October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

Latest You Tube videos watched and enjoyed...

More
01 Apr 2015 17:31 #200227 by Frohike
That Mad Max trailer looks like it cribbed too heavily from Borderlands, which cribbed from Mad Max.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2015 20:26 #200233 by Gary Sax

Not Sure wrote: I'm with Barney.

The entire thing looks like high-school folder drawings came to life, especially the flamethrowing guitar on the speaker truck. "Hey, skullface, is it okay for me to work on my speaker truck instead of carving your giant skull waterfall today? I sense a chase coming up, and I'd like to be ready...."

It might be batshit-crazy-fun watching (like Baz Luhrman for example), but I can't see anything else happening there.

I am reminded of the current posts in the What Movie thread which say "Looks like cut-scenes from a video game". Makes about as much sense, too.

Hardy might be a fine actor, but look how much time he has on-screen in this trailer. Good luck with that, bro.

It definitely looks like the logical modern continuation of the gonzo Beyond Thunderdome. Which isn't the worst thing in the world, IMHO, no one is going to be able to remake the spare Road Warrior today.

More
04 Apr 2015 13:32 #200327 by MacDirk Diggler
Bump. Taking spam off front page recent topics

More
12 Apr 2015 13:56 #200692 by Black Barney
ugh, this thread took forever to necro. Thanks to Alistar for bumping it so I didn't have to dig even further.

I got featured in a Magic 2015 clip of a guy that has a channel. He's awesome and funny, love Newfoundlanders to begin with but this guy rocks.

More
13 Apr 2015 14:04 - 13 Apr 2015 14:06 #200744 by ChristopherMD
Nevermind, video won't play.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2015 14:06 by ChristopherMD.

More
13 Apr 2015 15:20 #200748 by ThirstyMan
Video's fine.

Browser settings Mad Dog?

More
13 Apr 2015 15:28 #200749 by ChristopherMD

ThirstyMan wrote: Video's fine.

Browser settings Mad Dog?

When I pressed play a message came up saying the YouTube user doesn't allow viewing on other websites.

[/quote]

More
13 Apr 2015 15:46 - 13 Apr 2015 15:47 #200750 by ThirstyMan
No, I definitely don't get that and I am playing directly from this site.

I do get that message for the video you just posted BTW
Last edit: 13 Apr 2015 15:47 by ThirstyMan.

More
13 Apr 2015 15:57 #200751 by ChristopherMD

ThirstyMan wrote: I do get that message for the video you just posted BTW

Which is why I deleted it and wrote Nevermind. I guess you thought I was talking about Barney's video.

More
14 Apr 2015 11:52 #200776 by Black Barney
go to 1:12:29 and watch him do the Ready Whip thing in front of Andy Dick of all people. I couldn't stop laughing.

The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
14 Apr 2015 15:43 #200782 by engelstein
Stephen Hawking sings Monty Python's "Galaxy" song.

which I used to get a question right on a Cosmology exam in college ("What's the diameter of the Milky Way" IIRC).

More
14 Apr 2015 16:08 - 14 Apr 2015 18:21 #200784 by Disgustipater

Black Barney wrote: I couldn't stop laughing.

I don't get it.
Last edit: 14 Apr 2015 18:21 by Disgustipater. Reason: Clarity

More
15 Apr 2015 10:42 - 15 Apr 2015 10:52 #200800 by Black Barney
yeah, there a few layers to it (classic Norm). First of all, he's insinuinating that by making the motion (which of course is obviously spraying Ready Whip into his own mouth) that Andy Dick will naturally assume he's making a motion of "sucking someone's focking c0ck", already that is hilarious to begin with. But then when he starts adding a motion of anal finger blasting to further muddy the idea of what he's doing....oh man... it's just so goddamn hilarious I can't take it. I love Adam (his punching bag that sits on his left) also not being able to handle it and doing the motion himself while cracking up, "what are you doing??"

i just love Norm Macdonald, the guy's a genius

btw, if anyone wants some great dinner entertainment, I highly recommend watching that 2 hour clip in parts. There is so much gold in there and it's a blast to watch the various guests trying to maneuver their way through these jokes (Larry King was really fun as an example).
Last edit: 15 Apr 2015 10:52 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
16 Apr 2015 00:53 - 16 Apr 2015 00:54 #200844 by Disgustipater

Black Barney wrote: yeah, there a few layers to it (classic Norm).

I understood exactly what he was doing and how it applied to Andy Dick, I just didn't understand why it was funny. But considering some of the other jokes in that video, I'm guessing Norm McDonald is not for me.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2015 00:54 by Disgustipater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
16 Apr 2015 01:24 - 16 Apr 2015 01:27 #200845 by OldHippy

Black Barney wrote: i just love Norm Macdonald, the guy's a genius

I'm in the same boat, he has the best SNL monologue of all time, best weekend update host, best talk show guest, the best roast set (for Sagat) and is incredible live as well. I've seen him five times now and each time has been a unique and amazing experience.

Here's the SNL monologue ...

and an appearance on Miller..

God I've watched his Conan, Miller and Letterman appearances more times than I can count. I think growing up in Ontario helps me... people from Ontario and Quebec get Norm's delivery a little better than most. There's a local inflection going on that can be quite specific. It's even more obvious in his live sets which can be rambling and story teller like, or one liner focused or even interactive. Some of his Twitter stories are fucking great too. This Robin Williams tribute got a tear out of me:

It was my first stand-up appearance on Letterman and I had to follow the funniest man in the world.
I was a punk kid from rural Ontario and I was in my dressing room, terrified.
I was on the phone to a friend back home when the funniest man in the world ambled by.
There was no one else on the floor. In shock, I told my friend who just walked by. Only the funniest man in the world.
I guess he heard me say his name, cause in an instant he was at my side.
He was a jewish tailor, taking my measurements. He went down on his knees, asked which way I dressed.
I told my friend on the phone that the funniest man in the world was on his knees before me, measuring my inseam.
My friend didn't believe me so I said, "Could you talk to my friend, sir.
The funniest man in the world took the phone and for ten minutes took my friend's chinese food order.
I laughed and laughed and it was like I was in a dream because no one else was there. No one.
The place was out of Moo Shoo Pork, and there was nothing he could do about it.
He angrily hung up on my friend and I was about to thank him when he said I hadn't even tried the jacket on.
Then the funniest man on earth dressed me, a complete stranger, and i remember he ended with a windsor knot.
He spoke mostly yiddish, but when he finished he was happy with his job and turned me to a mirror to present myself to me.
No one witnessed any of this. No one.
The funniest man alive was in my dressing room a good half-hour and was far funnier than the set I had to do soon.
All of a sudden it was, 'had to'.
When he left my dressing room, I felt alone. As alone as I ever remember feeling.
Until today.
Unacceptable.

Last edit: 16 Apr 2015 01:27 by OldHippy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds