October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What game are you FANTASIZING over?

More
23 May 2013 11:38 #152714 by repoman

Erik Twice wrote: I got you all beat. I'm salivating over 1843, which is Clearclaw's variation on 1830.

The first player selection sub game is worth the price of admission alone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2013 11:58 #152715 by Black Barney
I fantasize over Android: Netrunner. I don't own it nor have I ever played it but I think I would absolutely love it from everything I've heard so far.

More
23 May 2013 12:01 #152716 by moss_icon
Definitely Netrunner. Would play this every day if I could.

More
23 May 2013 13:00 #152721 by stormseeker75
Agreed. I just bought a core and all the data packs because there was supposedly a group around here that plays. I went to the meetup and I was the only one there. Fucking awesome.

So if anyone wants Netrunner cards, I'm willing to part with them.

More
23 May 2013 13:23 #152723 by Erik Twice
Don't give up so fast mate! Perhaps something happened. Try again :)

More
23 May 2013 13:30 #152725 by Columbob

Black Barney wrote: I fantasize over Android: Netrunner. I don't own it nor have I ever played it but I think I would absolutely love it from everything I've heard so far.

You actually said that back on page 2. Granted that's from last month, I guess somebody's responsible for resurrecting this thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
28 May 2013 08:07 #152966 by Amontillado
I'm damned interested in the buzz over Merchants of Venus, though I can't begin to tell you why. I know nothing about it.

More
28 May 2013 11:39 #152969 by Black Barney

Columbob wrote:

Black Barney wrote: I fantasize over Android: Netrunner. I don't own it nor have I ever played it but I think I would absolutely love it from everything I've heard so far.

You actually said that back on page 2. Granted that's from last month, I guess somebody's responsible for resurrecting this thread.

hehe, whoops! I totally don't remember typing that. You have a better memory than me :(

More
28 May 2013 14:02 #152978 by Da Bid Dabid

stormseeker75 wrote: Agreed. I just bought a core and all the data packs because there was supposedly a group around here that plays. I went to the meetup and I was the only one there. Fucking awesome.

So if anyone wants Netrunner cards, I'm willing to part with them.

This is a lie, he will offer to trade than back out after you drive to his house. Also based on the results of playing... you should prolly end up dropping em bud.

I'm currently freakishly obsessed with Dune. I seriously want to play it every day and am bitter than I can not. I will dedicate these energies toward improving my player screens with improved Kamara and faction power summaries and trying to decide if we should allow worm riding Fremen to claim ornithopters.

More
28 May 2013 14:14 #152984 by Columbob

Black Barney wrote:

Columbob wrote:

hehe, whoops! I totally don't remember typing that. You have a better memory than me :(

Nah, I just read it more recently. Or you could just be REALLY fantasizing over it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
28 May 2013 15:51 #153004 by metalface13
Blood Bowl. Jeff White and I are about to start up a mini Blood Bowl league (was supposed to start tonight, but had to be delayed ... and it's all my fault!). Now I'm obsessing about Blood Bowl. Playing the Xbox game a little bit, reading tactics articles, looking at minis conversions and fantasizing how I'd build a human, high elf or dark elf team from Warhammer Fantasy plastic minis. One player is loaning me a team, but I've been looking at teams online, on ebay and yes the conversions. I'm getting raised eyebrows from the wife and questions on price.

And yes, it's totally ridiculous that it costs $50 to buy a Blood Bowl team from Games Workshop (which are going out of print at that). And all the alternative fantasy football minis I've found really aren't any cheaper. Blood Bowl really doesn't need to even be a miniatures game, you can play with tokens. First edition had cardboard stand ups, I believe. They don't need to be metal and they certainly don't need to be $50.

More
28 May 2013 16:32 #153009 by Da Bid Dabid
When is anyone not fantasizing about Blood Bowl?

I've made DE and HE teams out of plastic box sets... I'm sure they are different sets now but its not too tough. A few greenstuff balls, some hand conversions, and extra spikes or capes on blitzers and you are good to go.

More
28 May 2013 17:44 #153014 by metalface13
My plan for High Elves would be to get a box of Shadow Warriors to use the legs, heads and arms; get some spearman torsos for line elves, get some lion warrior torsos for catchers, dragon princes torsos and heads for blitzers and then cobble something together for a thrower.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds