October 09, 2023
2488 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2688 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
29 Mar 2017 14:00 #245765 by Matt Thrower

charlest wrote: I read until you were talking shit on Gears of War. You're fired.

Where am I talking shit? It's out on the shelves so I can play it more!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2017 14:58 - 29 Mar 2017 14:59 #245767 by engineer Al

charlest wrote: The Great War is pretty damn good, may want to check that out.

I agree, this is a surprisingly great game! Gorgeous production as well.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2017 14:59 by engineer Al. Reason: oops.

More
29 Mar 2017 15:07 #245768 by charlest

MattDP wrote:

charlest wrote: I read until you were talking shit on Gears of War. You're fired.

Where am I talking shit? It's out on the shelves so I can play it more!

I'm just giving you trouble, I took your comment of "to remind me not to buy any more games on a whim" as meaning it didn't live up to expectations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, SuperflyPete

More
30 Mar 2017 00:15 #245782 by SuperflyPete
It took every ounce of restraint not to pick up Escape From Colditz 75th off of Amazon today.

Fuck... Me Want. I just know it will be a beautiful paperweight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
30 Mar 2017 09:57 #245787 by Msample
Don't know if this will be a kickstarter or not, but the figures look nice:

io9.gizmodo.com/big-trouble-in-little-ch...n-freakin-1793796837

More
30 Mar 2017 10:01 #245788 by the_jake_1973

SuperflyTNT wrote: It took every ounce of restraint not to pick up Escape From Colditz 75th off of Amazon today.

Fuck... Me Want. I just know it will be a beautiful paperweight.

I picked it up a while back when Mini Market had it for cheap. It is a very nice paperweight. No regrets in the purchase.

More
30 Mar 2017 17:26 #245808 by wadenels
After maintaining pretty well for a few months I ended up with four new games in the last month-ish:

13 Days
Animals on Board
Gorechosen
High Frontier 3rd Ed

All but High Frontier were bought used, so I think I did OK on actual spending. Haven't actually gotten to playing any of them yet but I've got a 3-player High Frontier situation setting up for a couple months from now.

I'm most excited about Gorechosen. Hoping to play that this weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
30 Mar 2017 18:35 #245811 by Michael Barnes
If you have any inclination to get Escape from Colditz, the Osprey 75th anniversary edition is LOVELY. It's really well done, very high class production and they preserved some of the cool idiosyncrasies of the past editions, like the faux Red Cross kits, historical background, and miscellaneous ephemera. The rules are cleaned up but not bowdlerized, and there are some things in place to speed it up a bit. It's still wonk as hell and the POWs always win, but it's still a fun, one of a kind experience. The illustrations are especially nice, Osprey's high standard of depicting military history subjects really shines in this one.

Get it before it's gone...I don't think it will be around for long, it strikes me as something that will suddenly dry up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, Cranberries

More
31 Mar 2017 09:00 #245823 by charlest

wadenels wrote: After maintaining pretty well for a few months I ended up with four new games in the last month-ish:

13 Days
Animals on Board
Gorechosen
High Frontier 3rd Ed

All but High Frontier were bought used, so I think I did OK on actual spending. Haven't actually gotten to playing any of them yet but I've got a 3-player High Frontier situation setting up for a couple months from now.

I'm most excited about Gorechosen. Hoping to play that this weekend.

That's a great list. Gorechosen is phenomenal. I just broke 13 Days out again last week and had a great time. Animals on Board is my favorite Euro of the past few years.

More
31 Mar 2017 11:12 #245825 by SuperflyPete

Michael Barnes wrote: If you have any inclination to get Escape from Colditz, the Osprey 75th anniversary edition is LOVELY. It's really well done, very high class production and they preserved some of the cool idiosyncrasies of the past editions, like the faux Red Cross kits, historical background, and miscellaneous ephemera. The rules are cleaned up but not bowdlerized, and there are some things in place to speed it up a bit. It's still wonk as hell and the POWs always win, but it's still a fun, one of a kind experience. The illustrations are especially nice, Osprey's high standard of depicting military history subjects really shines in this one.

Get it before it's gone...I don't think it will be around for long, it strikes me as something that will suddenly dry up.

Rat bastard....

I got it. I figure that worst case I can sell it for what I got it for if I don't play it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds