October 09, 2023
2460 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
02 Aug 2015 03:13 #207712 by Frohike

Disgustipater wrote:

Gary Sax wrote: Guys. Seriously. Rocket League.

For anyone playing on Steam (as they don't have cross-platform parties working yet), my ID is the same as here. I play almost every night, and I frequently play with a good friend of mine as well.

Just started tonight. I think I'm hooked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2015 09:33 #207721 by Gary Sax
Making it free for PS+ was probably the most brilliant thing they've ever done. There was about a 0% chance of me just picking up and buying it.

More
02 Aug 2015 12:25 #207730 by Chaz
Everyone keeps saying Rocket League is the shit and I should be playing it. I haven't because I don't play online MP, don't have anyone interested in couch co-op, and get bored in about an hour of playing games without some kind of storyline. There's no reason for me to even be looking at this game.

Yet everyone on the internet tells me I should be, so I keep asking myself "Am I wrong?"

More
02 Aug 2015 14:57 - 02 Aug 2015 14:58 #207746 by Gary Sax
5 minute games. 4 buttons. Try to bump a ball into a goal. You don't have to know anyone you play with online to effectively play at low skill levels. You should know if that's your bag or not, that's all there is to it. The thing that keeps you coming back is that it takes a tremendous amount of skill but it isn't button combination skill, it's actual skill in lining up and striking the ball with the appropriate spin, angle, etc.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2015 14:58 by Gary Sax.

More
02 Aug 2015 23:08 #207771 by jeb
It's got good enough controls, it's not complicated, the games are fun, and you can customize your car to look fresh as hell. What's not to love? I wish I was better that the double dodge thing where you fling your car around. I've been doing 3v3 with randos and it's always a good time. It was free on PS+, and it plays well on my Vita while the kids are goofing with the TV, too. Lots of upside for ROCKET LEAGUE at Casa Jeb is what I am saying.

I need to do a little Backlog Attack. Anyone want to join me? Pick 5 games and commit to giving then a go/beating them by say, November? We can blog it and what not.

I will do:
P.T. on the PS4.
DESTINY on the PS4.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2 on something, I think I have it like three ways.
I gotta finish THE SWAPPER on Vita.
Something WiiU, maybe CAPTAIN TOAD TREASURE TRACKER.

More
03 Aug 2015 08:31 - 03 Aug 2015 08:58 #207782 by Black Barney
I'm in!

How's the swapper btw? I've been thinking about that one. Can't wait to hear your P.T. notes and impressions

OK I'll do...

MAGic REALMS on BlackBerry
DUELS Origins on Xbox One
CASTLeSTORM Définitive edition on Xbox One

..and I'll find two more Xbox One games in my log tonight to talk on there. I'd really like to commit to getting GTAV and maybe The Swapper. Been dying to get those
Last edit: 03 Aug 2015 08:58 by Black Barney.

More
03 Aug 2015 12:11 #207824 by iguanaDitty
I'm in but I'll only pick one game since it's an RPG - Pillars of Eternity. Just re-started it a couple nights ago!
OK I'll add the swapper on account of I got really far and never finished it. I got completely stuck on what AFAIK is not an optional puzzle. Really enjoyed what I did play though.

More
03 Aug 2015 13:09 #207831 by jeb
The art style on THE SWAPPER is wild, Barney. It's all claymation or something, and lends this eerie vibe to an otherwise pretty normal platformer puzzle game akin to a tame KIRBY MASS ATTACK. Watch a trailer, it does the whole "space maaaaadnesssss" thing really well.

I got P.T. just before the timer ran out there. I don't really like horror games, so I imagine a lot of my notes will be childish shrieks or amounts of urine collected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
03 Aug 2015 13:36 #207833 by Black Barney
the best kinds of notes people will write on horror games are those by people that don't like horror games, so yeah I'd LOVE to hear your take on it :)

swapper looks awesome

More
03 Aug 2015 20:24 #207887 by boothwah
Hmm - I will beat all 5 of the videogame shelf toads, if we can get Ken to play through RE4 once:

Assassin Creed Brotherhood
Final Fantasy XIII
Gears of War
Bio-Shock
BattleBlock theater

More
04 Aug 2015 08:57 #207908 by Black Barney
You haven't played bioshock yet?? That's almost as bad as Ken with his RE4. Make sure you play in the dark, volume up and explore everywhere. There's some fun easter eggs

More
04 Aug 2015 12:06 #207933 by Tim Champlin
I'm 5 years behind, but I just started Mass Effect 2. It's awesome so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
09 Aug 2015 01:00 #208167 by Mr. White
Three decades on and still the Kung Fu Master...

The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax

More
09 Aug 2015 11:46 #208178 by Josh Look
I need a recommendation. I'm in the market for a game that fit the following (or most of) criteria.

-It's on PC.
-Fantasy setting, so most likely an RPG (though I'm not limited to that genre)
-Combat doesn't suck (so not Elder Scrolls)
-Has more depth than a puddle (not Elder Scrolls)
-Preferably a decent story, not necessary if gameplay is fun.
-Isn't completely antiquated. Nothing against old games and I can recognize when something stands the test of time, but there's a limit to what I'm willing to work with.
-Challenging, but won't cause me to break things (so not Dark Souls)

I've played all the Infinity Engine games, love them, and I have Pillars of Eternity but I'm eating for the 2.0 patch.

Anyone? I'm all ears.

More
09 Aug 2015 17:54 #208193 by Erik Twice
Have you played Wizardry? Wizardry 8, which is the go-to recommendation, does look dated, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.667 seconds