Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Painting Minis, Print & Play and Other Creative Type Stuff.

TOPIC: What Minis Are You Painting?

What Minis Are You Painting? 19 May 2017 15:46 #248706

Thanks, Barnes. That will ultimately save me time over trying to brush it off. What a PITA. Oh well, lessons learned. Think I'll move to brush-on primer going forward.
MWChapel wrote: Euro's are trying to bring gaming to the level of competitive sports. Competition based on skill outweighs the basic theme driven escapism. Sport over entertainment.

Jeb wrote: If...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Minis Are You Painting? 19 May 2017 15:52 #248709

In addition to the likely humidity issue, it sounds like the primer also may have had trouble adhering to the plastic. Did you wash the sprues before painting?
  • barrowdown
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 206
Last Edit: 19 May 2017 15:53 by barrowdown.

What Minis Are You Painting? 19 May 2017 15:54 #248710

If I said yes, would you believe me? I guess I need to be more diligent about doing that.
MWChapel wrote: Euro's are trying to bring gaming to the level of competitive sports. Competition based on skill outweighs the basic theme driven escapism. Sport over entertainment.

What Minis Are You Painting? 19 May 2017 16:14 #248715

Michael Barnes wrote:
Is it super patchy and thin?
I thin it so it's a thin dirty white layer over everything. All of my Gorechosen figures were done that way, and all of my Shadow War figures as well.
  • hotseatgames
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Thank you received: 1269

What Minis Are You Painting? 19 May 2017 16:20 #248717

Well, a bath in Simple Green should strip any lingering release agent.

Some sprues do not need much, if any washing, other sprues need to be scrubbed a lot. I had a Chaos sorcerer where the paint was literally beading on the service and dripping off with no adhesion at all.
  • barrowdown
  • D6
The following user(s) said Thank You: stormseeker75

What Minis Are You Painting? 19 May 2017 16:22 #248718

These guys are all heading for a Simple Green bath so they'll be cleansed appropriately now! I hope this doesn't end up too poorly. The bright side is that I sprayed really light. Even if it's just the loose stuff that comes off, I'll be fine with it.

What Minis Are You Painting? 19 May 2017 16:30 #248719

Simple Green can strip most primers (the Krylon Fusion Barnes mentioned, I have had trouble stripping), so you should be good to go. I have had eBay minis that had been primed to the thickness and texture of toothpaste and they still come out clean after scrubbing.
  • barrowdown
  • D6

What Minis Are You Painting? 19 May 2017 16:53 #248723

Krylon Fusion has a little acetone in it. Don't panic, it isn't enough to damage anything. But it is enough for it it bond really well. I tried scratching some and it didn't come off like other spray paints. But yeah. Spray can be hard to get off with Simple Green- put them in a bowl and submerge them. Leave them in for DAYS. Scrub them every so often with a toothbrush. You won't get it all off, especially in tiny crevasses, but you can probably do enough to reprime VERY lightly.
  • Michael Barnes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank
  • Thank you received: 5346
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds