October 09, 2023
2451 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
09 Oct 2015 01:05 #212201 by Frohike
Yup, got murdered relentlessly for 30 minutes, grabbed a Darth power up... and placed a pre-order.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2015 05:36 #212203 by Chaz
Got murdered relentlessly, decided to hold off on purchasing for a while.

I was playing on PC, and on Hoth, spent a lot of time getting one-shotted from the far end of the map. Someone playing on console said they didn't have that problem at all, which makes me wonder if the game's balanced for controller, and gets thrown all out of whack when you aim with a mouse. Dunno. The other map was better, except that in every game, 75% of the team that didn't score the first point immediately dropped out. Not so fun.

More
09 Oct 2015 08:14 #212205 by Gary Sax
Yeah, I was watching giant bomb play the hoth map and it definitely looked like one of those get murdered by someone you never saw across the map over and over again... I'll wait on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
09 Oct 2015 08:41 #212207 by Black Barney
I'm told you can only get kills reliably when you have your super. I downloaded it overnight and will try it tonight. I used to play the first two Battlefield games a bunch back in the day

More
09 Oct 2015 09:04 #212210 by Michael Barnes
Chaz, you forgot to talk about the part where you were a snowtrooper running alongside AT-ATs and hopping into AT-STs to blow up Rebel scum. Or dive bombing Imperials in an A-Wing while getting chased by TIEs. That's what matters here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
09 Oct 2015 09:35 #212212 by Black Barney
my favourite aspect of the Battlefield series is when you pull off a squad maneuver really well. Like in this game, I'm hoping that I can get 3-4 guys on some sort of shuttle or Millenium Falcon, pilot around the perimeter of the map and drop them off in the back of a star destroyer or key objective at the back of the map. They run in, secure the objective and then you get them the heck out of there. Stuff like that is really fun when pulled off correctly, and I'm hoping to see those types of maneuvers in this game

More
09 Oct 2015 09:46 #212215 by Gary Sax
Are any of the vehicles multiple player? I don't think they are?

More
09 Oct 2015 09:53 #212216 by Black Barney
ah, they're all one passenger only? No more shuttling groups to other locations? Ah nuts :(

More
09 Oct 2015 09:57 #212218 by Gary Sax
I don't think any of the beta vehicles have multiple spots, but maybe the final game does.

More
09 Oct 2015 12:37 #212233 by John Myers
Does anyone know if you will be able to create private lobbies and just populate them with your friends and bots? I'm sure that won't be most people thing but that was our favorite way to play the the last two Star Wars: Battlefronts.

More
09 Oct 2015 16:22 #212249 by Erik Twice
There is little I can do to explain what is good about Streets of Rage 2 and what isn't, because it's such a well-made game that its shortcomings end up being ignored because I'm having too much fun with it. Last attempt I reached the seventh stage, which is where the game starts to get tense and throw lots of minibosses at you. The tension of running around, trying to not get grabbed/punched/uppercutted by four different enemies each with their own IA is amazing and despite the reputations of mindlessness beat'em ups have, I'm finding them more and more strategic the more I play them.

Right now my only real complain is that the game is so long that by the time you are getting to the last stages the first half hour of the game poses no challenge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
09 Oct 2015 18:46 #212251 by hotseatgames
SoR2 is an excellent game. I played the hell out of that series, but 2 is by far the best. And such great music!

More
09 Oct 2015 22:22 #212254 by Frohike
SWBF protips for those playing this like COD or Battlefield. Lasers have no "bullet drop". Do not aim down sights unless sniping: there is no (or negligible) accuracy or bullet spread penalty for hip shots. You will be hip shotting almost everything that isn't across the map. 3rd person gives you better FOV. Move your ass or you will get sniped (see no bullet drop).

And Hoth is winnable by the Rebels. A couple of well placed aerial strikes and a tow cable maneuver can win it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feelitmon

More
10 Oct 2015 08:04 #212265 by Chaz

Michael Barnes wrote: Chaz, you forgot to talk about the part where you were a snowtrooper running alongside AT-ATs and hopping into AT-STs to blow up Rebel scum. Or dive bombing Imperials in an A-Wing while getting chased by TIEs. That's what matters here!

You're right, I forgot. Running alongside an AT-AT was awesome, and it was super cool when I just barely got out of the way of his foot.
I was totally psyched to drive an AT-ST! Then I got in it, spent five seconds looking for someone to shoot, then got blown up by someone I didn't see. Then I didn't find another AT-ST pickup again.
I was wicked excited to find an X-Wing pickup! Then I spent five seconds trying to shoot at a TIE, then got blown up.
I never found another vehicle pickup, despite walking through a hangar full of X-Wings and A-Wings.
I was super ready to finally get to play out my childhood vision of fighting on Hoth. Instead, I spent a ton of time respawning and running to the fight before getting killed from across the map. My inner child was super sad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister, Green Lantern, Frohike

More
10 Oct 2015 11:42 - 10 Oct 2015 11:44 #212268 by Black Barney
Best part was running besides and between an ATATs legs.

I got to pilot an ATAT which is basically being a gunner and pretty dull.

Survival mode against six waves was fun. ATSTs are no picnic. Collectibles are really hard to find and not in a fun way. Why are the tutorials not active ? How do I know how to fire an ion torpedo at an imperial vehicle?? It's not like dusting crops !

The smaller engagement with the escape pods is brutal if you haven't leveled up and got better equipment. Everyone is sniping using that rifle.

Hoth was really fun and felt epic. Rushing the Hoth base as imperial and spawn trapping rebels in their own base was fun. Especially in the hangar.

The troops look too much alike though. At one point on Hoth, I saw Luke slicing through my fellow snow troopers and Lord Vader came out of nowhere and got into a big Saber fight with Luke. Vader ultimately won the skirmish and looked sad about it, I don’t know why.

The coolest part is there was a bunch of us around the trenches at the time and instead of firing on Luke, we all just stood around and watched !! Just like in the death star hangar in ep IV. That was pretty epic.

I won't play it again unless I have friends playing. In survival mode, I used that heavy blaster repeater but in multiplayer, it takes forever to unlock and I think all other weapons pale in comparison. I played in third person video. It was fine
Graphics are beautiful.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2015 11:44 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Green Lantern, Frohike

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.562 seconds