October 09, 2023
2297 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2512 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Painting Minis, Print & Play and Other Creative Type Stuff.

Gaming List of Things to Do

More
17 Dec 2010 08:40 #82261 by Mr. White
In order:

Play Micro Mutants with my son and his cousins.

Finish painting a blood bowl team.

Polish protect all the blocks for RIII and Julius Caesar (I'm anal).

Perhaps talk the wife into trying out the 30min RIII scenario.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2010 08:47 - 17 Dec 2010 08:47 #82262 by Gary Sax
Merkles wrote:

Gary Sax wrote:

1) Continue to pray for a miracle and a call from a university for a job interview.

Wait. That's not gaming.

It's still early in the process for some schools. Heck, for my first position, I hadn't heard anything and it was late February/early March. I had finished my PhD, had a 1.5 year old and thought I'd be flipping burgers once my one-year position was done.

Then I get two calls for interviews...so it can work out later. Be sure to look at the smaller schools, too...and show how versatile you are and willing to be. That makes a difference sometimes. Of course, you might wind up in the boonies like me, but it is a job!

Hang in there--I'll be thinking of you..I know how that goes.

Yeah, thanks for the good will... Tenure track calls are mostly done for our discipline. I sent out 60+ applications so I cast the net pretty broadly. ;) Only school I've heard back from is Australian National University, so I guess it's possible I'd move to Canberra if I get lucky and get an interview and job. Some post docs are still up in the air too and haven't gotten back to people.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2010 08:47 by Gary Sax.

More
17 Dec 2010 08:52 #82263 by Stephen Avery
-Finish V2.0 (actualy like v2.999 because I'm so damn indecisive) of I game I'm working on.

-Upgrade the components to DartGun Desperado for ConCon.

-Paint some more minis.

-Build some more parts to my HirstArts Dungeon.

-Get at least 2 more playtests in.

-post some stuff on F:AT

Steve"Can't Wait"Avery

More
17 Dec 2010 08:56 #82264 by Gary Sax
Anyway, my gaming to do:

1) Play Runewars with some dudes tomorrow night
2) Play whatever is under the tree with the g/f
3) Play some Settlers w the g/f's family

More
17 Dec 2010 09:30 - 17 Dec 2010 09:33 #82266 by Sagrilarus
1. Figure out what's keeping Memoir '44 from running on my desktop PC so I can play against my boy who's suddenly taken keen interest in the game.

2. Sharpen up on the advanced rules for Bolide and for Dawn of World War II so that I can actually teach them.

3. Get notices out for the Game Night I'm running at the local library which was overlooked in all of their publications this winter.

4. Build a Pokemon TCG deck that can survive at least seven rounds against my boy's psychic deck.

5. Find a way to convince my game group that Imperial 2030 is a clever little 40-minute tile-matching game just long enough to get them roped into a play.

6. Get in a solo play of High Frontier, because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell I'll get ANYONE to think it's a clever little 40-minute tile-matching game.

S.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2010 09:33 by Sagrilarus.

More
17 Dec 2010 09:39 #82268 by Shellhead
dan daly wrote:

3. I've got a number of my buddies interested in trying out diplomacy. I need schedule a time and place for 7 people to play.

Trying to cut back on the number of buddies? Diplomacy should do the trick.

More
17 Dec 2010 09:55 #82270 by JoelCFC25
1. Re-doing my Dune build. I've got new cards from ArtsCow using ScottE's redesign on BGG, and I want to do player shields on thicker cardstock, using book binding tape for the folds. Have to figure out what to do for spice tokens. Last item will be printing the new map, then I'll be set for another Dune night later this winter.

2. Also putzing around with building a new Dune Vassal module using ScottE's art. I should probably contact him about that and see if he's OK with it.

3. Waiting for Neil Randall to send me all the final Kingdom of Heaven art, since I'll be doing that Vassal module.

4. Games during Christmas in Illinois with my brothers: War of the Ring, Hannibal, Titan, Cosmic Encounter, and maybe Friedrich. I'd love to play Android, but one of my brothers probably wouldn't have the patience to learn and try it.

More
17 Dec 2010 10:24 #82273 by dan daly
Shellhead wrote:

dan daly wrote:

3. I've got a number of my buddies interested in trying out diplomacy. I need schedule a time and place for 7 people to play.

Trying to cut back on the number of buddies? Diplomacy should do the trick.

I think they'll be able to handle it. One of them has played before (but not with me). I played in the FAT email game which was my first game of diplomacy in about 15 years. AWESOME GAME! We spend all this time talking about hypothetical holy grail games that would perfectly capture their theme, have simple rules, but incredibly deep strategy at the same time.....DIPLOMACY is that game. At least for me it gets its hooks into you and demands an emotional investment unlike any other board game.

More
17 Dec 2010 13:15 #82290 by Dr. Mabuse
JoelCFC25 wrote:

... Also putzing around with building a new Dune Vassal module using ScottE's art. I should probably contact him about that and see if he's OK with it...

Have you seen this person Ilya's Dune redesign . I think it looks better.

More
17 Dec 2010 16:24 #82301 by JoelCFC25
I've seen it. The steampunk-ish art is kinda cool, but I don't like the cards, and he's got a long way to go on wording and spelling (completely understandable since he's Russian).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds