October 09, 2023
2457 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2660 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
15 Oct 2016 09:36 #236241 by wadenels
I picked up BBTM with both expansions for pretty cheap locally. The entire Blood Bowl concept is fantastic; how did GW just sit on it for so many years?!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2016 00:19 #236244 by Colorcrayons
I found a copy of Loopin Chewie today at goodwill for $4, still sealed.

And another game from Unique called 'Arch Rivals'. An early 90's dexterity game. I've never heard of it before now.

There was also a sealed German version of Kerplunk at GW, I nearly got it just for the novelty.

Minneapolis is weird. There are a lot of boardgames here who actually seek out odd foreign versions of games, because you frequently see these collections in estate sales, second hand market, and bgg.

The kids love both of these games.

Side thrifting note, if you or someone you know likes Disney infinity, I recommend hitting up gw. Since Disney canceled the game, the shit has been firesaled everywhere and tons of new product line gw shelves. Good creative stuff here. Recommended.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
19 Oct 2016 11:15 - 19 Oct 2016 11:31 #236475 by Jexik
I picked up Broom Service as I said that I might. We played it twice a couple days later, once with two, and then a second time with the 6-year-old. They both really liked it, although we only played 3 (out of 7) rounds with the kid.

If you're looking for a fun little german style family game to play around this time of year, I highly recommend it.
Last edit: 19 Oct 2016 11:31 by Jexik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Frohike, JEM

More
23 Oct 2016 10:08 #236721 by Black Barney
New gf's birthday this week. She used to play boardgames a bunch so I was thinking of buying her Pandemic Legacy Season 1 cuz I've never played it and maybe it'll be something fun to do together.

She's also never seen any of the Alien movies so based on White's awesome Cinemadome, I think I'll also buy her Alien on Blu-ray.

At this point I might as well buy her a bowling ball custom fit to my hand with my name on it.

Don't worry I'm taking her out for a super special romantic dinner too. Some new cool sounding place...

It'll be the first board game I've bought in years. Back on the horse, bay-bee!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister, Columbob, Jexik, Colorcrayons

More
23 Oct 2016 10:34 #236722 by Colorcrayons
I know the feeling, other than arena of the Planeswalkers (which I don't count since it's a lifestyle game, like all miniature games that get supplemented, I haven't bought a board game in a couple years since mad king Ludwig.

Then I buy three in as many days. I really need to untie the belt from my arm and set the spoon down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
23 Oct 2016 17:23 #236727 by wkover

Black Barney wrote: New gf's birthday this week. She used to play boardgames a bunch so I was thinking of buying her Pandemic Legacy Season 1 cuz I've never played it and maybe it'll be something fun to do together.

She's also never seen any of the Alien movies so based on White's awesome Cinemadome, I think I'll also buy her Alien on Blu-ray.

Legacy Season 1 might be better if you play two characters apiece, but I don't actually know. It was great with four characters, though. Lots of rules to keep track of towards the end, but really fun.

If she digs Alien, there's always Legendary Encounters: Alien, which is a full co-op. Its main flaw is that you can occasionally get facehugged in the first five minutes with no hope of killing it, which means that you're permanently eliminated from the game. Best to restart at that point. Seems like some folks on F:AT were trying to unload it for a while, but I could be misremembering. Buying the game was also a good excuse to rewatch all four movies (4 scenarios in the game, one per movie), except that the 3rd movie wasn't worth watching the first time and I forgot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
23 Oct 2016 17:44 #236729 by cdennett

wkover wrote:

Black Barney wrote: New gf's birthday this week. She used to play boardgames a bunch so I was thinking of buying her Pandemic Legacy Season 1 cuz I've never played it and maybe it'll be something fun to do together.

Legacy Season 1 might be better if you play two characters apiece, but I don't actually know. It was great with four characters, though. Lots of rules to keep track of towards the end, but really fun.

The missus and I played the entire campaign with two characters each, and I'd recommend that. You're probably going to find it much harder with just two.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wkover, Black Barney

More
24 Oct 2016 07:20 #236741 by JEM
I bought two copies of X-Wing Force Awakens starter sets from that Gamestop deal ($25 for both) which I am not going to open, on account of Armada. I'm hoping I can take them over to England some time as gifts for the nephews. I think they'd be able to have a bunch of fun with just those boxes.

More
24 Oct 2016 09:04 #236747 by the_jake_1973
My wife went to a game store and bought her first board game. I'm the one that normally chooses what is bought and our collection does reflect what I find cool and interesting. She picked up Above and Below. I hadnot seen anything about it, but a couple brief review were positive. I'm looking forward to playing it.

I picked up Hit Z Road.

More
02 Nov 2016 09:49 #237349 by Mr. White
I'll probably buy the DeathZone BB supplement the week it drops. I have so many boards and teams, I'm not that interested in the base game, but may get it without the minis on ebay for like $20.

www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/11/blood-bo...ansions-spotted.html

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds