October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
29 Nov 2015 19:01 #216118 by QPCloudy
Since we got the Wii U I have been playing Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, and Super Mario 3d World. We beat the heck out of Yoshi pretty quick and traded for Hyrule Warriors. Picking up Xenoblade Chronicles X on Friday. There is so much stuff that is just pure fun to play on this thing. I'm so glad we decided to get it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Frohike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2015 21:04 #216126 by jeb

QPCloudy wrote: Since we got the Wii U I have been playing Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, and Super Mario 3d World. We beat the heck out of Yoshi pretty quick and traded for Hyrule Warriors. Picking up Xenoblade Chronicles X on Friday. There is so much stuff that is just pure fun to play on this thing. I'm so glad we decided to get it.

SUPER MARIOS 3D WORLD is deeeeep. That game has legs, man. LEGS. I still have a lot of stuff to work on there. See if you can find a cheap BAYONETTA 2. I have been looking and they have /dried up./ That means its awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QPCloudy

More
30 Nov 2015 12:22 #216162 by Michael Barnes
All of the great Wii U games have depth and legs. We're still playing SMW3D two years later almost as much as when we first got it. You can go back into Hyrule Warriors and always find something new to do. Smash is eternal. Mario Kart 8 is always great.

Bayonetta 2 is going to be one of those $500 games within a couple of years. At least the physical copy. It is an AMAZING game, and the fact that you get the first game with it is just icing.

Speaking of Bayonetta...I had $15 Playstation Store thanks to some Slim Jim promotion that I had no idea was going on, and I spent over $100 during some time frame or another to get SW Battlefront and Divinity Origins (I think). So I saw that they had Transformers: Devastation for $24, which means it was just a cool $9 for me. Now, here's the thing. This game kind of came and went without much notice, even though it is the Right and Proper G1 Transformers _and_ it has awesome cel-shaded graphics. Oh, and it's also a Platinum-developed game.

It is more or less exactly in line with Platinum's other games- so if you like Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, Vanquish, Madworld etc. or if your name is JonJacob, this is what you want. It has all of the technical combos, the finely tuned brawler gameplay, crazy set pieces (first boss fight- Optimus Prime versus DEVASTATOR!), etc. AND it's also 100% on the money G1 Transformers fan service. 80s cartoon rock, ORIGINAL cast voices (Starscream!)...it looks and plays just like the cartoons. The only bogus bit is that that it's tank Megatron, not Walther P-38 Megatron.

Definitely worth $9, I would think it was probably worth full price truth be told.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
30 Nov 2015 12:36 #216164 by hotseatgames
Playing, and loving, Forza Horizons 2. Definitely has that Test Drive Unlimited feel, although you don't get weird quests to pick up hitchhikers or buy lavish houses. The driving is better than in TDU. No motorcycles though :(.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
30 Nov 2015 13:42 #216176 by Black Barney
yeah no one does driving better than those Forza games. Forza6 is all races so if you prefer open-world (like TDU) then stick with Horizons2.

I played Mario Kart Wii on the weekend with two buddies. He had the wheels that you attach to your stupid controllers thing which makes the driving WAY WAY better. Last time I hated it but now I really enjoyed it. Won one or two grand prixs, got wrecked in other ones. It was great. What's the best combo overall? I had the best results with Peach on a Mach Bike.

More
30 Nov 2015 14:02 #216179 by Michael Barnes
I still hate the wheels.

I tend to get locked into a Link/Epona cycle...but I also really like Isabelle (or "Little Pout Pout" as she's known in this house) on her Animal Crossing scooter. I also like Rosalina on any bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Black Barney

More
30 Nov 2015 14:24 #216180 by SuperflyPete
I've been marathoning Lara Croft: Guardians of Light with the wife. Really love the game...very puzzly but not hatefully so. We've long since given up on the score challenges, but have all the artifacts.

Looking forward to the sequel on the One
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
30 Nov 2015 15:15 #216193 by Michael Barnes
Guardians of Light was _great_. Lots of really neat puzzles. I thought it was a better extension of the franchise than the last...I dunno...eight or nine Tomb Raider games.

Lara Croft Go on the phones is really cool too.

More
30 Nov 2015 15:43 #216197 by Josh Look
_Loved_ Guardians of Light. Best TR game, hands down, the sequel is pretty crappy though. I bought it at launch and the lag was horrible. I was also far, far, FAR too easy.

More
30 Nov 2015 17:58 #216206 by boothwah
Had a friend drop ship Diablo 3 RoS to me and another buddy for 360 so we could all party up - Never played a Diablo game - Fired it up while the wife was Black Friday shopping. 10 hours later........ I'm probably gonna lose a fair amount of time on this - Loot games are my kryptonite. The game play is not that spectacular - basically button mashing Gauntlet all grown up.... but there's new loot to sort!

Here I go down the rabbit hole....................................
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
30 Nov 2015 21:17 #216216 by QPCloudy

Michael Barnes wrote: I still hate the wheels.

I tend to get locked into a Link/Epona cycle...but I also really like Isabelle (or "Little Pout Pout" as she's known in this house) on her Animal Crossing scooter. I also like Rosalina on any bike.

I like Link with the blue F-ZERO kart, AC wheels, and double cloud kite. I HATE using the bikes. Does it matter what character you use? I do find the bigger characters feel like they have more weight to them.

More
30 Nov 2015 21:32 #216217 by jeb

QPCloudy wrote:

I like Link with the blue F-ZERO kart, AC wheels, and double cloud kite. I HATE using the bikes. Does it matter what character you use? I do find the bigger characters feel like they have more weight to them.

It matters. Wario --> Sport Bike --> Slicks --> Parafoil. Nuff said.

More
30 Nov 2015 21:36 #216218 by san il defanso
Some of the big dudes in Mario Kart 8 handle like a Saturn V rocket. I don't think I've ever finished Rainbow Road as Bowser without falling off the track ten times.

More
30 Nov 2015 21:41 #216219 by QPCloudy

jeb wrote:

QPCloudy wrote:

It matters. Wario --> Sport Bike --> Slicks --> Parafoil. Nuff said.

Do you ever get online? I've seen Nate. . . once? Also I hear Xenoblade has some light multiplayer stuff in there. We will see Friday.

More
01 Dec 2015 08:21 #216233 by Sevej
Bioshock again. As I play it I remember why this game is awesome.

A world that is completely alien and at the same time familiar. Very interesting to explore with the game's metroid-vania-esque design. No need to save up money, since money is used only to buy consumables, not permanent upgrade.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.501 seconds