October 09, 2023
2485 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2687 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
04 May 2016 18:27 - 04 May 2016 18:28 #226981 by ChristopherMD
Been playing Banished on steam. Its a city-building game where you start with a few families and some supplies and build a thriving village. I'm not sure what the later game is like because I have so much fun building up my village that I never save the game. I just start a new village each time.
Last edit: 04 May 2016 18:28 by ChristopherMD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2016 05:07 - 05 May 2016 05:08 #227000 by ThirstyMan
That's the one where you have to shag 12 yr olds to build the family isn't it?

Didn't it get some flak for that in the gamers forums?
Last edit: 05 May 2016 05:08 by ThirstyMan.

More
05 May 2016 08:54 #227002 by SemiColon
Been on a bit of a Civ5 kick lately for some reason. I even started up (and played to completion) a second game right after I finished my first game, which I almost never do. Still find myself always going for a diplo/science victory though, I don't think I've ever won through culture or domination.

Also bought Rocket League when it was on sale and free to play the other weekend. I'm having a blast even though I whiff on more attempts than I hit, but as His Holiness Wayne Gretzky said - you miss 100% of the shots you don't take! Playing with friends makes it a lot better, obviously, as teams of randos tend to get worked when 2 or all three of the other team are in a group, I've found.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
05 May 2016 09:13 #227009 by Gary Sax
Rocket League is a great game. I don't play it much but just popping in it's always a good time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
05 May 2016 10:48 #227024 by ChristopherMD

ThirstyMan wrote: That's the one where you have to shag 12 yr olds to build the family isn't it?

Didn't it get some flak for that in the gamers forums?

I just looked that up. Ha! NERD RAGE!

The game classifies people as either children, students, or adults. Children never reproduce. Students and adults will, but you don't pair them up yourself. You build a house and two unrelated people will be moved in by the game and reproduce. So yes, a 12 year old student (the youngest possible) could be randomly hooked up with a 20 year old adult. It could also randomly never happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThirstyMan

More
10 May 2016 10:19 #227260 by Black Barney
Didn't know if i should put this in the Youtube thread or this one but I really enjoyed this :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
10 May 2016 10:49 #227261 by Frohike

Black Barney wrote: Didn't know if i should put this in the Youtube thread or this one but I really enjoyed this :)

"Stealth is a vital part of Metal Gear Online for all players."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
10 May 2016 22:20 #227292 by Chaz
Offworld Trading Company. I do not RTS, and I do not MP. I still like this game. There's no micro or combat, which is great, but still a ton of things going on, and I'm still nowhere close to wrapping my head around it. The nice thing is that it's MP that's nice and contained. I've got a group of co-workers that have started playing it on lunch, because it fits nicely into a 30 minute break. Then some other buddies and I got two games in within an hour.

I think one thing I'm still unsure about is that you absolutely do get knocked out of the game, it can happen early, it can happen real fast, and by the time you're at that point, there might not be much you can do about it, since it's someone else capitalizing on mistakes you already made. Seems like the kind of thing the crowd around here would be into.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
10 May 2016 22:58 #227293 by ThirstyMan
Is this, primarily, an economics game?

More
11 May 2016 05:31 #227299 by Chaz
Basically. You're building buildings that extract or refine a dozen different resources. The number of those resources getting bought and sold is constantly changing their value in a market that all players access. Your goal is to buy a controlling interest in all the other players' stock shares and take over their companies. You can also do nasty things like build a hacker building to manipulate market values, incite mutinies, hire pirates to shoot down supply ships, and use EMPs and underground nukes to fuck with other people's days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
15 May 2016 10:54 - 16 May 2016 09:11 #227502 by Black Barney
Finished Wolf Among Us yesterday. What a great game, the whole ending didn't disappoint at all. I'm super confused but I loved it. Telltale makes some fine games.

Started up Battle of Ages but it's not that great. I'm still hooked on daily doses of battle islands too. Time to start a new game..

edit: i think I'm gonna get back to Guacamelee after almost a year's break. I would like to finish it. i remember I was stuck and surprised by how hard certain parts were. Let's see if I can handle it...
Last edit: 16 May 2016 09:11 by Black Barney.

More
19 May 2016 10:29 #227772 by Disgustipater
I have several codes for the the Gang Beasts online multiplayer beta on Steam if anyone is interested. Too bad I'm still wholly enveloped in Dark Souls.

More
19 May 2016 12:53 #227792 by hotseatgames
I'm about half way through Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Once I finish it, I'm buying Doom. Anyway, Old Blood is awesome! It's basically a stripped down New Order, with a lot less lulls in the action. BJ says some really funny stuff, too. I don't remember him being funny in New Order.

Definitely check it out if stabbing Nazis in the neck sounds fun.

More
19 May 2016 13:26 #227795 by jeb

Black Barney wrote: edit: i think I'm gonna get back to Guacamelee after almost a year's break. I would like to finish it. i remember I was stuck and surprised by how hard certain parts were. Let's see if I can handle it...

I got stalled at Jaguar or whatever his name is for a bit--it just seemed impossible. But eventually I learned his patterns and was able to beat him handily, and even beat him without taking a hit on another playthrough. Patience really pays off with GUACAMELEE. Same goes the platforming--it's just timing. Think of it like a rhythm game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
19 May 2016 18:06 #227803 by Black Barney
Been playing a ton of Tiny Tanks on Roblox. It's funny how much fun just simple, solid gameplay can be

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds