October 09, 2023
2448 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2648 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What have you been EATING lately?

More
12 Apr 2017 13:22 #246425 by stormseeker75
That jackfruit nonsense tastes like the dick of a day old dog. It's horrendous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2017 15:32 #246427 by boothwah

stormseeker75 wrote: That jackfruit nonsense tastes like the dick of a day old dog. It's horrendous.

WAIT! You ate a puppy penis?

More
12 Apr 2017 16:36 #246430 by Black Barney
let's be honest here, who hasn't

More
12 Apr 2017 19:50 - 12 Apr 2017 19:52 #246436 by Sevej
Yesterday a senior co-worker got me to a fried duck joint. He always pay for me (except when I got promoted). Sorry for the blurry pic.

This is half of juvenile duck with green sambal (chili), tahu (somekind of tofu), and tempe (made by a natural culturing and controlled fermentation process that binds soybeans into a cake form). All fried. The rice (with fried onion on top) is a traditional food, steamed rice cooked in coconut milk. Garnished with tiny amount lemon basil and cucumber. If you see carefully, all were laid on top of banana leaf.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2017 19:52 by Sevej.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, Gary Sax, Cranberries, SebastianBludd

More
12 Apr 2017 20:06 #246439 by Michael Barnes
We have Tempeh...it's good. Take the duck off that banana leaf and it's what I want for dinner tonight!

But having macaroni and cheese. :-/

More
12 Apr 2017 22:56 #246443 by Sevej
Please don't eat banana leaf.

More
12 Apr 2017 22:57 #246444 by Black Barney
Eat rhubarb leaf

More
13 Apr 2017 00:05 #246447 by KingPut
Jícama is crunchy like celery or an apple with only 38 cal per 100 g. It's a good source of dietary fiber. It is composed of 86–90% water; Its sweet flavor comes from the oligofructose inulin (also called fructo-oligosaccharide) which is a prebiotic. Jícama is very low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium. It is also a good source of vitamin C.

Trader Joe's sell per sliced Jicama or you can buy the Jicama and slice it yourself. My 2 favorite ways to eat Jicama are with Trader Joe's Chili lime seasoning or chili powder and lime juice or as a salad with orange pieces and chili and lime seasoning.

More
13 Apr 2017 08:01 #246449 by stormseeker75
Can you cook jicama or do you eat it raw?

More
13 Apr 2017 13:28 - 13 Apr 2017 13:36 #246484 by Cranberries

Jexik wrote: The lady has been trying out the Keto diet. Which is very low carb (<30g per day), with high fat, and moderate protein. This means that there's more butter on everything, we're not afraid of bacon or the dark meat of poultry, and that we put heavy cream in our coffee instead of milk or some fake shit in it. We had switched to whole milk even before this, because I'm pretty damn sure that skim milk is a dairy industry conspiracy so they can siphon off the fat to also make butter. The 1970s-1980s war on fat in diets in America never had a strong causal relationship between heart disease or any of the stuff we've been told for decades. We still use a bunch of broccoli and other vegetables, but any dish that would formerly have rice, potatoes, carrots, or noodles just doesn't. Or she'll put them aside and just the kid and I will eat it.

The kid and I still intersperse some cereal and a bit more fruit in there. For awhile I've been making smoothies in the morning for the two of us. Our blender can't chop ice at all, so I make sure to use at least one banana every time to give it some thickness. Then it's whole milk and berry-of-choice, with a small or half orange tossed in for tanginess. Breakfast is almost always meat and eggs. The school breakfasts are insane! 100g of carbs including Chocolate Skim Milk!

In general I'm not a big fan of foods that masquerade as other foods. I like noodles, and I'll eat some chopped up zucchini, but zoodles or cauliflower rice, or that BBQ jackfruit abomination? Blech!

I'm trying to eat clean and also do Keto, but I eat small amounts of carbs periodically. No wheat, beans, sugar and not too much dairy.

Our Blendtec blender was totally worth the $350. It gets used like three times a day. I've made almond butter with it. You could blend an entire human corpse in that thing.

My favorite keto book, although it needs an update, is www.perfecthealthdiet.com although there is a ton of good stuff out there now.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2017 13:36 by Cranberries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik

More
13 Apr 2017 13:53 #246487 by boothwah

stormseeker75 wrote: Can you cook jicama or do you eat it raw?

Yes2

I use Jicama in stir fry all the time - My wife makes "chips" out of baked jicama and tops them guacamole and shrimp.

My favorite recipe is Jicama slaw - Julienne the Jicama , some red onions, and cilantro - I make my slaw sauce for it with lime juice, coconut oil, salt and pepper, and sugar. Chill it and sprinkle it with chili powder before serving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, stormseeker75

More
13 Apr 2017 14:07 #246490 by Jexik

cranberries wrote: Our Blendtec blender was totally worth the $350. It gets used like three times a day. I've made almond butter with it. You could blend an entire human corpse in that thing.

My favorite keto book, although it needs an update, is www.perfecthealthdiet.com although there is a ton of good stuff out there now.

Yeah. Seems like a solid blender would be a better investment than a microwave for us.

I'll pass that website along to her. We got a book from the library that she later bought, and she looks up recipes all the time on Pinterest. But more info is good to have.

After I suggested it last summer, she has been planning all of our dinners, usually 2 weeks in advance. That way we don't buy too much stuff at the grocery store, and have very few snack foods hanging around... aside from fruit and baby carrots and cheese and stuff like that. We almost never cook hot dogs or other 'kid' foods and just have the 6 y.o. eat whatever we put out. It kinda sucks when we go to grandma's and she'll cave and make pizza and hotdogs for the cousins; he'll join in then.

More
13 Apr 2017 14:37 #246494 by boothwah
An interesting side jaunt, since we're being all foodie - A blog feature that made me LMAO - HEY STEVE DON'T EAT IT He eats foreign delicacies, breast milk, and some products meant for animals.

My favorite was from his sampling of Beggin' Strips : "In closing, the only silver lining to this dark dark cloud is I have figured out why so many dogs lick their own assholes. They are trying to kill the taste of Beggin' Strips. (By the way, it doesn't work.)"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Jexik

More
13 Apr 2017 14:54 #246496 by stormseeker75
That's a great blog! Fucking hysterical. I am oddly in the mood for breast milk Yoohoo now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boothwah

More
13 Apr 2017 15:01 #246498 by Black Barney
LOL the writing is fantastic:

The list of ingredients is long and horrifying, coming right out of the gate with "MECHANICALLY SEPARATED CHICKEN." Oddly enough, I'm about to be separated from my lunch, and I haven't even opened the can yet.

The can shows a serving suggestion of the Potted Meat being served on squares of toast. I would also suggest squares of toilet paper

lol

I knew I was in trouble as soon as I opened the jar, and heard no reassuring vacuum seal.

rofl:

While I cannot endorse the eating of Pickled Pork Rinds, I do endorse playing with it like a puzzle. I did have some fun trying to put the pig back together,

Beggin' Strips slogan is "Dogs don't know it's not bacon!" Newsflash: Dogs are retarded. Mine used to eat his own vomit, and wag his tail while he did it.

i love how he writes a preamble BEFORE tasting it, as he's gearing up the courage. And then shows a picture of what's he's about to eat and then posts what happened after. This made my eyes water, I laughed so much:

I'm back. And I'm sad to report that I did not run around the house yelling "Bacon!" I did, however, run around the house yelling "Call 911!"

The following user(s) said Thank You: boothwah

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds