
  • Shellhead
  • D12
  • Thank you received: 2589
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

DIY Tokens 09 Oct 2017 19:11 #255404

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for. I have been using a combination of D&D Adventure System minis and Talisman characters. I'd like something a little more transportable.
Subscribe to my game blog, The Rumpus Room.
sanildefanso.wordpress.com
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds