October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
09 Jul 2018 13:54 - 09 Jul 2018 13:56 #277184 by ubarose

repoman wrote: Bought Sagrada today.

Don't know much about it other than you make stained glass windows and that Uba after a flagon of whiskey said she thought it was ok.

My wife enjoys games where you build stuff. A city, a tower, a civilization, or a stained glass window. She enjoys creating much more than tearing down.

I however do enjoy blowing things up at least imaginary things. So while I'd not have bought it for myself I'm hoping it's got enough game in it to at least be interesting and something we both can enjoy.

It has the hate draft thing going for it. Excellent couples game, if you don't mind sleeping on the sofa. (just kidding). Also, where did you get it. It's out of stock every where.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2018 13:56 by ubarose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2018 16:56 #277200 by Colorcrayons

Gregarius wrote: I bought the new edition of Sekigahara, a game I've wanted to play for ages. I purchased it with the delusional belief that it will arrive in an extra large shipping crate that will include an opponent to play it with me.

Had a I been a packer at the place you bought it from, I would have totally shipped myself to play it.

Sekigahara is worth it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gregarius

More
09 Jul 2018 16:58 #277201 by Colorcrayons

san il defanso wrote: For the first time in my life I've managed to land a weekly D&D group, which has made me feel better about spending money on that part of the hobby. To that end I picked up the Tomb of Annihilation module, hopefully to DM it later this year.

Slow going through my first read through, but it's basically a hex crawl set in Chult, with lots of undead. Cool!

is it like the original but updated for new rules?

More
09 Jul 2018 17:36 #277204 by repoman
H

ubarose wrote:

Don't know much about it other than you make stained glass windows and that Uba after a flagon of whiskey said she thought it was ok.

My wife enjoys games where you build stuff. A city, a tower, a civilization, or a stained glass window. She enjoys creating much more than tearing down.

I however do enjoy blowing things up at least imaginary things. So while I'd not have bought it for myself I'm hoping it's got enough game in it to at least be interesting and something we both can enjoy.

It has the hate draft thing going for it. Excellent couples game, if you don't mind sleeping on the sofa. (just kidding). Also, where did you get it. It's out of stock every where.

Table Top Shop in Newington. They had a few copies.

More
09 Jul 2018 18:56 #277211 by ubarose

repoman wrote: H

ubarose wrote:

Table Top Shop in Newington. They had a few copies.

No kidding. I have to stop by on my way home from work.

More
09 Jul 2018 19:37 #277213 by blatz
I pretty much only buy stuff to pimp out Frostgrave and Gaslands. Kids love them. Friends love them. Everything else I own is a shelf toad right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Cranberries, Frohike

More
09 Jul 2018 20:20 #277215 by san il defanso

Colorcrayons wrote:

san il defanso wrote: For the first time in my life I've managed to land a weekly D&D group, which has made me feel better about spending money on that part of the hobby. To that end I picked up the Tomb of Annihilation module, hopefully to DM it later this year.

Slow going through my first read through, but it's basically a hex crawl set in Chult, with lots of undead. Cool!

is it like the original but updated for new rules?

It's different from Tomb of Horrors, which got an updated 5e release last year in Tales From the Yawning Portal. This is much more of a full-fledged adventure that goes from levels 1-11 (so it says on the back).

It does have the same lich running the titular tomb though, which would be Acererac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
10 Jul 2018 12:15 - 10 Jul 2018 12:16 #277230 by RobertB
I bought a copy of Legend of the Five Rings LCG for my birthday, and I'm not really sure why. I remember seeing some of the L5R CCG storyline tournaments in progress way back when, and thinking it was pretty darn cool. Maybe I had been out in the sun a little too long.

I might be able to beg someone to play it besides my wife. NFW would she pick it for fun, and it would take too much begging on my part to make her play it.
Last edit: 10 Jul 2018 12:16 by RobertB.

More
17 Jul 2018 21:40 #277800 by hotseatgames
I ordered Fantasy Realms after reading Charlie's review. It sounds fun!

More
18 Jul 2018 08:27 #277806 by charlest

hotseatgames wrote: I ordered Fantasy Realms after reading Charlie's review. It sounds fun!

This game is totally underrated and another victim of Wizkids not promoting. One of the most satisfying 10 minute games I've played.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.762 seconds