October 09, 2023
2292 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
20 May 2016 00:42 #227837 by lj1983
I've been playing Rayman Legends with my kids. my son has really taken to platformers (he's really loved playing Kalimba co-op with me) Rayman is a great platformer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2016 08:27 #227845 by Black Barney
Oh Black Betty, bamalam...

Love that level
The following user(s) said Thank You: lj1983

More
22 May 2016 11:55 #227927 by hotseatgames
Last night I beat Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. An awesome game from start to finish.

Today I started Doom, and... WOW. It's so cool. I love how fast it moves, and you don't have to reload.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax

More
23 May 2016 09:20 #227953 by Black Barney
Spent the long weekend at my sister's house (my nephew is searching the house for me right now repeating Where’s Uncle Patrick over and over, I'm trying to get a repreave in the bathroom. Anyway they have a 360 so I uploaded my gamertag and got to try some games.

Minecraft , awful. It just really doesn't appeal to me at all

Peggle - boy does this get old fast. I only like how levels end. No wonder Price is Right doesn't run Plinko each week. That shit gets old.

Far Cry 4 - this was my first of these games and I really like the feel of it. Graphics aren't great but the stealth mixed with predators is really fun. And this might be one of the best villains I've ever seen in a video game. I love his scenes. When he catches a prisoner texting under the table and raises the smartphone in the air, "have we stopped looking for these things?! " love him

More
20 Jun 2016 09:33 #229141 by Black Barney
I played the demo of DOOM last night and it was fun but super hectic. It was wild playing DOOM after all my years of playing CoD. it made me handle the single-player way different than when I played Doom in my youth. I was strafing and in constant movement, trying to circle around enemies. i don't think I used to play it like that. All the upgrade trees were really fun too. I won't pick up that game tho.

For E3, they released a bunch of free games and trials. The best of the free games was LIMBO since the sequel is coming up. I loved this game the first time through so I'm happy to play through it again, i'm surprised at how much I'm dying. also, i think this will be the first fun thing to do over Twitch that I've tried so far: I think after I finish it, I'm going to try to get through the game losing less than 5 lives to get that achievement again. I think it'll be super funny to watch over Twitch since it's so frustrating and scary. I'll be sure to announce it here in case anyone wants to watch that.

More
20 Jun 2016 20:27 #229155 by Sevej
No internet, means I have to play whatever is already in my hard drive. So I boot up Dawn of War Soulstorm, and played the campaign as *gasp* Eldar.

They're pretty awesome in the game. My go to team is a bunch of Dark Reapers and Fire Dragons, led by a Farseer attached to a squad of Banshees or Seer Council. I played on easy setting so they kind of destroyed everything.

But the best part is the Eldar's webway gate. Anyone who's played any kind of RTS campaign would probably agree with me that the most annoying about RTS is when you have to defend several positions on the map. You have a strike team which probably eat the most of your supplies, and have to defend those positions with your second line units. Eldar however, owns this nifty thing called webway gate which allows you to "store" a group of units in the warp and spawn them on any webway gate with a single click. There's two second delay when a unit enters it, but that's so negligible. So I just put these gates around important stuffs and just made a single defensive force (bind with a single keystroke) comprised of several squads. The webway gate also heals nearby unit (and even allows other buildings to be telported to them).

More
21 Jun 2016 18:04 #229189 by SuperflyPete
I've been playing the shit out of Battlefront. Leveled like 12 times in a day. Grinding the Fighter Squadron so I can get the Cycler Rifle so I can get the upgraded sniper from a Hutt deal.

Fuuuck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
21 Jun 2016 18:24 #229191 by Legomancer
Re-"playing" Fallout 4. Mostly I'm wandering around exploring, realizing how much I miss from Fallout 3 and how much I don't care about the new stuff added to Fallout 4. I'm a strength 9 walking tank hitting everything with a baseball bat and collecting power armor. I'm not paying much attention to the main quest.

They announced all the DLC and it's heartbreaking. Six products, only two of which are actual new plot. The rest are geegaws for the settlement construction crap. Did you buy Fallout 4 but wish you'd bought Minecraft? Then I guess it's good news for you. I have zero interest in that stuff. It's not what I go to Fallout for and I don't go elsewhere for it either. It seems like Bethesda is uninterested in its own game.

More
22 Jun 2016 08:29 #229203 by Jackwraith

Sevej wrote: No internet, means I have to play whatever is already in my hard drive. So I boot up Dawn of War Soulstorm, and played the campaign as *gasp* Eldar.

I loved Dawn of War. It helped that I was already a hardcore 40K player, but the adaptation of units, both abilities and artwork, made it such a great transition that it's still probably my favorite RTS ever. Also because it finally did away with the "mining line" approach and gave you resources for actually advancing on the map. I tried to play SC2 after years of DoW and I just couldn't do it. I'm lost to RTS with worker lines now.

I really enjoyed the Eldar, too, although my favorite were my two favorite armies from 40K that both appeared in Soulstorm: the Dark Eldar and the Sisters (Purge the infidel!) That said, when I think of DoW, I always remember the tagline quotes of the Assault Marines ("Death from above!") and the Termies ("Terminators ready!") Plus Priest-led Guardsmen... [Homer drooling noise]
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_jake_1973

More
24 Jun 2016 00:08 #229302 by hotseatgames
I finally just beat Doom. That was a challenge, as I was playing on Ultra Violence, or whatever the 3rd difficulty level is called. Overall the game was fantastic and a must-play for FPS fans. I would love a Quake game done like this.

And just in time for the steam summer sale. Time to spend some more money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
24 Jun 2016 12:59 #229325 by Black Barney
Started playing The CREW and OVERWATCH.

Really enjoying The Crew. Total open world driving. I drove from Detroit to NYC last night with a friend in Australia, and it was good fun. I was smashing into him in and around the streets of NY and was amazed that there was no connection issues with someone on the other side of the world.

Overwatch is going to take some getting used to. Won my first two games as Tjorborn but there's a lot going on in that game. The cheevos look to be a nightmare

More
25 Jun 2016 01:10 #229346 by hotseatgames
I picked up a few games on Steam.
Pillars of Eternity - haven't checked it out yet, but I'm sure it's a huge time sink if it pulls me in
Darkest Dungeon - this seems really cool. Still early
Super Hot - a neat puzzle game disguised as a FPS. Very short levels so you can play for a brief amount of time
The Witness - have not examined this one yet
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - not checked it out yet

More
26 Jun 2016 22:06 #229380 by Sevej
Can anyone recommend me a cheap, casual FPS from Steam Sale? I need something to play in a sporadic manner. Nothing abstract like Super Hot though...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes

More
26 Jun 2016 23:04 #229384 by hotseatgames
Ziggurat is fun. I haven't played Devil Daggers but that might also work for you.
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is fantastic. I played it spread out over months.

More
16 Jul 2016 23:39 #230306 by SaMoKo
Welp, Monster Hunter Generations is out. No other game will exist to me for a few months now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.744 seconds