October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What have you been EATING lately?

More
09 Apr 2017 02:23 - 09 Apr 2017 09:48 #246209 by Cranberries
We've been going to Vietnamese sandwich shops and sushi places lately. Even though this is suburban Utah, it has been pretty good.

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Apr 2017 09:48 by Cranberries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2017 03:06 #246211 by Hex Sinister
The future father-in-law took us out to this foo foo pizzeria last week. I had an open faced calzone with scant toppings. SIXTEEN DOLLARS for this fucking thing. No leftover for later because it's not very big. I mean it wasn't bad but what a waste of fucking money. Papa Murphy's Cowboy with garlic sauce, sub the onions for pineapple is better, cheaper, and I can have leftover slices like 3 times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
09 Apr 2017 03:54 #246213 by Frohike
But... that's not artisanal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister, Black Barney

More
09 Apr 2017 04:58 #246214 by Disgustipater
A lot of crepes.

More
09 Apr 2017 09:49 #246219 by Cranberries
Food trucks arrived in Utah county and have peaked. For the most part they're overpriced and not very good.

More
09 Apr 2017 10:13 - 09 Apr 2017 10:42 #246221 by Gary Sax
Had some chilaquiles in Flagstaff that were very good. See if I can get a picture in a minute.

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Apr 2017 10:42 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
09 Apr 2017 13:19 - 09 Apr 2017 13:21 #246228 by Black Barney
Oh boy Gary, you better buckle your seatbelt......

Pfffft, who am I to talk anyway, I'm posting this from Boston Pizza. You know how when you are waiting for your food to arrive and there's a tingle of excited anticipation? Yeah, I'm having none of that.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2017 13:21 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
09 Apr 2017 13:28 #246229 by Hex Sinister

cranberries wrote: Food trucks arrived in Utah county and have peaked. For the most part they're overpriced and not very good.

They hit my area a while back, to my surprise. I keep telling myself I'm going to go to one and never do. I don't think they did very well here though. I feel like there are less of them or maybe they are just invisible to me now.

And you can throw a rock and hit a random Pho place. Man, I never tried that either and I love noodles.

Chilaquiles I never heard of. I always order the same thing when I go to a mexican joint, always. I don't know much about mexican food so I stick to "number eleven". Enchilada, tamale, chile relleno. Mmmm.. I love it. That looks good though.

More
09 Apr 2017 17:23 - 09 Apr 2017 17:34 #246243 by Michael Barnes
Food trucks are the worst food trend since tapas. Utterly shit food made to look hip and trendy, served out of a cute truck made to look all artisinal and "craft". And it's just fucked up shit- grilled cheese with sriracha aioli and IPA-infused tapenade. Nothing approaching real cooking, just a bunch of gimmick crap and whatever is trendy at the time.

The only one that is any good in Atlanta is this cupcake one. There used to be this good one that did Korean buns but they turned into an actual restaraunt.

As for actually eating, we've been going to this Chinese place called rather hilariously Masterpiece. It is a REAL Sichuan place run by a genuine Sichuan chef- not the usual Chinatown-style greaseball brown sauce stuff at all. This dude does these INSANE dumplings, they are just the best ever. And they are always different. Lots of interesting stuff- really love this dry-fried eggplant with pepper ash he makes. The place is weird as hell though, it feels kind of like eating in a drug store and it's out in the middle of nowhere next to a random gas station. The people are nice but barely speak English so there is sometimes a struggle to order.

Still missing NYC food...especially this organic sushi and ramen place I ate at twice in three days. Holy crap this place RULES but I can't remember it's name, it's over by MOMA. Also La Mela in Little Italy- old timey family style Italian-American- the perfect gnocchi. My other favorite is this little Italian counter in Chelsea Market. They have my favorite slice of pizza in NYC- straciatella and arugula. OMG that taste. They do a a pasta with the straciatella that is also great. Place is insanely cheap- a slice is like $2, 1/4 of pasta is $3. And they have San Pelligrino Chinotto, a bitter orange drink I adore.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2017 17:34 by Michael Barnes.

More
09 Apr 2017 18:23 #246244 by Black Barney
I stopped by a random place in NYC and it's still the best pizza I've ever had

I had KFC tonight and I'm already in the men's room. Booth appreciates these updates
The following user(s) said Thank You: boothwah

More
09 Apr 2017 18:25 #246245 by Michael Barnes
Yeah, it's pretty easy to get a good slice anywhere. There are some places that are better than others though. One day a couple of years ago my wife and I just wandered around and stopped at every pizza joint and tried one cheese slice. None were bad.

More
09 Apr 2017 18:28 #246246 by the_jake_1973
I made chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and provolone on Friday. Seriously good.

Today is brown sugar and mustard glazed ham with honey-ginger carrots in brown butter and mashed potatoes.

More
09 Apr 2017 21:13 #246256 by dysjunct
Linguine with homemade puttanesca sauce (sans anchovies). Pretty great.

Settling the matter with a few fingers of Templeton Rye on the rocks. Sweet and spicy; the ice backs it off just enough.

More
09 Apr 2017 21:18 #246258 by metalface13
I haven't eaten it yet, but I made mascarpone cheese today. Well I guess it's not technically a "cheese" but you get it. Gonna put it on a pizza with some fresh mozzarella, prosciutto and pesto tomorrow.

More
09 Apr 2017 22:24 #246260 by Sevej
On Saturday I failed to reach a workmate's son's wedding. So i turned back and we ate cheap food in a pretty nice looking joint. The food looks like this:

Basically beef meat with mushroom cream sauce over rice. And egg. It was pretty nice. My wife at one with rendang (which was dubbed one of the most delicious food in the world). It's basically beef with coconut & spice sauce. Usually it's wet but this one's dry.

Despite how it looks this one's actually pretty tasty, but a little too hot for me.

(not my pictures)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Jexik

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds