October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
14 Feb 2017 09:07 #243908 by hotseatgames
Last night I completed the first mission of Sniper Elite 4. It took me just under 2 hours to complete every objective. I'm playing on Hard, which I think is correctly named. I played Sniper Elite 3 on normal, and it was considerably easier.

The levels are HUGE and feature a lot of ways to accomplish any given objective. So far I'm really happy with it. Except for how it completely flips out if you ALT + TAB out of it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2017 11:54 #243932 by airmarkus
I've been jumping all over the place between games over the last several weeks. I only get short bursts of time to play usually so it's hard to stick with anything.

It started early in January when I was out sick from work for a few days plus a weekend and I started Subnautica. I restarted it after a while because I got tired of the grinding chore of catching fish to convert to food and water constantly when I found out there was a mode that let you skip that and play the game without it. That made it immeasurably better for me and I really enjoyed it. I normally have no desire to play a survival game, but that's because I don't like the idea of doing a bunch of work and then have it all undone by some jerk who raids and steals everything. I don't get the attraction with that stuff but to each their own I guess. Subnautica is strictly single player for now at least, so I got a lot of satisfaction out of starting with nothing and building all these cool tools and stuff.

Then I picked up XCOM2 in the humble bundle and played through the tutorial and several missions. I'm liking it so far, but I feel like I will need at least 2 hours free time to play sessions of this, which is hard to come by right now.

Finally, I remembered I had been meaning to try Limbo which has been sitting uninstalled in my Steam library for a while. I'm not sure how long this game is, but I think it's okay so far. I'm not sure, but I'm expecting some kind of twist down the line. Right now it fits as a game I can play in small chunks, which is perfect for me and a nice break form my utter addiction to Hearthstone.

More
14 Feb 2017 13:15 #243940 by Black Barney
Limbo is so amazing. What a zen game for me, I go somewhere else when I play it

I finally made it through once with zero deaths

More
14 Feb 2017 13:21 #243941 by airmarkus

Black Barney wrote: Limbo is so amazing. What a zen game for me, I go somewhere else when I play it

I finally made it through once with zero deaths

From what I've seen of the game so far, I can picture that being doable but super-hard in some parts. Jumping over a spinning razor blade section seems like it would be tough. I don't have the patience for that though. My favorite of this type of game among the modern types I've tried was Ori and the Blind Forest. That game was amazing to look at, but it's hazardous to controller health. Mine almost went through a window.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
14 Feb 2017 13:35 #243944 by Columbob

airmarkus wrote: I'm not sure how long this game is, but I think it's okay so far.

Depending on how long you take to puzzle everything out, I'd say 2-4 hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: airmarkus

More
14 Feb 2017 13:50 #243950 by Black Barney
2 hours max. run throughs take me anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes.

More
14 Feb 2017 14:35 #243952 by the_jake_1973
My wife got me the new Resident Evil game for Valentine's Day. She had me open it early so she could watch me play last night. It has a very Rob Zombie vibe going on. I like it so far.

The premise for going to the location is a bit laughable.

Also, the Vanishing Point (foreshadowing?) 1970 Challenger the main character drives is a damn automatic. Dreadful.

More
14 Feb 2017 15:18 - 14 Feb 2017 15:20 #243954 by Disgustipater
I'm pretty close to finishing Dark Souls II. Are the DLC areas worth playing through? Because unless they are pretty good, I'm going to skip them. DS2 just didn't grab me like the original, and I'm not a big fan of the gameplay changes, so I've just been powering through it.

Definitely not going to play NG+.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2017 15:20 by Disgustipater.

More
14 Feb 2017 18:54 #243968 by SaMoKo

Vlad wrote: No, I was talking about

Warning: Spoiler!

Samoko, are you using the combos/combo customization much?

Not so much for the spear, but I switch back and forth between some of the defensive options for the Sword and Dual Swords. The kick can be replaced with some better stuff later on if you're going for damage, but it's still nice to have that big ki damage to open up an enemy for infinite combo crap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
14 Feb 2017 19:16 #243969 by Vlad

Disgustipater wrote: I'm pretty close to finishing Dark Souls II. Are the DLC areas worth playing through? Because unless they are pretty good, I'm going to skip them. DS2 just didn't grab me like the original, and I'm not a big fan of the gameplay changes, so I've just been powering through it.

Definitely not going to play NG+.

I liked the first DLC better than any area in the main game. But it is not without its problems, like a very annoying enemy type that's fast, strong and very resilient.
Second was kinda forgettable (literally, I barely remember it), and I never managed to make it to the third.

More
14 Feb 2017 19:23 #243970 by Disgustipater
Which is which? There's Brume Tower, the sunken city, and some winter place.

More
14 Feb 2017 19:39 #243971 by Vlad
sunken city is 1st , brume tower is 2nd.
Did you play DS3 and/or Bloodborne already?

More
14 Feb 2017 20:44 - 14 Feb 2017 20:45 #243972 by Disgustipater
I have not. I might wait a while before jumping into DS3, since I don't want to burn myself out.

I don't have a PS4, so no Bloodborne. Though hopefully at some point I can borrow one from a friend and play it.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2017 20:45 by Disgustipater.

More
15 Feb 2017 12:30 #243989 by airmarkus

Black Barney wrote: 2 hours max. run throughs take me anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes.

Finished it last night. There were two puzzles in particular that had me staring at my screen after 10 minutes with a dumb blank look on my face. I had to walk away and do something else both times only to com back later and figure it out. I'm not sure how I feel about the game. I was expecting more from the ending, but I guess it's meant to be ambiguous.

More
15 Feb 2017 13:43 #244001 by Black Barney
i think he finds his sister. It's pretty sweet. i love how she just lifts her head, startled and that's that.

The follow-up, INSIDE, is supposed to be fantastic. Much deeper. I need to play it.

Hope you liked it Markus! I love that game. Played it many times.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.196 seconds