October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What pointless compulsive behavior are you engaging in?

More
24 Oct 2017 22:39 - 24 Oct 2017 22:40 #256288 by Jackwraith

Colorcrayons wrote: Diablo III

Dude, if you have any max-level toons that you want to run around with, let me know. I have one of each class and somewhere between 2 and 4 sets for each of them. I'd bash some demons for a while. I'm Jackwraith#1816.
Last edit: 24 Oct 2017 22:40 by Jackwraith.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2017 07:48 #256302 by stormseeker75
Comic books. When I started working at the game store part time I figured I'd use my scratch to buy games. Nope. Comic books. The best part is that my wife really enjoys it as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
25 Oct 2017 09:17 #256312 by Black Barney
On The softer side, I check my mailbox everytime I go past my front door. This could be several times a day to even on weekends. Even my six year old tells me, « daddy, the mailman doesn’t come on the weekend « 

I also have to make sure my car door is locked everytime I walk past it

That’s just normal OCD stuff that bugs my friends

On The heavier side of wasted time, every day I play Battle Ages on the Xbox for 5-10 Minutes or so. It’s a Clash of Clans ripoff. I’m missing one achievement for 250 successful defends so I’m continuously upgrading my base, farming gold and raiding enemies. The thing is, I don’t really like playtesting AT ALL. It’s just something I’ve grown accustomed to doing each day. Like wearing old leather. 180 hours spent doing this so far and I don’t see any end in sight.

More
25 Oct 2017 11:36 #256334 by SuperflyPete
Project completion.

I have several competing tasks to be done but I’m obsessing over each (like getting 3-4 hours sleep) to bang them out. The latest one (Saucers Escape..) took me 2 days of 6PM-3AM ish to complete. The funny thing is that if I have a deadline at my job, I will procrastinate sometimes, but if it’s a self assigned task (like learning a new song, doing graphic design for a game, assembling/painting a new terrain pieceetc) I do not fuck around.

More
25 Oct 2017 11:44 #256335 by metalface13
Photoshopping conversions of miniatures I'll never actually get around to doing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Frohike

More
25 Oct 2017 11:50 - 25 Oct 2017 12:02 #256336 by Jexik
Making new MtG decks. I've gone through phases of playing and quitting magic at least 3-4 times in my life, and now with the store, I'm playing again ostensibly so I can talk EDH/Commander with folks and understand WTF is going on in Standard and Modern. I dug my old boxes out from underneath beds and deep in closets, and started creating stuff and slowly finding more and more cards that are actually quite valuable. "Wait, Noble Hierarchs are $50? Lightning bolts are nearly $3?!" We've got binders of cards at the shop, and every now and then when someone sells a collection I'll come across some legendary creature that is only $.60 and think... "we don't have space for this stuff; this is a neat card; how would I go about making a budget EDH deck with her?" So now I've got 3, going on 4 decks* made, and I found one of my old Red decks that was Standard back in the Worldwake to New Phyrexia days and tweaked it a bit to make it a tier 2 modern punching bag for bored folks who come into the shop.

Unless at some point I get new players wanting to buy these creations wholesale, it doesn't exactly drive revenue. It does help me have conversations with folks and upsell them though, because I can get into the mindset of what it's like to work on these kinds of decks. Magic is such a good game though. You could literally play it forever if you had any inkling to do so. It reminds me of this guy in high school who'd say, "Yeah, I listen to lots of different kinds of music," and then proceed to list 13 different kinds of metal. The same can be done for magic when you think of the different levels of competitiveness that you can make your decks, limited/drafting formats, multiplayer, etc.

*I started by improving the GW cat preconstructed deck that just came out, but made one for Radha, Heir to the Keld and Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim. Trying to come up with good budget EDH decks is a uniquely nerdy form of self expression. While rifling through my old things I came across Eldrazi Conscription So I've started putting together Bruna which I admit isn't a super creative choice.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2017 12:02 by Jexik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Colorcrayons

More
25 Oct 2017 12:44 #256339 by Colorcrayons

Jackwraith wrote:

Colorcrayons wrote: Diablo III

Dude, if you have any max-level toons that you want to run around with, let me know. I have one of each class and somewhere between 2 and 4 sets for each of them. I'd bash some demons for a while. I'm Jackwraith#1816.

I play on PS4, and my account is 'pscolorcrayons'. That looks like a steam number. If so, Sony doesn't allow us to play in the playground. :(

More
25 Oct 2017 14:11 #256346 by metalface13
Also writing army lists for Middle-Earth SBG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
25 Oct 2017 14:51 #256347 by Colorcrayons

metalface13 wrote: Also writing army lists for Middle-Earth SBG.

I feel ya, man.

Even worse is making army lists for WotR for GW too. Depressing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: metalface13

More
25 Oct 2017 15:42 #256350 by Jackwraith

Colorcrayons wrote: I play on PS4, and my account is 'pscolorcrayons'. That looks like a steam number. If so, Sony doesn't allow us to play in the playground. :(

That's a Battle.net number. I don't use Steam. But I don't think PS4 can link up with PC accounts, anyway.

More
25 Oct 2017 22:06 #256370 by Ancient_of_MuMu
Due to my wife's poor health, we bought a second house 6 months ago for us to move into when she had no income and couldn't cope with stairs, and now her health has started deteriorating we have decided that we will move when the lease for the tenants is up in March next year. and sell our house So I have become obsessed with real estate, how much our house will sell for, what other houses are selling for, what our second house is now worth, what renovations we need to do before we sell, what renovations we need to do before we move in to the other house, what debt we will have after this, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Frohike

More
25 Oct 2017 22:47 - 25 Oct 2017 22:48 #256373 by Cranberries

Ancient_of_MuMu wrote: Due to my wife's poor health, we bought a second house 6 months ago for us to move into when she had no income and couldn't cope with stairs, and now her health has started deteriorating we have decided that we will move when the lease for the tenants is up in March next year. and sell our house So I have become obsessed with real estate, how much our house will sell for, what other houses are selling for, what our second house is now worth, what renovations we need to do before we sell, what renovations we need to do before we move in to the other house, what debt we will have after this, etc.

I'm so sorry you are both going through this. I can't stop rereading this paragraph.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2017 22:48 by Cranberries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ancient_of_MuMu

More
25 Oct 2017 23:34 #256376 by Ancient_of_MuMu
Having my wife get cancer in her early 40s was not something I would ever have chosen, and I wouldn't want anyone to experience the pain and suffering my wife, myself and our kids are going through. But going back and knowing the future I would still make the same decisions. We have had 20 years together that have generally been great, we have two wonderful daughters, and due to some good decisions are now financially secure in spite of the cancer. Things are sad, and life is harder than I would want, but we are making the best of a bad situation and are doing ok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, metalface13, Cranberries, Black Barney, Frohike, DukeofChutney

More
25 Oct 2017 23:47 #256377 by Gary Sax
That's so hard. Much sympathy.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds