October 09, 2023
2485 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2687 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What IOS games have you been playing?

More
22 Jan 2016 22:46 - 22 Jan 2016 22:51 #220641 by OldHippy
I've got it on my phone and I've been playing it for about a week, it's a pretty good game, definitely something you can just drop in and out of pretty quickly which is good for a phone game. I've been having a hard time getting really into it because I prefer solo play over online, but still, it is good for what it is.

I agree that this could certainly be a big hit for them. Not that they need another one.
Last edit: 22 Jan 2016 22:51 by OldHippy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2016 13:34 - 13 Feb 2016 13:34 #222369 by Grudunza
They just announced a Star Trek version of Castle Panic yesterday. Well, if you want Star Wars Castle Panic, here it is: starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/basecommand

It's quite good. Adds some nice new wrinkles to the system with a little more tactical combat, and some good Star Wars-y flavor with Boba Fett and Darth and others coming in to play at different times. And it's free.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2016 13:34 by Grudunza.

More
19 Feb 2016 11:20 #222836 by Michael Barnes
November- "Hey guys, there's this Star Wars Castle Panic thing"- MB
February- "Hey guys, there's this Star Wars Castle Panic thing"- Pocket Tactics and Grundunza

Tennis Champs Returns. For real though. If you have any love for arcade sports games at all, you must download this one. It's free, there is a 99 cent ad blocker and a $1.99 starter pack. It is _awesome_. It's surprisingly deep, has really great (and unique) controls, and it plays something like Mario Tennis but with more detail/realism. I guess it's a remake of an Amiga game, but it feels completely modern and polished despite the pixel look. I've been playing it constantly. The AI is pretty doughy at first- you can rush the net, volley, and usually slam it to the other side. But once they start earning stars...it gets pretty tough.

TONS of content- 200 competitors, daily challenges, doubles matches, training challenges, multiple courts, clothing options...this is one of the richest IOS games I've seen in a long time. It is technically F2P, you can things like new strings and energy drinks with gold, but so far I haven't seen the need to spend more than the $2.99 in optional start-up products.

Going to play it right now.

More
19 Feb 2016 11:25 #222837 by Grudunza
I may have missed one of your 10,756 posts, Michael. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

More
19 Feb 2016 11:29 #222838 by Michael Barnes
Please review them for future reference. There are only about 17 that are no longer relevant or part of the discussion here at F:AT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grudunza, Cranberries

More
19 Feb 2016 11:32 #222839 by Black Barney
whoops, you gotta move the decimal, Michael. Honest mistake. It's 10,717.

...well 10,718 actually after that last one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grudunza

More
27 Mar 2016 14:59 #224927 by Disgustipater
I know I'm way late to the Clash Royale party, but I've found it pretty fun.

However, after only 4 days, the game's aggressive tactics of stopping me from playing their game is going to succeed at making me stop playing their game. I'm not sure how much longer I'll stick with it. Winning matches while your chest slots are full is detrimental overall, so I only get a few matches in per day. Maybe I'll just burn through all my gems to unlock the 3hr chests and play until I run out.

More
04 Apr 2016 06:31 #225163 by NeonPeon
Anyone playing Pixel Dungeon? I just got into it recently - a tight, challenging roguelike that makes me say "just one more time" again and again.

More
04 Apr 2016 07:57 #225164 by hotseatgames

Disgustipater wrote: I know I'm way late to the Clash Royale party, but I've found it pretty fun.

However, after only 4 days, the game's aggressive tactics of stopping me from playing their game is going to succeed at making me stop playing their game. I'm not sure how much longer I'll stick with it. Winning matches while your chest slots are full is detrimental overall, so I only get a few matches in per day. Maybe I'll just burn through all my gems to unlock the 3hr chests and play until I run out.

I decided to check this out as well, after hearing so many positive comments. It really is a good game... ruined by free to play mechanics. I'll probably play a bit more and then drop off once the pay wall really gets annoying. Hopefully someone takes this game and creates a similar design but with a pay once and done model.

More
04 Apr 2016 08:25 #225165 by mads b.
I jumped on Clash Royale a few days ago and it's loads of fun. I don't mind not getting a chest for winning a match, and I think it's easily outweighed by the fast pace of the matches. However, what's the lay down on joining bands/guilds/clans/whateverthey're called. Do you just pick one, try to find a local or whatever?

I've played Pixel Dungeon literally thousands of times and I still return to it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds