October 09, 2023
2457 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Baba Booey Baba Booey

More
23 Oct 2014 10:48 #189167 by Black Barney
Hey, any Stern fans here? I absolutely love the guy. Was listening this morning at 6am driving to 24-hour pharamacy cuz my little girl woke up sick for the first time ever and it freaked her right out.

Turn on the Sirius radio and there is Richard & Sal (my favourites) pranking Tradio. Heaven.

Caught a bit of the Shatner interview where he was saying he doesn't masterbate anymore. Did anyone catch why that was? Is he impotent now? That must be it, no?

Anyway, I love Stern and was in the car market cuz I might be losing my car in a settlement and was looking at the Prius and I think I had chosen an option package only based on the mags it included and the Sirius radio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, OldHippy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2014 11:00 #189170 by 433
Replied by 433 on topic Re: Baba Booey Baba Booey
I've been a fan of Stern since I first heard of him. I read "Private Parts" and "Miss America", and saw the movie before he ever broadcast in the Twin Cities (which he did only for about a year). I watched the "E!" show, but it was too many celebrity interviews and not the part that I like the best, the pranks and the news.

Flash forward to March of this year, and our new car has Sirius XM radio with a year's free subscription. I fell right back into it, and was really impressed:

1) His interviews have really improved. Stern and Craig Ferguson are the best, most entertaining interviewers working today. Howard's interviews with Anderson Cooper and Bill Murray are amazing.
2) He has a lot more A-list celebrities showing up to promote films or television shows, but really opening up and giving great interviews rather than the crap they do on "Today" or "The View".
3) Jackie Martling is gone. This is the single greatest thing for the show. He sucks the humor out of everything he touches. Howard threw him a bone and gave him a show of his own, "Jackie's Joke Hunt", which is pure shit.

More
23 Oct 2014 13:56 #189183 by Black Barney
The Lady Gaga interview blew me away. I'm not a fan of hers at all and hearing that interview just opened up a ton of stuff. I remember his first interview of Juliette Lewis (who I used to crush on) back in the day even. The way he gets Shatner to reveal stuff on Nimoy and Takei just like that without ever being mean-spirited or anything, it's amazing.

He interviewed Fred Armisten last week and I was glued to the interview. He's not even someone I'm overly fond of or anything but you just can't turn away.

The pranks are my favourite too. Ever hear Richard Christy's prank calls to the Stern show itself (it's how he got the job!). He would prank one of the interns and leave messages on his voice mail, "hi this is the head f@g of the playgirl mansion..." lol

I hated Jackie. I never liked Jackie. When they replay old Stern clips on Mammory Lane, I can't stand him. Who replaced him, Artie? I could listen to Artie crack up at the prank call segments all day.

Yeah, he was just talking last week about how celebrities that want to talk about an issue prefer Stern cuz they have 45-60 uninterrupted minutes to talk. Whereas I think they get 3-6 minutes on the big broadcast shows. Maybe 8.

You find Ferguson good? I was never a fan but I've never even seen one of his interviews. I wonder if he's miffed that they gave the Late Show to Colbert.

More
24 Oct 2014 09:30 #189227 by 433
Artie Lange, yeah. He was on for a good number of years before his addiction got the best of him and he headed off to get treatment. He was a marked improvement, though, yes. Now that role is filled by Benji Bronk, who will rarely say anything, he just passes jokes on to Howard and Robin.

Ferguson is fantastic. His monologue is unscripted, and his interviews are just conversations. He does crazy shit, like having a gay robot skeleton puppet as a sidekick, is unabashedly nerdy (
), and as a former addict himself, has made a choice not to joke about other people's problems with drugs and alcohol. (
)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
24 Oct 2014 10:00 #189229 by Black Barney
oh god, I hate Benjy. Did you hear the wrap-up show where he was asking Morgan Freeman (I can't remember if it was Morgan but it was someone of that stature) thw worst questions cuz he was nervous? Morgan was talking about some person he knew who had died and was giving perspective and Benji had missed who it was that had died so then when Morgan starts talking about his son, Benji goes, "oh, that was your son who had died?" and Morgan was totally taken aback like, "what? No! My son is fine." and it was so awkward and cringe-inducing.

man, a lot of these guys are going to have a heart attack when Howard retires. Did you hear the prank they did on the staff when they pretended Howard was leaving radio? Sal was crying like crazy, it was hilarious.

I'll listen to those Ferguson clips later, thanks for digging them up. I have a feeling I will really like the 2nd one.

More
24 Oct 2014 15:35 #189259 by allismom3
Replied by allismom3 on topic Re: Baba Booey Baba Booey
Love the show. I was lucky enough to win tickets to the Birthday Bash in January- it was a very cool experience. I was also a big fan of Artie, the show lost something when he went away. Although I do have to say with the recent guest list- Neil Young, Robert Downey, Bill Murray the show has been on a upswing.

More
24 Oct 2014 16:28 #189263 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: Baba Booey Baba Booey
PRIUS?!

Jesus H. Christ!

If this is where Canada is headed, god help us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, Black Barney

More
25 Oct 2014 02:37 #189288 by Hex Sinister
I never really followed Stern but homeless hollywood squares was amazing. Truly in bad taste but hilarious. That poor Underdog Lady lol.

More
25 Oct 2014 11:48 #189294 by Black Barney

repoman wrote: PRIUS?!

Jesus H. Christ!

Yeah, it's not something that your heart wants you to get (as opposed to something like a Tesla roadster) but the brain loves it. The car barely depreciates and is super cheap to own. It just makes a ton of sense. I'm going to go full-blown chick-repelled and get it in lime green too, lol.

I'm going to put really nice mags on it and synthetic leather seats just cuz it'll be hilarious to see a Prius with fancy wheels

More
25 Oct 2014 12:04 #189295 by Black Barney
433, that second clip was fantastic. You've made me like and respect Ferguson just like that. Nice job :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433

More
27 Oct 2014 10:58 #189375 by 433

Black Barney wrote:

repoman wrote: PRIUS?!

Jesus H. Christ!

Yeah, it's not something that your heart wants you to get (as opposed to something like a Tesla roadster) but the brain loves it. The car barely depreciates and is super cheap to own. It just makes a ton of sense. I'm going to go full-blown chick-repelled and get it in lime green too, lol.

I'm going to put really nice mags on it and synthetic leather seats just cuz it'll be hilarious to see a Prius with fancy wheels

The wife and I just traded in our 21MPG SUV for a Fiat 500 Sport this March, and I gotta tell you, when yokels in six-wheeled F350s and Hummers look down their nose at you, just remembering that you have a hot wife AND are paying less than $30/week in gas makes you feel just fine.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds