October 09, 2023
2218 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2438 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

Explain your stupid avatar.

More
15 Jan 2018 18:01 #261011 by Cranberries
And go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2018 18:07 #261014 by san il defanso
Thor is like my fourth avatar for this site, but it's the one I've held on to the longest. It's a panel from the first issue of Walt Simonson's run of Thor, which are the comics that made the God of Thunder my favorite super hero. I like the motion and the bold use of color in this particular frame. It's recognizable as Thor even when the frame has been shrunk down to an itty-bitty size.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Nodens

More
15 Jan 2018 18:14 #261016 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic Explain your stupid avatar.
Mine is the character of Al Swearengen from the TV show Deadwood, one of my favorite shows of all time. Like him, I curse a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Colorcrayons

More
15 Jan 2018 18:15 #261017 by SuperflyPete
My personality is my avatar embodied: a cartoon version of a catastrophe
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, Dr. Mabuse

More
15 Jan 2018 18:52 #261023 by dysjunct
Mine is the President of the Neutral Planet from Futurama. I adopted it at a time when I felt I was getting sucked into stupid online arguments and reflexively taking strong positions on things that weren’t worth it. So it’s a reminder to me to be neutral as a default.

Plus all the quotes from/about the character crack me up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Nodens

More
15 Jan 2018 18:52 #261025 by san il defanso

dysjunct wrote: Mine is the President of the Neutral Planet from Futurama. I adopted it at a time when I felt I was getting sucked into stupid online arguments and reflexively taking strong positions on things that weren’t worth it. So it’s a reminder to me to be neutral as a default.

Plus all the quotes from/about the character crack me up.

"All I know is my gut tells me maybe."
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct, lj1983, DukeofChutney

More
15 Jan 2018 19:00 - 15 Jan 2018 19:00 #261026 by Jexik
Replied by Jexik on topic Explain your stupid avatar.
One of the earliest fan-written battle reports for Summoner Wars said that Prince Elien was a pompous douche and would probably kick puppies. My avatar is a little white puppy pic that was free online, which my friend Cory put a Tundra Orc-esque choker on. This is the poor little puppy that Prince Elien would kick.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2018 19:00 by Jexik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Galdred

More
15 Jan 2018 19:59 #261029 by Ancient_of_MuMu
I am on my fourth one here. I started with many references to my idols, the KLF. I started with one of my favourite images: a cigar chomping, kilt wearing, Bill Drummond firing blanks from a tommy gun at the 1993 Brit Pop awards, but then after me regularly arguing here for gun control it felt weird. So I bounced between two other KLF related ones for a while, the infamous "I have seen the fnords" graffiti, and my back tattoo of the KLF's icecream van encountering Cthulhu. I don't know why I switched a while ago, but my family was looking at our use of the stock avatars on PS4 and my rhino was next to my wife's steampunk girl and I pondered if there was a good image on the internet of a steampunk rhino, and ended up googling and changing to an image I liked.

I am planning on changing again soon, but will probably have to wait a couple of months until the image appears on the internet. I want to have an avatar of Luke with the green milk from The Last Jedi, but can't find it yet. To me, like Bill Drummond firing the Tommy Gun, it is a big middle finger to critics and I love
the way those images succinctly express the sentiment of doing what you want to do and fuck everyone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
15 Jan 2018 20:19 #261034 by drewcula
I'm wearing an official Universal Monsters Wolf Man mask.

For children.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, SebastianBludd

More
15 Jan 2018 20:38 #261035 by Da Bid Dabid
Alex Trebek is the persona I use when acting as commissioner of my Blood Bowl league. I was thinking about switching recently since the league has been on hiatus, but I think that would be odd for people here after using it for so long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, Dr. Mabuse

More
15 Jan 2018 20:51 #261038 by Pug
Replied by Pug on topic Explain your stupid avatar.
I am a huge fan of Jamaican music, and my name rhymes with Pug. That is all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, SuperflyPete

More
15 Jan 2018 20:54 #261039 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Explain your stupid avatar.
Mine's a hero counter from Combat Commander crudely photoshopped to put my name on it.

I don't claim to be a real American hero. Just a dude who plays games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
15 Jan 2018 20:55 #261040 by Black Barney
Mine is the best avatar on the site. How can out git mad at anything Richard Simmons sez?? Whatever tone he brings to my posts is exactly how 99% of my posts should be read and taken. The other 1% is me telling Barnes I hope he dies in a fire.

Even Simmons goes dark sometimes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, Dr. Mabuse, Nodens

More
15 Jan 2018 21:02 #261042 by Thaadd
Replied by Thaadd on topic Explain your stupid avatar.
Mine is a bee from the old Eve online corporation I used to help run. Bees were our mascots (we were many, weak, died in droves, chaotic). It's the 'ECM' (electronic counter measures) bee, which was one of my favorite ship builds - you'd neuter a much more powerful ship, generally dying in the process, so your fleet mates could take them down with more traditional damage.

I miss that game, but also kind of feel like I've moved on from MMOs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse

More
15 Jan 2018 21:22 - 15 Jan 2018 22:31 #261044 by Shellhead
My avatar is clearly Iron Man (taken from the Busiek/Perez run on Avengers), so I will instead explain why I chose my avatar.

My first time online was back in the bad old days of the mid-'90s, when companies like CompuServe charged by the minute for online access. To make matters worse, dial-up service and desktop computers were fairly slow back then, so it was hard to get much done in a minute back then. At first I was just using it a little bit for work purposes, but then I started spending my lunch breaks surfing the internet, running up quite a tab for my employer. I got fired. So I took a four-year break from the internet.

When I came back, one of the first places where I got comfortable was the discussion boards for White Wolf Games. Shortly after I started posting there, one of the more experienced forumites advised me that debates could get nasty there and I should "wear a helmet." The next few times that I joined an online forum, I used posting name and avatar that incorporated a helmet. Shellhead seem especially appropriate for F:AT because it's a nickname for Iron Man and a slang term related to artillery. so related to both offense and defense.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2018 22:31 by Shellhead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, drewcula

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds