October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What BEVERAGE are you drinking?

More
11 Apr 2014 15:17 #175640 by Not Sure
The Sam Adams Rebel IPA is a genuine fucking hop monster.

There is no escape, you will all be Oregonized.

(yesterday I had some awesome wines at a couple of tastings. serious snobbery, so I'll shut up.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2014 15:32 #175643 by Egg Shen

Mad Dog wrote: I look at beer the same way I look at food. Its all in the quality of the ingredients and how well its prepared. I don't want to eat McDonald's or Burger King and don't want to drink PBR or Natty Ice. I'd rather get something that I at least have a chance of enjoying. I don't care if that makes me a food/beer snob. Its my choice to make.

I get this when it comes to mixing drinks and food. Crap goes in, crap goes out. If I'm making a Vodka Gimlet I want to use a great brand of Vodka. I'd rather eat a ribeye from a steakhouse rather than some piece of overcooked leather at Apple Bees.

However, with beer it doesn't seem to matter as much to me. I can drink Miller High Life, Natty Ice, Coors Light...they all go down easy. They don't wow me, but I'd drink it. If someone offered me one I wouldn't turn my nose up at it. I've come across more craft beers that are borderline undrinkable than I ever have with the mass produce stuff like Bud or Coors.

Also, for Jay718 who besmirched the good name of 'Gansett' beer at Conn Con...I offer you this:

Go watch Jaws...Quint is ripping on Gansett beers (with the pull tabs!) throughout the whole damn film. If it's good enough for an imaginary shark hunter...it's good enough for me.

More
11 Apr 2014 17:30 #175652 by ThirstyMan
Lee, give it a fucking rest for god's sake.

More
11 Apr 2014 22:29 #175684 by jay718
I love a good beer, bourbon, or tequila. That being said, I'm the kind of guy who if out on a tear might enjoy 20+ drinks in a night when you factor in shots ordered with beers. I like to start out with something nice. If I'm having dinner, perhaps a manhattan or an old fashioned or two before the food comes, and a few beers when it does. Afterwards, I'll have a digestif such as Fernet Branca or a nice bourbon neat. The same goes for just a night out drinking. I'll start out with a nice draught or a top shelf bourbon or tequila for my first few.

From there on in its bud bottles and Jim beam shooters if I'm not on the tequila of course, in which case it's generally sauza blanco. That usually carries me through til the wee hours. My favorite beer for the last year or so and a best seller in two of my three bars is a German black lager by the name of Kostritzer. It's black as hell, comes in a sexy glass that it basically sells itself in, and for a black beer, is light enough that it goes with anything. Try it if you get a chance. Also, Narragansett and Yuengling are fucking garbage. And apparently schweig is a cunt.

More
11 Apr 2014 22:34 #175687 by Gary Sax
Drinking Dale's Pale Ale. Love it. High gravity pale ale with just the right balance of tasty hops and drinkability. It doesn't pretend to be an IPA.

More
11 Apr 2014 22:59 #175692 by wadenels
Kostritzer is fantastic. I've slurped many of those in a little Saint Paul German place.

More
12 Apr 2014 02:04 #175698 by tin0men
My wife just dropped off a 'paleo' margarita:
2oz of Sauza Blanco
juice of a lime
stevia to taste,
over a double old fashioned glass filled with ice, and topped-up with soda water.
garnish with a wedge of the lime peel, and you've got rather a tasty 'adult lime-ade'

I love this woman!

Biggest hurdle these days is we just finished moving into a new home, and haven't found the box with the CO2 cartridges & cart-holder for the soda-charger! :S

More
12 Apr 2014 06:49 #175700 by Gary Sax
My friend introduced me to the no mix margarita, I'm never going back. Just gotta be careful as they are a real ass kicker.

3 part good tequila (this is key, since there's no sticky ass sugar in the drink)
2 part triple sec
1 part lime juice

Voila.

More
12 Apr 2014 08:28 #175704 by wadenels

Gary Sax wrote: My friend introduced me to the no mix margarita, I'm never going back. Just gotta be careful as they are a real ass kicker.

3 part good tequila (this is key, since there's no sticky ass sugar in the drink)
2 part triple sec
1 part lime juice

Voila.

That's how I make mine, which is rare. For the lime juice I use those plastic frozen cans of Minute Maid juice and make a big batch.

More
12 Apr 2014 11:24 #175718 by skrebs
I kickstarted some artisan strawberry and lime Kool-Aid. Can't wait to flip it on eBay.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds