October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
11 Dec 2017 23:40 #258948 by SuperflyPete
I just got The Division. It’s hard as Roy Moore at a Girl Scout convention.

I’ve been soloing until I figure out the controls, so I don’t ruin everyone else’s fun with my ineptitude.

Also, I’m still sick, proven by having to fight both Rioters and motion sickness whilst playing. Fuck Ubisoft for not having a first person mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2017 16:37 #258982 by RobertB
Still playing Destiny 2. I did my first Heroic Strike Saturday, and I got shot to doll rags. "Oh look, Red Legion." *bang* "Hey, I'm dead." I died like 50 times. I'm sure the other two players were convinced I was a moron, and I'm not sure that they're wrong.

More
12 Dec 2017 16:53 #258983 by lj1983

SuperflyTNT wrote: I just got The Division. It’s hard as Roy Moore at a Girl Scout convention.

I’ve been soloing until I figure out the controls, so I don’t ruin everyone else’s fun with my ineptitude.

Also, I’m still sick, proven by having to fight both Rioters and motion sickness whilst playing. Fuck Ubisoft for not having a first person mode.

Send me a request sometime when you are playing: EvilEwok83
I've been wanting to get back into the division with some of the new stuff that's been added.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
12 Dec 2017 16:58 #258984 by lj1983
PUBG on Xbox.

the draw distance is terrible when you jump out of the plane. you basically don't see any buildings until you pull your parachute.
after that, its playable, I've seen reports where it varies between 25-30 fps, which feels about right.

Unless I'm blind, there isn't an in-game control listing. So my first death happened because I didn't know how to reload a gun (or load it to start with).

2nd death happened after killing a handful of people in my building, then having to run to catch up with the circle. Finally make it past the circle, try to catch my breath and shot in the back.
3rd death happened when I jumped in a car, but it put me in the wrong seat, and someone was watching from above and shot me in the head while I tried to figure out driving controls.

Still, there are moments of pure adrenaline in there, and you don't notice the poorer visuals.

More
12 Dec 2017 17:08 #258987 by Gary Sax
Yeah, it sounds kind of bad. But not surprising given how poorly the PC game is technically.

More
12 Dec 2017 17:32 #258991 by Black Barney
You get what you pay for

More
12 Dec 2017 18:05 #258994 by hotseatgames
I'm still playing the hell out of PUBG on PC. The new map is awesome, and vaulting improves the game immeasurably. Having a Killcam is nice too, making it much easier to verify if someone is cheating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
12 Dec 2017 18:50 #259002 by Michael Barnes
Wolfenstein 2 stuff...

Warning: Spoiler!

Anyway, I bought the deluxe edition on sale so I have all of the Freedom Chronicles to look forward to as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Disgustipater

More
12 Dec 2017 18:56 #259005 by Gary Sax
I think the shotgun is very cool in that game.

More
12 Dec 2017 20:55 #259006 by SuperflyPete
I

lj1983 wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: I just got The Division. It’s hard as Roy Moore at a Girl Scout convention.

Send me a request sometime when you are playing: EvilEwok83
I've been wanting to get back into the division with some of the new stuff that's been added.

Will do. I always see your name up. As soon as Christmas is over I’ll have a headset so we can chat.

More
12 Dec 2017 20:56 #259007 by SuperflyPete

lj1983 wrote: PUBG on Xbox.

the draw distance is terrible when you jump out of the plane. you basically don't see any buildings until you pull your parachute.
after that, its playable, I've seen reports where it varies between 25-30 fps, which feels about right.

Unless I'm blind, there isn't an in-game control listing. So my first death happened because I didn't know how to reload a gun (or load it to start with).

2nd death happened after killing a handful of people in my building, then having to run to catch up with the circle. Finally make it past the circle, try to catch my breath and shot in the back.
3rd death happened when I jumped in a car, but it put me in the wrong seat, and someone was watching from above and shot me in the head while I tried to figure out driving controls.

Still, there are moments of pure adrenaline in there, and you don't notice the poorer visuals.

I’ve been waiting for years for this to happen. I’m going to get it when I sell a guitar.

More
13 Dec 2017 00:30 #259011 by Frohike
I’m still playing Overwatch and it’s still as rage-inducing as ever, especially now that the holiday event is on and QP has dropped matchmaking to another level of hell.

More
13 Dec 2017 07:02 #259015 by Black Barney
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
14 Dec 2017 00:47 #259074 by Michael Barnes
WOW.
Warning: Spoiler!

More
14 Dec 2017 13:14 #259096 by Gary Sax
Yeah, that was the one I was waiting for. Glad you caught the first auditioner.

The game does other things well. It's take in race is, dare I say... Nuanced?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.523 seconds