October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
14 Apr 2016 19:09 #225880 by iguanaDitty
Ratchet & Clank! Just started it and I think it is basically as anti-Dark Souls as a game could possibly be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Legomancer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2016 21:24 #225884 by wadenels

Mr. White wrote: Hopefully, I'm nearing the completion of Earthbound. The kids are still loving it, but I'm about sick of it. _This_ is why I never got into the Final Fantasy or JRPGs...I tire of the menu based combat. Especially with random encounters. *press*, *press*, *press*, *press*...in the hopes to finish the battles quickly...

Shame too as the story and characters are a lot of fun.

I feel the same way. Even when the combat is challenging and using skills and character and such at the right time is important I still get a bit annoyed with those types of combat systems. I have some pretty solid 3DS games in the genre that I struggle to get myself to keep playing, which is a bummer because otherwise I generally enjoy the other aspects of these types of games..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
15 Apr 2016 00:22 #225887 by Gary Sax
Got my Twilight Struggle KS game. It's not bad, I'm satisfied if the online works well. AI isn't great and thinks a bit too long but for beginners I think it'd be a fun way to learn. Haven't played online yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Black Barney

More
15 Apr 2016 08:28 #225893 by Black Barney

More
15 Apr 2016 08:35 #225895 by Legomancer
I'm playing Uncharted 3 and now I know I made the right decision to go PS4. I should have gone PS3 instead of Xbox 360 a few years ago. Looking forward to Uncharted 4.

Am also going to grab Ratchet and Clank. I love that series from my PS2 days and miss it terribly. I've heard only good things about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
15 Apr 2016 09:38 #225897 by stoic

Gary Sax wrote: Got my Twilight Struggle KS game. It's not bad, I'm satisfied if the online works well. AI isn't great and thinks a bit too long but for beginners I think it'd be a fun way to learn. Haven't played online yet.

I just purchased it for my Mac. I've never played TS so I'm using this to teach me how to play the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
15 Apr 2016 10:32 - 15 Apr 2016 11:27 #225904 by Gary Sax
It's on sale for 11.99 on Steam right now, for what it's worth.

The AI isn't so bad that you can't learn with it. It makes weird moves but is generally very good about spreading over the globe and forcing you to make choices in any given turn. If you know where the important parts of the map are, though, you'll realize that the AI does not emphasize them enough. So a real game between two players would focus much more on a few key areas of the map that would see heavy contest. The Soviet AI also sometimes struggles to coup as often as it should and realigns too much. It also tries a bizarre opening in response to my usual favored US setup (4 Germany/3 Italy) by placing couping in the Philippines? The AI gets more logical as the game goes on from the 2-3 games I played.
Last edit: 15 Apr 2016 11:27 by Gary Sax.

More
15 Apr 2016 11:20 #225905 by hotseatgames
I'm liking the Doom MP beta. I'm not crazy about the consumable hack modules. I think they have potential for pay to win tactics.

More
15 Apr 2016 15:02 #225928 by Disgustipater

Gary Sax wrote: Got my Twilight Struggle KS game. It's not bad, I'm satisfied if the online works well. AI isn't great and thinks a bit too long but for beginners I think it'd be a fun way to learn. Haven't played online yet.

I want this, but I think I'll wait for the iPad version. I'll probably get more playtime out of it that way.

More
15 Apr 2016 17:21 #225942 by Black Barney
Gary if you wanted to write a full review of the game with screen shots and stuff, I'd be all over that

More
15 Apr 2016 23:21 #225957 by stoic
The downtime of TS's AI is making me think about ketchup. I'm loving the game and liking the interface. I'm glad that I bought it for my Mac. I'm likely to purchase the IOS too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
24 Apr 2016 08:56 #226383 by Legomancer
I FUCKING LOVE RATCHET AND CLANK

And I finished Uncharted 3. Was it me or was it much shorter than the other two? I really enjoyed that series and am looking forward to the fourth one. The biggest compliment I can give them is that I enjoyed the cutscenes. I also want an Elena Fisher spinoff game about journalism.

After playing all three Uncharted games, the last of which came out in 2011, I am even more angry about that stupid damn Tomb Raider game from 2013. YOU HAD THREE SOLID MODELS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU AND *THAT'S* WHAT YOU CAME UP WITH? Uncharted 1 came out six years previous and was a better Tomb Raider game than Tomb Raider. I thought that TR game was lazy af before, and now that I know what else was out there, it's even worse.

However

I FUCKING LOVE RATCHET AND CLANK

I loved these games on the PS2 and I love this one as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, iguanaDitty

More
24 Apr 2016 20:19 #226395 by Sevej
I'm trying Guacamelee. It's good! My only complaint so far is how the screen often feels washed out with lighting. Also, 'dat first combo...

More
02 May 2016 15:14 #226782 by Black Barney
Guacamelee is going to be my next game (I started but never finished) after I finished THE WOLF AMONG US.

Holy crap is this game ever good. i get emotional when playing it. Like i totally want to be a good guy but I got so angry at one point that I killed a major character out of rage when i could have totally let them live. How is the game evoking that kind of response? The voice acting is TOP shelf too. Bigby is great as are many others but toad's kid, TJ, is fantastic. holy crap.

Playing a little bit of BATTLE ISLANDS each day. it's fun when you save up enough (and defend your resources enough) to be able to upgrade your command centre which unlocks all sorts of new buildings and upgrades. It's good clean fun. BATTLE OF AGES just came out for free too and I'm sure it'll be more of the same.

Still grinding out MAGIC DUELS. They had a double expansion and boy are the cards ever more powerful. There are so many cards now that the deck variety is great, both playing against real people online and the AI. I've got 4 decks on the go now and am really enjoying it. Still need to grind out enough gold to buy half of the remaining expansion but that's ok, I'm playing Magic.

My buddy is super mad at me that I didn't buy DARK SOULS III. I don't think the problem is that I don't own it, it's that I wouldn't play it right now even if I had it. Too many other games to play. If I get to the point that I go back to Guacamelee, maybe I'll pick up DSIII. But then again, i really want to replay GTAV.

More
02 May 2016 15:33 #226787 by hotseatgames
Barney, I started reading the Fables graphics novels. They are excellent and really provide some background to the characters in the game. And yes, TJ is great. No surprise since it's Clementine from Walking Dead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds