October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
10 Nov 2015 21:59 #214726 by wadenels
Attack! Deluxe is back. I'm on the fence about it. It's $96 for the base game plus the new Deluxe expansion.

It looks like some things have been cleaned up. Attack! with the Deluxe Expansion has been something I've wanted to dig into for a long time, but the limited production of the Deluxe expansion and the exactly zero people I know who got into it means I've never played it. I'm tempted, but $96 shipped in the U.S. is pretty steep. On the other hand the Kickstarter implies that Eagle-Gryphon is selling out their remaining base game stock (for now) with this campaign. I believe that some of the people who worked on Axis and Allies worked on the original Deluxe expansion; I don't know if that's true for this new version.

Any thoughts? Anybody out there play Attack! with the Deluxe expansion? Worth playing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2015 22:38 #214728 by SuperflyPete
Is this that old very light war game? I had it and an expansion and it was OK. Don't know if it was the same.

LOTS OF SLAUGHTER. I gave it to a local buddy.

More
10 Nov 2015 22:51 - 10 Nov 2015 22:52 #214730 by Frohike
Sword & Sorcery shaped up very nicely. I dropped to $1 for now since the add-on bundles don't really make the EB that much of a deal. Bracing/budgeting for the later impact with the pledge manager.
Last edit: 10 Nov 2015 22:52 by Frohike.

More
11 Nov 2015 07:08 #214752 by chris@everythingepic.us
Backed TOO Much stuff in the last month or so lol....

Sword and Sorcery is one... snagged EB on that... also I'm a fan of Galaxy Defenders so I know the game will be good and tight to play.

Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain - Very EXCITED About this one!!! (Also talking to them about making a Secrets of the Lost Tomb VERSION of that!!!) Super Cool!!!

Cthulhu Wars : Onslaught Two - Couldn't decide between expansions... and I dont have 600 to drop today.. so I backed at $1 to choose later!

Scythe - Love the Art, Gameplay also looks fun... I like the idea of the Factory in the Center!

EXCEED - Card Fighting Evolution - Brad is a cool guy so I had to back it lol :P

The Others: 7 Sins - I love this theme.... the secret society against the Sins... Very similar to a screenplay I wrote and reminds of of SotLT as well... so.. I'm IN!

THE 7th CONTINENT - Because I Obviously follow the Crowd! lol

"Phonster" is the greatest holster for your essential needs! - Because I have a 5.7in Screen Phone and I thought this would be COOL to Wear with it!

That's it so far! :)

Anyone in the same ones I am?

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
11 Nov 2015 07:42 #214754 by drewcula
I too, back 7 Sins. I like the artwork A LOT, but the theme is a little silly IMO. Eric Lang has a spotty track record for me, so I feel like this one is a gamble. CitOW = Hit. Koasball = Miss. If 7 Sins doesn't live up to the love of Blood Rage (or even Arcadia Quest), I think I'll be able to sell it off for money invested.

Similarly, I backed Lobotomy. I'm only a dollar in thus far, but I need to make some decisions quickly as the pledge manager is quickly closing. I like the artwork A LOT, and I think the theme is crazy fun (see what I did there?).

I've been saving my pennies and selling my shelf toads - I'm going ALL IN for Cthulhu Wars. God help my marriage when the wife sees all the boxes... Not surprisingly, I love the artwork, but here's the truth; I think the theme is a little goofy.

I just received my package of Zipchips yesterday. Bought as a Xmas present for my granola brother, these little chips are flying disc alternatives. He'll dig 'em.

And as of yesterday, I'm backing WARPO's 'Don't Cuddle the Krampus.' It ain't game related, but I adore these guys. They make retro toys using industry insiders from the era they're satirizing. Quality stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris@everythingepic.us

More
11 Nov 2015 20:39 #214850 by cdennett
For those of you without a copy of Cthulhu Wars that are looking at the current KickStarter, CoolStuffInc just dropped the price of the base game to about $130 with free shipping, making a far better deal than the KS. Also, if you're already looking at spending at least $150 on expansions (well, and not the all-in $700), then just back at the $1 level and add your expansions while getting your game sooner and cheaper from CSI.

This has been a bad month for me and KS, when I had been doing so well the last 6 months or so...Scythe, Sword & Sorcery, Keep (I'm a sucker for all of the SmallBox games), and now CW may eat into any gains I've made earlier this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
11 Nov 2015 21:22 #214857 by drewcula
I've been watching CSI's Cthulhu Wars pricing since they started carrying it. Today's 20 dollar price drop is nice, but it needs to go down to $115 to break even with the KS 'Mysteries of the Worm' pledge. I don't own Cthulhu Wars yet, so the $700 pledge level is essentially getting me a copy of the first print run for $100. There's an average delivery cost differential of $15 between the $700 and the $600 level.

On the other hand, I could order from CSI now and have the main game next week. Plus, I'll be that much higher with my reward level.

Decisions...

More
11 Nov 2015 21:24 #214859 by hotseatgames
All of this has made me so happy that another person in my group dropped the cash on Cthulhu Wars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, Gregarius

More
24 Nov 2015 14:59 #215845 by mads b.
I just backed Tavarua which is a game about surfing. I know nothing about surfing and usually I prefer games where my dudes can kill someone or something, so this is not right up my alley. But it looks ... well, nice. And I also backed it because it looks like it might just make it so I'll actually be supporting a game rather than just preordering one.

Take a look here: www.kickstarter.com/projects/1438045410/tavarua/description

More
04 Dec 2015 14:13 #216563 by Bull Nakano
Just backed the new edition of Arcadia Quest. I was skeptical when the first version was on KS, it looked like it was just riffing on Super Dungeon Explore since SDE parted ways with CMON, but everything I've heard says it's a smash and grab team based Wiz-War like game, and Wiz War is an all time favourite. Even if it stinks there's a list of exclusives as long as my arm, so no risk.

More
04 Dec 2015 14:18 - 04 Dec 2015 14:19 #216565 by VonTush
The game is great. You'll be happy.
I actually skipped the first AQ KS for SDE...Regretted it as soon as AQ started shipping. Traded a Descent Expansion, Doom Expansion and something else to some guy up in AK for his pledge. Thought I was overspending at the time, turns out I got a deal with the prices they're going for now.

EDIT: This time around I skipped SDE and went AQ.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2015 14:19 by VonTush.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bull Nakano

More
04 Dec 2015 14:25 #216567 by charlest
'65: Squad Level Combat in the Vietnam Jungle from Mark H. Walker is getting my money.

I'm a sucker for Nam and the card activation system in combination with the absolutely beautiful art has pulled me in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vegasrobb

More
04 Dec 2015 16:06 #216588 by hotseatgames

Bull Nakano wrote: Just backed the new edition of Arcadia Quest. I was skeptical when the first version was on KS, it looked like it was just riffing on Super Dungeon Explore since SDE parted ways with CMON, but everything I've heard says it's a smash and grab team based Wiz-War like game, and Wiz War is an all time favourite. Even if it stinks there's a list of exclusives as long as my arm, so no risk.

Arcadia Quest is fun but I didn't feel like Wiz-War was in any way being channeled. Two totally different beasts.

More
17 Dec 2015 22:47 #217639 by Bookseller

VonTush wrote: The game is great. You'll be happy.
I actually skipped the first AQ KS for SDE...Regretted it as soon as AQ started shipping. Traded a Descent Expansion, Doom Expansion and something else to some guy up in AK for his pledge. Thought I was overspending at the time, turns out I got a deal with the prices they're going for now.

EDIT: This time around I skipped SDE and went AQ.

I have no experience with the first Arcadia Quest, but I did back Inferno. Does anyone have suggestions on what add-ons if any I should get to accompany the base game?

More
18 Dec 2015 01:56 #217643 by VonTush
The base pledge alone is a great value, so really you could stop there and have a lot of gameplay. From there anything with KS Exclusive and adds gameplay elements would be good and the Exclusive items will help it hold value. Pets will add the most with a new campaign (always nice) as well as the pets rules so you can put those pets from the base pledge to use. The dragons are something that I'll be getting as well. The character packs...I'm very iffy on right now. The $7 one I will, the others...I may just wait for retail later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bookseller

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds