October 09, 2023
2286 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
19 Aug 2017 11:23 #252661 by jay718
What's the deal with Giant Flick em Up? How much bigger are the components than the original?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2017 12:27 #252665 by Hex Sinister

Michael Barnes wrote:

Hex Sinister wrote: Pre-ordered Gloomhaven. $95 Ouch. First game I bought in a year, though so fuck it.

Where?

Cardhaus. Only 3 left!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes

More
19 Aug 2017 12:38 #252666 by Michael Barnes
Well, 2 now!

More
20 Aug 2017 00:20 #252684 by Cranberries
thirteen year old daughter: "Dad, have you heard of a game called Dominion? I played it with my friends and it was really fun."

Me: "Honey, I played the prototype with none other than the head of Rio Grande games in SLC in 2008!"

Thirteen year old: "Wow, that's so cool!"

Older sister: "Keep in mind that it won't be as fun playing with your family"

So I guess I'm buying a copy of Dominion (again)
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso, Frohike

More
20 Aug 2017 01:58 #252685 by SebastianBludd
I've been intrigued by Monopoly Gamer so on Friday I took the kids to the local Gamestop to see if they had the Collector's Edition. They had two ding and dent copies that were 10% off, as well as the Luigi and Boo Power Packs. Before we even got there I thought, "Well, maybe I'll get a Power Pack or two if they even have the game in stock." After I saw they had Luigi and Boo I rationalized, "These two Power Packs should give us enough variety for the time being. Besides, the game is %10 off so it's like one of the Power Packs is free."

Fast forward to yesterday - after the game went over very well Friday night - and I'm checking online to see if anyone local has Power Packs, and I see that Walmart has them in stock. They not only had them, but they had a full box including two each of the rares: Rosalina, Wario, etc., so I ended up getting the rest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
20 Aug 2017 10:54 #252692 by Michael Barnes
There are "rares"? I didn't know that. GameStop just had them all when I bought...

More
20 Aug 2017 11:22 #252695 by SebastianBludd
Well, rare in the sense that some figs are short-packed in the retail boxes in comparison to others. This is a comment I saw at BGG when I was researching Power Pack availability:

Over on Reddit I have had a person confirm that a full box they saw at the Toronto EB Games had 16 packs and was exactly 3x Luigi, 3x Toad, 3x Fireball Mario, 2x Diddy Kong, 2x Boo, 1x Wario, 1x Rosalina, 1x Tanooki Mario. I have visited two other EB Games in Montreal and both of the opened boxes and their remaining contents were consistent with that distribution.

I was in a bit of a hurry so I didn't count each and every pack, but there were definitely more of some figs (Luigi, Boo) and only two of others (Rosalina, Tanooki Mario). FWIW, according to BGG comments most people were having problems getting the short-packed figs, and my two local Gamestops only had Luigi and Boo left.

More
23 Aug 2017 09:18 - 23 Aug 2017 09:20 #252937 by Cranberries
I saw Downforce at Barnes and Noble yesterday for $40. I used to own Daytona 500 but had to leave it in Doha with a friend because of shipping space limits, so I replaced it with Detroit Cleveland Grand Prix, which Legomancer says has a pointless auction. My birthday is a few days away too, so it feels like a perfect storm, except that I'm not whipped into a frenzy about buying a game that I essentially already own, other than it sounds a little better and my family will play it.

The other option would be the Deluxe version of Citadels. We have been playing the basic version lately and enjoying it. 27 profiles--that's nuts.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2017 09:20 by Cranberries.

More
28 Aug 2017 11:13 #253226 by san il defanso
Similar to how many people here are burning off games to buy more GW product, I seem to be doing the same so I can buy more D&D stuff. Yesterday I went out and picked up Volo's Guide To Monsters, since I'm starting up a new regular D&D group next week. It's a very fun book to read through, much more than the core books, even though it is clearly not as essential.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
29 Aug 2017 17:08 #253352 by KingPut
I ordered The Expanse Board Game Link to Expanse by Geoff Engelstein. I was going to wait for a couple of more reviews but I read the rules and it seemed a good game for my game group. Looks like an easier and shorter COIN game. I like COIN games but I don't own any because they're a pain in the ass to teach and they take too long for our Wednesday night game group. The rules seemed pretty easy and straight forward. I also like the idea of having multiple card up to pick up similar to Pax Porfiriana or Pax Pamir vs.only 1 card choice in normal COIN games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, Unicron

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.467 seconds