October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
14 Jun 2016 08:29 #228919 by JEM

mads b. wrote: I just backed Madness At Midnight. Yes, it's another Lovecraftian game, but first of all this one has you playing the cultists, and secondly I designed the damn thing. (I pledged to be able to comment).

Congrats on getting funded!

I was thinking Massive Darkness was not doing so well, but I think it's already looking like crushing The Others in terms of final total. I don't know what they would do if, eg, a boss figure doesn't unlock for the associated mobs already unlocked- they'd be useless. I know it won't happen. Speaking of The Others, it looks like that is finally on its way. I'm hoping it's not going to be a Massive Disappointment.

Side note on Zombicide. Rue Morgue and Prison Outbreak better than Black Plague. BP has this awful "The rich get richer" element which ruins it for me. I might use spare dogz spawn cards to make modern necro spawns though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b., SuperflyPete, Frohike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2016 15:01 #229010 by Legomancer
Not a game, but I backed Enough Space For Everyone Else, an anthology of comics with a SF theme but which don't resort to tired-ass war/imperialism tropes. It looks good, has some good creators, and is priced right.

Enough Space For Everyone Else

More
24 Jun 2016 11:16 #229316 by metalface13
I haven't backed it yet, but Goodman Games' Mutant Crawl Classics kickstarter launched today and is already funded. www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/...rpg-mcc-rpg/comments

Supposed to be fully compatible with Dungeon Crawl Classics but it's more of a DCC version of Gamma World. Mutants, sentient plants and animals, robots and AI dominate a far flung post apocalyptic "Terra".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Almalik, allismom3, hotseatgames

More
24 Jun 2016 11:48 #229318 by hotseatgames
That is cool. I wish I had time / players for that kind of thing.

More
24 Jun 2016 12:00 #229320 by metalface13

hotseatgames wrote: That is cool. I wish I had time / players for that kind of thing.

Yeah, me too. Still ...

More
24 Jun 2016 16:48 #229334 by Mr. White
I only have experience with DCC, so I'm using hat experience when I say the following.

I'd guess whether on plays MCC or not the book will be an encyclopedia of incredible art worth the price.

Game play wise, the knock I have against DCC is that the modules are designed to be explored by large parties. They adventures are old school lethal, but being setup with each player running 3-4 characters is too much, imho. Not just funnel modules, but most require 8 or more pcs.

More
07 Jul 2016 11:29 #229800 by hotseatgames
I haven't pledged, and likely won't, but this one is groovy.... www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/e...?ref=category_newest

and everyone needs a bag, right? Right? www.kickstarter.com/projects/johnwrot/ga...?ref=category_newest

More
07 Jul 2016 11:44 - 07 Jul 2016 11:53 #229803 by Mr. White

hotseatgames wrote: I haven't pledged, and likely won't, but this one is groovy.... www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/e...?ref=category_newest

and everyone needs a bag, right? Right? www.kickstarter.com/projects/johnwrot/ga...?ref=category_newest

I know some of y'all think all the GW boardgames look the same, but seriously...that Evil Dead 2 game? looks no different than Ghost Busters, or TMNT, or Zombiecide, or any other minis stuffed, KS board game with squares on tiles. These all look like LNoE with different art to me.

And that bag!? what the.... seriously, my grocery store sells those for about $1.50. What about that cargo bag we joked about a few months back? Is there really this much or a market for gaming bags when you can get all sorts of bags on the cheap? Damn. Well, if rubes have been convinced to spend crazy amounts on ice coolers...I suppose this isn't any different.

I think i'm going to a start on the 'premier game shelf' market before it gets hot. You know $15 plastic walmart shelf unit..but get this...mine will be properly labelled for easy game organization. That's right...an official gaming shelf! Only $74.99 plus shipping.

Last edit: 07 Jul 2016 11:53 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JEM, Varys

More
07 Jul 2016 12:09 - 07 Jul 2016 12:10 #229808 by hotseatgames
Comic Sans, nice touch!

I totally agree on Evil Dead. I only mentioned it because Evil Dead is awesome, and so is Bruce Campbell.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2016 12:10 by hotseatgames.

More
07 Jul 2016 12:15 #229809 by Mr. White
Our first stretch goal will be a new font choice.
Add-on? You can get it in black for an additional $15

More
07 Jul 2016 13:07 #229811 by Legomancer

hotseatgames wrote: I haven't pledged, and likely won't, but this one is groovy.... www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/e...?ref=category_newest

Someone on Twitter pointed out the numerous red flags here.
"Licensed game loaded w/ minis, no rules or designer credit, 1st time pub"
"It's loaded w/ early bird specials and exclusive minis. Clearly, they want their money up front, not after people see product"

More
21 Jul 2016 15:14 #230584 by Mr. White
Tomorrow is the launch of the DreadBall 2 Kickstarter.
manticblog.com/2016/07/20/dreadball-2nd-...edge-level-contents/

I'm not sure Mantic needs to be kickstarting products at this point in their life cycle, but I expect this to end up a good deal with at least 4 teams in the base pledge when it's all said and done.

More
21 Jul 2016 22:16 #230607 by Space Ghost
I am interested in Dreadball 2, but I just got the shipment notification for Dungeon Saga (I pledged in the original KS). This massive delay has made me weary of going in on KS with Mantic again.

More
21 Jul 2016 22:26 #230608 by gversace
I just got the rest of my Dungeon Saga pledge earlier this week. The delay was embarrassing, but the product looks nice, at least, and I did get what I pledged for.

I think Dreadball is excellent, and I have a ton of teams for it, but lately it feels to me like Mantic is running kickstarters as a operating cash flow crutch. I don't want to be the one left holding the bag. I might pledge for a upgrade level if they offer, but I'm not sure I'll go for the full $100. That said, the new bases look to be a significant improvement, and I'm glad they increased the hex size on the board.

More
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds