October 09, 2023
2287 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
16 Jul 2015 18:31 #206381 by Hex Sinister
On my 3rd play of Baldur's Gate 2 because I'd never finished the campaign. So I finally get to the final big boss fight and the game just fucking glitches out at a dialogue sequence. It happens just after I kill the boss (which looks to be a fake ending). So annoying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2015 01:23 #206547 by Disgustipater
Picked up Rocket League for PC earlier and have been playing with a friend of mine. This game is amazing, and I don't want to stop playing.

I also got Sportsfriends for PC, mainly for Johann Sebastian Joust, but the other games look pretty fun. I managed to get 5 Playstation Move controllers for JS Joust so far, now I just need to get 2 more. Because Sony used a non-standard Bluetooth protocol, they don't work with Windows, so I had to make a bootable Ubuntu USB stick to play it, but it works just fine. I can't wait to try this with a group.

More
20 Jul 2015 16:45 #206610 by airmarkus
Far Cry 3. I am not really enjoying myself and the story is stupid, yet I can't stop playing. I feel like there should be a Gamer's Anonymous meeting going on somewhere that I need to attend and confess my inability to stop playing games when I stop enjoying them. Much like a horse chasing a dangled carrot, I keep galloping along for some unknown reason. I liked climbing the radio towers at first to open up sections of the map and discovering all the wildlife and different aspects of the game that become unlocked. The combat was really just average at best. Now I'm really just playing to stubbornly finish the game. The story is ridiculous and makes no sense, the combat is pretty frustrating at points, even on the easiest difficulty level and the cursing for cursing's sake is just annoying at this point. At least I'm enjoying my addiction to Hearthstone. As for Far Cry 3, well, I just want to finish the game so I can check it off my list.

More
20 Jul 2015 17:20 #206614 by engelstein
Just finished up Her Story, and was very impressed. Not a long game, but a very neat way to twist the standard narrative structure. Recommended.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Motorik

More
20 Jul 2015 17:29 #206615 by ThirstyMan
Back into playing EVE Online after a longish break. Very, very addictive and mucho fun. Someone asked me the other day, I think Repo, how EVE online still manages to operate a non free to play situation and still be in business while almost all other MMOs have gone the free to play route. All I can say is that it is very, very good and the player base is loyal with very few 12 yr olds swearing and talking racist bullshit.

Anyone out there that is also playing, hit me up, I promise I won't steal your shit.

More
21 Jul 2015 07:36 #206649 by lj1983

airmarkus wrote: Far Cry 3. I am not really enjoying myself and the story is stupid, yet I can't stop playing. I feel like there should be a Gamer's Anonymous meeting going on somewhere that I need to attend and confess my inability to stop playing games when I stop enjoying them. Much like a horse chasing a dangled carrot, I keep galloping along for some unknown reason. I liked climbing the radio towers at first to open up sections of the map and discovering all the wildlife and different aspects of the game that become unlocked. The combat was really just average at best. Now I'm really just playing to stubbornly finish the game. The story is ridiculous and makes no sense, the combat is pretty frustrating at points, even on the easiest difficulty level and the cursing for cursing's sake is just annoying at this point. At least I'm enjoying my addiction to Hearthstone. As for Far Cry 3, well, I just want to finish the game so I can check it off my list.

I played through FC3 over more than a year...I enjoyed the collecting animals (to make new stuff) and assaulting bases more than the missions. Other than a couple set pieces, the missions were nothing really special.
The following user(s) said Thank You: airmarkus

More
21 Jul 2015 08:19 #206652 by airmarkus
It's funny you say that. I finished the final mission last night and intended to shut it off and go to bed. Instead, I figured I'd try and take a few bases, which turned into a few more and so on along with some of the hunting missions. It was way more enjoyable.

More
21 Jul 2015 18:22 - 21 Jul 2015 18:22 #206688 by Sevej
For FC 3, get the treasure map from the merchants. No, the money's not important. But some of the chests were placed in the most interesting places in the island.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2015 18:22 by Sevej.
The following user(s) said Thank You: airmarkus

More
22 Jul 2015 08:51 #206706 by Black Barney
that was the best part about finding the collectables in the GTA games. They put them in some pretty cool spots you would never have known existed.

More
22 Jul 2015 09:32 #206709 by hotseatgames
Bought the new Humble bundle, and started Stanley Parable last night. That's a very interesting "game"... so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds