October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
19 Sep 2016 09:40 #234549 by san il defanso
That's the stuff I ended up buying. It made those Genestealers much easier to assemble, thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2016 11:02 #234557 by Dr. Mabuse

Gary Sax wrote: Horned rat looks like it's going to be a harder to find one, so good on you.

Yeah, it was a last ditch effort as every other place was sold out here too. Anyone looking for Fury of Drac, this place still has a couple copies left. Shipping to the States will be a bitch though.

More
20 Sep 2016 13:21 #234620 by Stonecutter
I grabbed Forbidden Stars and talisman blood moon from CSI the day the GW/FFG split was announced. Wanted to get more talisman (I don't own any corner board expansions) but I couldn't justify the cost.

I really liked Forbidden Stars but in my brain it was a "Ok, but I own Starcraft and still like it"

More
20 Sep 2016 17:37 - 20 Sep 2016 17:38 #234631 by bendgar

Dr. Mabuse wrote:

Gary Sax wrote: Horned rat looks like it's going to be a harder to find one, so good on you.

Yeah, it was a last ditch effort as every other place was sold out here too. Anyone looking for Fury of Drac, this place still has a couple copies left. Shipping to the States will be a bitch though.

It's hard to tell if Fury of Dracula is going to run out soon here in the States. Miniature Market and especially CoolStuff seem to have a supply dropped off at their door every couple of days. Or maybe they are rationing them to keep the frenzy going. FoD has fallen back to page 3 of the Top Selling list at CoolStuff and they still have lots.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2016 17:38 by bendgar. Reason: added words

More
20 Sep 2016 17:51 #234632 by ChristopherMD
I think FoD will get another sales boost for Halloween that'll finish the remaning stock if its not gone before then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Egg Shen

More
20 Sep 2016 18:28 #234636 by bendgar
Good point. I would imagine that Wil Wheaton's FoD Tabletop episode will be scheduled near Halloween as well.

More
20 Sep 2016 19:15 #234637 by Michael Barnes
I just got my copy from The War Store.

Here's the thing. Like I said before, there's no telling how many copies of FOD are at distributors or sitting on shelves out there, in warehouses and back rooms. This was a very popular game, and in a very well-regarded and presumably high volume reprint edition. The shortage of the game at online sellers over TWO DAYS is what has fueled speculation on this one.

It isn't rare, and just because it is out of print doesn't mean it's unavailable. Or that it won't be available even after February 1. I think now that the panic is subsiding, we'll see the stock on it almost normalize- at least at retailers that have reordered in quantity. I do agree that with Halloween and the Tabletop show that will likely zap stocks again. I would speculate that by Christmas - not next weekend- it will be scarce with lingering copies here and there.

Now, two years from now is a different story. This game had ALWAYS commanded $100+ between printings.

Heh...like $100 is a lot for a board game anymore...I remember when I wanted a copy of FoD 10 years ago that seemed astronomical.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar, Erik Twice

More
20 Sep 2016 19:47 #234640 by stoic

Michael Barnes wrote: I just got my copy from The War Store.

Here's the thing. Like I said before, there's no telling how many copies of FOD are at distributors or sitting on shelves out there, in warehouses and back rooms. This was a very popular game, and in a very well-regarded and presumably high volume reprint edition. The shortage of the game at online sellers over TWO DAYS is what has fueled speculation on this one.

It isn't rare, and just because it is out of print doesn't mean it's unavailable. Or that it won't be available even after February 1. I think now that the panic is subsiding, we'll see the stock on it almost normalize- at least at retailers that have reordered in quantity. I do agree that with Halloween and the Tabletop show that will likely zap stocks again. I would speculate that by Christmas - not next weekend- it will be scarce with lingering copies here and there.

Now, two years from now is a different story. This game had ALWAYS commanded $100+ between printings.

Heh...like $100 is a lot for a board game anymore...I remember when I wanted a copy of FoD 10 years ago that seemed astronomical.

What's the estimated overall print-run for an FFG game like FoD? How many do they typically print?

More
28 Sep 2016 17:14 #235116 by Cranberries
I just asked my brother in the next city over to pick up a copy of Specter Ops at Barnes and Noble for $25.

You can read CHARLEST'S REVIEW HERE

And here is an image that should calm down all of you rabid FOD fans with its awesomeness:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob, stoic, charlest, JEM, Unicron

More
28 Sep 2016 17:24 #235117 by stoic
That scifi board is truly spectacular!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds