October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
04 Jun 2018 08:37 - 04 Jun 2018 08:37 #274624 by charlest
Yeah, that newer card is cheaper thing is a bit similar to the Conan monster river mechanism. I enjoyed some of the mechanisms in New Dawn, but overall I thought it was pretty boring and never felt like I'd want to play it again. We have pretty different taste though Dave so I hope you enjoy it.

Drunk buy last night. Psycho Raiders and Freakface. I hope I don’t regret it. Also just rembered that I ordered some patio furniture. Yikes. Mules are dangerous.

I really enjoy these games but the darkness in the maps bothers the hell out of me. It's worse in Freakface where players can't tell which spaces actually have walls and how the tent is defined. It's the main reason we play Psycho Raiders more often.

I recently picked up Bios Megafauna 2 and Secrets of the Lost Temple 2E (the latter due mainly to cheapness. Likely not a keeper in the collection).
Last edit: 04 Jun 2018 08:37 by charlest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2018 01:58 #274689 by WadeMonnig
Isle of Skye: Expansion just came out, so the base game is finally back in stock
Tournament at Camelot: Heard good things
Spartacus: Shadow of Death Expansion: Adding a 5th player before this disappears completely
Seikatsu: My oldest boy loves birds, think he might dig this game.
Colt Express: Read a review at ThereWillBe.Games that made it sound mighty fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Almalik, ChristopherMD, hotseatgames

More
05 Jun 2018 07:32 #274692 by stormseeker75
Seikatsu is GREAT. A really good two-player game and an excellent three-player game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
05 Jun 2018 09:42 #274710 by SuperflyPete
I’m still awaiting Tiny Epic Zombies, which I uncaracteristically “backed”. Beyond that, I’m just waiting for the new wave of Exit! games or, if I can get some Time Stories to the table, maybe a new module for that.

There’s just not many games I’m really excited about right now.

More
05 Jun 2018 10:09 #274713 by barrowdown

SuperflyTNT wrote: I’m still awaiting Tiny Epic Zombies, which I uncaracteristically “backed”. Beyond that, I’m just waiting for the new wave of Exit! games or, if I can get some Time Stories to the table, maybe a new module for that.

There’s just not many games I’m really excited about right now.

Other than TEZ, that sounds suspiciously like my own game-buying plans. Third wave of Unlock! arrives today (with Pendragon and Colonial Twilight, I ordered them all as a lot when Unlock! first posted so its been a while). The next purchase outside of Age of Sigmar-related items will be the third wave of Exit.

More
05 Jun 2018 11:07 #274720 by Sagrilarus
Jeeze, I'm in the exact same spot. This is strange guys. There are 500 games available for pre-pub right now, and I'm interested in exactly one. How the heck can such a rich market not be catching more of my attention?

More
05 Jun 2018 12:12 #274728 by Michael Barnes
I have trouble finding things I’m interested in enough to ask for a FREE copy of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
05 Jun 2018 12:29 #274732 by Colorcrayons
The answer is quite easy in a market more concerned about quantity rather than quality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
05 Jun 2018 13:36 #274736 by ChristopherMD

Michael Barnes wrote: I have trouble finding things I’m interested in enough to ask for a FREE copy of.

I was just browsing Game Trade Mag on the toilet and really wasn't much beyond expansions. Robotech card game coming was only thing that caught my eye.

More
05 Jun 2018 13:48 #274739 by SuperflyPete

Michael Barnes wrote: I have trouble finding things I’m interested in enough to ask for a FREE copy of.

Now THAT’S a real market indicator.

Not to shill, because you know I don’t really care enough to do that, but it’s killing me to see the lack of marketing for my game. The most recent post on BGG is “Shit, the only reason I know this game exists is because I knocked a copy over at the WizKids booth”

If companies aren’t doing any marketing, and not sending WAY advance copies out for the review corps, how the shit will anyone know which games may be of any value?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.578 seconds