I made a Space Hulk copy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Painting Minis, Print & Play and Other Creative Type Stuff.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I made a Space Hulk copy

18 Oct 2009 14:01 #45003

I made a Space Hulk copy

After a lot of work, I'm proud to say that my home-made copy of Space Hulk, set in the StarCraft universe, is ready.

I don't want to repeat myself, so you can go read about it here : www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/453696
18 Oct 2009 15:55 #45007

Re:I made a Space Hulk copy

Other than the 'I don't like the style of the minis' I don't see the point in making your own copy of Space Hulk other than the miniature version made for portability by someone who already owned Space Hulk.

The price point issue is basically a load of bull as Space Hulk doesn't lose its value if it is taken care of and can be resold for the same or more than the game cost in the first place.

I checked a few of the links you had and they are directly to older editions of Games Workshop's Space Hulk rules and missions. At least consider going the extra mile and really retheming it, add some rules that are tailored to the Starcraft universe, and create some missions that reflect it.
Death to all meeples who oppose us
  • Mr MOTO
  • D6
  • Hulk smash cubes!!!!
18 Oct 2009 16:02 #45009

The price was a big issue for me. The box is really heavy, and since no one is importing this to Israel, I would have to pay over 60$ per delivery + up to 30% tax when it arrives (and they even tax you for the shipping cost, so it might go beyond the 200$ point).

And yes, what I made is a first edition copy. Mostly because when I started, there was no data available for the 3rd (i.e. the rules, missions, list of tiles etc').

Adding some specific rules/missions for the StarCraft universe is a good idea (I thought, for example, of getting the Protoss in somehow), but since I never played the original, I think I should play it first before coming up with my own ideas.
18 Oct 2009 16:13 #45010

So what we clearly need here is an affordable Space Hulk smuggling ring to Israel then.

Or maybe just someone to legally import it... But that wouldn't be as exciting.
Death to all meeples who oppose us
  • Mr MOTO
  • D6
  • Hulk smash cubes!!!!
19 Oct 2009 08:50 #45028

Well I think it looks pretty awesome. And if the miniatures don't satisfy you long term you can always shell out for some old 2nd edition SH figures on Ebay. Congratulations on all your hard work - hope you enjoy the game.
Oftentimes defeat is splendid, victory may still be shame;
Luck is good, the prize is pleasant but the glory's in the game!
  • MattDP
  • Shiny Balls
  • Number Of Fence
19 Oct 2009 09:56 #45033

If anyone is considering making a space hulk out of hirst blocks, Hirst has recently added a mold that adds a 1/4" mechanical looking border to the tiles. The larger sculpts didn't fit well on the old tiles so this addition is ideal.

just fyi.

Steve"PlasterMaster"Avery
19 Oct 2009 10:39 #45038

MattDP wrote:
Well I think it looks pretty awesome. And if the miniatures don't satisfy you long term you can always shell out for some old 2nd edition SH figures on Ebay. Congratulations on all your hard work - hope you enjoy the game.

Thanks.
I actually bought a couple of squads to replace the marines from:
www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Science_Fiction.html#aSFP4
but they'll need some paint before I can use them.
I didn't find any good (and cheap) replacement for the zerg. I'll try to look up the 2nd ed. Genestealers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.58 seconds
Text Size