Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.
  • Page:

TOPIC: What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in?

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 15:12 #256262

I am buying way too many used books and then not really selling them like I had planned. I love books more than games, probably because every book looks like either a bundle of awesome entertainment, a source of education, or a solution to a seemingly intractable problem. But I'm deceiving myself, and only buying them as a really ineffective way to deal with anxiety.

How about you? What are you compulsively doing to avoid dealing with other issues?
  • cranberries
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 1130
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 15:17 #256263

Fortress Ameritrash.
  • Hex Sinister
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 558
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, metalface13, Gary Sax, cranberries, Msample, Mr. White, Black Barney, Jackwraith, san il defanso, Da Bid Dabid and this user have 4 others thankyou

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 15:50 #256265

cranberries wrote:
What are you compulsively doing to avoid dealing with other issues?

Until recently I was smoking lots of weed. Sometimes you gotta go with the classics I guess.
  • Mad Dog
  • Road Warrior
  • Thank you received: 1419
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, jeb, Gary Sax, Frohike, ufe20

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 16:38 #256266

Man, if I lived in a weed legal state I wouldn't smoke much, but some weekends...
  • Gary Sax
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 2473
The following user(s) said Thank You: cranberries, Frohike

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 16:41 #256267

I was very near the Colorado border recently and was tempted to pick up some CBDs for anxiety.
  • cranberries
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D8
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 17:01 #256268

I drink way too much coffee. I'm on cup no. 4 for today, and there's a real possibility I've forgotten about some I might have had.
Subscribe to my game blog, The Rumpus Room.
sanildefanso.wordpress.com
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2017 17:02 by san il defanso.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar, Gary Sax, cranberries, Frohike

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 17:04 #256269

Michigan football. Liverpool football. Thinking that I'll ever be able to write for a living. I indulge deeply in lost causes.
  • Jackwraith
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ninja
  • Thank you received: 959
The following user(s) said Thank You: cranberries, Da Bid Dabid, DukeofChutney

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 17:35 #256271

Stress Eating. And that sucks since I am a pretty good cook. Then I lift at the gym to try to combat a poor diet.
  • the_jake_1973
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 431
The following user(s) said Thank You: cranberries

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 17:39 #256273

do you know that when you look at a planet and you seee that light, that planet's not even there! that's just a light, that's just your neighbor shining a flashlight right into your yard looking for coons, and he says "what are you doing in my backyard? with that flashlight?" and i told him "i'm shining, i'm shining in the window so I can teach your son about the universe" he said "get out of my yard and why are you communicating to my son? why are you in all black? behind my bushes shining a light into my house?" and i said "i'm teaching your son about the universe! i'm shining a light, shining a light right in there and exploring his room as he's looking out and exploring the universe!" i turn the light off and i see your son go to bed and i turn the light back on and i do swirls on his wall like a comet's tail. i do this every night with your son.
  • Black Barney
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 2827
"We must let go of the life we had planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 17:40 #256274

Er ... buying board and card games (AT/adventure/thematic ) and having few people and opportunities to play them - but I do sell some now and then.
  • Southernman
  • D10
  • Eat Steel !
  • Thank you received: 375
Konieczkarian
F:ATies 'Spawn of Ameritrash' Worldwide Map: maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe...7e41fde832d5ff51&z=2

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 17:49 #256275

So many... binge-watching tv, reading books, surfing the net, arguing face to face with acquaintances who voted fro Trump. My latest compulsive behavior is cleaning my teeth in between meals with a GUM proxabrush. It's basically a toothpick-sized pipe brush with an ergonomic plastic handle. My dentist gave me a free sample and now I am hooked.
  • Shellhead
  • D12
  • Thank you received: 2589

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 18:36 #256276

cranberries wrote:
I was very near the Colorado border recently and was tempted to pick up some CBDs for anxiety.

Highly recommend CBD for anxiety and pain management.
  • ubarose
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Bene Gesserit Mother
  • Thank you received: 1438
Uba WANTS a lot of shitty opinions and HAS a tray of Maker’s Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: cranberries, Frohike

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 19:25 #256277

ubarose wrote:
cranberries wrote:

I don't understand why CBDs, which don't even have THC, aren't legal.
  • cranberries
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D8

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 19:30 #256278

Diablo III
  • Colorcrayons
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 816

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in? 24 Oct 2017 22:08 #256285

cranberries wrote:
ubarose wrote:
cranberries wrote:

I don't understand why CBDs, which don't even have THC, aren't legal.
Federally it is legal. Only a few states have laws limiting its consumption, and most of those laws are with regards to people under 18, and/or the max % of THC it can contain.
  • ubarose
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Bene Gesserit Mother
  • Thank you received: 1438
Uba WANTS a lot of shitty opinions and HAS a tray of Maker’s Mark
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2017 23:24 by ubarose.
  • Page:
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds