October 09, 2023
2296 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2511 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MOVIE(s) have you been....seeing? watching?

More
25 Jan 2016 09:10 #220745 by Black Barney
Maybe it's not supposed to be hard. Maybe they figured humanity would be able to figure this out easily, but we discovered it before we were technologically savvy enough to work this out easily.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2016 09:17 - 25 Jan 2016 09:17 #220746 by Mr. White
I dunno...maybe, but because of The Blight humanity had to solve this directly. There was no time to wait for some future technological breakthroughs. I mean, if the events hadn't transpired the way they did there would be no humans.

I guess, being able to see across time, they knew the result was inevitable. Maybe they already saw dude was going to go there because of Dr. Romiliy's off-handed comment, so that's where they put it. Still seems like there could have been a much easier way to go about this if they really wanted to help.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 09:17 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
25 Jan 2016 10:25 #220751 by RobertB
This was my daughter's argument, jazzed up by me a little bit.

Warning: Spoiler!

More
25 Jan 2016 12:49 #220761 by ChristopherMD
A Walk in the Wild - They should rename this movie A Waste of your Time. Badly written, totally boring, and both leads miscast, imo. You do get to see Nick Nolte successfully flirt with a 400lb woman using her soiled undies so maybe not a total waste.

More
25 Jan 2016 13:10 #220764 by Cranberries
I finally watched The Big Short. I had read the book shortly after it came out. Reading the book before watching the movie HAS TO BE PROCLAIMED, much like traveling overseas "WHEN I WAS IN EUROPE I READ THE BOOK THIS MOVIE WAS BASED ON, AND LET ME TELL YOU, AMSTERDAM IS AMAZING AND THE MOVIE LEAVES SO MUCH OUT. HOW CAN YOU EVEN LIVE YOUR BLEAK DILUTED LIFE OH DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD."

A serious question: Do people drop the f-bomb as frequently in real life as they do in the movie? I live in Utah, in a high-mormon-density area, so I have no basis for comparison.

More
25 Jan 2016 13:27 - 25 Jan 2016 13:28 #220765 by Black Barney
Big Short is going to win best screenplay. I always take it as a huge hint to read the book first for movies that get screenplay nominations.

f-bomb intensity depends on where you live. i hear it quite a bit. Judging by my ZERO invites to friends' events who have small children, I would imagine I use it quite a bit myself.

...or maybe it's cause i'm handsy
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 13:28 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
25 Jan 2016 20:45 - 25 Jan 2016 20:52 #220801 by Gary Sax
Completed my Indiana Jones rewatch by watching Temple of Doom. What a racist, mean and cruel movie. An ugly film. That doesn't make it a bad movie (besides god damned Kate Capshaw, UGH). If anything, I think it's super interesting that the Indiana Jones trilogy has a film that actually channels all the legitimately nasty characteristics about old pulp comics. I don't know if it was intentional though. There's the story about how Lucas and Spielberg were going through divorces so they were in pretty dark places.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 20:52 by Gary Sax.

More
26 Jan 2016 14:20 #220843 by metalface13

Gary Sax wrote: Completed my Indiana Jones rewatch by watching Temple of Doom. What a racist, mean and cruel movie. An ugly film. That doesn't make it a bad movie (besides god damned Kate Capshaw, UGH). If anything, I think it's super interesting that the Indiana Jones trilogy has a film that actually channels all the legitimately nasty characteristics about old pulp comics. I don't know if it was intentional though. There's the story about how Lucas and Spielberg were going through divorces so they were in pretty dark places.

Ugh that monkey brains dinner scene ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Varys

More
26 Jan 2016 15:26 #220852 by Grudunza
Chi-Raq. In the form of the Greek poem, Lysistrata, the women of Chicago on a sex strike to stop gun violence. Alternately poignant, powerful and hilarious. Some scenes of the satire work better than others, but it's great, overall.

More
26 Jan 2016 15:28 #220853 by Hex Sinister
Got to see The Force Awakens again with my life-long friend. I think I enjoyed it just as much the second time. Then we went to his place for a marathon session of Star Wars Battlefront. I can see it getting stale but we had a great time getting schooled. Then he gave me a new copy of Arena of the Planeswalkers. It was a good day. His wife was annoyed I was there though. She hates it when her husband has any fun or relaxation. We only get to hang out like 4 times a year so it's not like I'm there every weekend or some shit. Bleh.

More
26 Jan 2016 15:57 #220854 by bfkiller
I liked The Force Awakens even more the second time, for some reason. Great flick (only marred in my mind by some funky screw-ups regarding the passage of time, or lack thereof).

I watched The Hateful Eight a couple of weeks ago. It left me pretty ambivalent, but I think I've settled in my mind that it's taken Death Proof's place as being his worst movie. I liked individual parts of it but the whole was just too much of too little. And some of the casting was way off. And not in the way it was supposed to be way off.

More
26 Jan 2016 16:32 #220859 by Varys

metalface13 wrote: Ugh that monkey brains dinner scene ...

No shit. If I had a dollar for every time some idiot thought all Indian food had monkey brains in it, I'd be a rich man.

More
26 Jan 2016 16:38 #220860 by Black Barney
Hey, my friends g/f is just like that. I hate going to his place to play

More
27 Jan 2016 03:04 #220888 by Hex Sinister

Black Barney wrote: Hey, my friends g/f is just like that. I hate going to his place to play

It's awkward isn't it? Like you can't fully relax. And then when you finally do she'll make an appearance just for buzzkill effect. Weak. I'll get cues to leave but my buddy doesn't want me to so I don't. Maybe the wrong move but I dunno.

More
27 Jan 2016 21:59 #220947 by Black Barney
Yeah, it’s a real problem. We only go to his place once a year too, it's ridiculous. She keeps making negative comments about me to him so I finally decide to leave early and she bitches that I'm leaving early when her b/f made time to play all day. I hate her but I mostly just feel bad for my good friend.

So yeah I just leave and I think that's the right play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.820 seconds